OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C / T2 with Blind Scan

pinzill

Registered
Zeonbud, abertis

Please test in zeonbud e abertis
Your predecers in sf 4008 e octagon sx 88

alexandrerpo

Registered
I can not comment on this SF8008 but I can give you an opinion on the SF4008.
Never again do I buy anything from the Octagon, the blind search never worked, powervu only with stream relay, audio bug, no support team Openpli, etc.
I feel that they only sell and the support / development depends on the Orientals, and it is very but very slow and suffering.
Mutant HD51 has the same processor as SF4008, I do not know if blindscan works, but powervu works without stream relay, it has support by Openpli team.

AAR5AC

Registered
Openpli not supported on this box for some reason. I run OpenVix which is very similar and performs very nicely on it.

kebien

Registered
any way to run some openpli clone on 8008?

I got the sf8008 with Open ATV 6.2 image.
Is stable enough,no need for stream relay for powervu,blindscan works well enough,no audio or video bugs I can report.
It works solid,I got it to upgrade from my DM800 regarding newer modulations like DVBS2X.WEBIF works as expected,streaming to pc too
I find the box very likable.
It will last? I do not know,my DM800 is at least 8 years old,and never stopped working,have 2 of them,among older enigma 1 boxes,all of them work like the first day.
Time will tell.
The upside : is really cheap for what it is doing.

Francescone

After 7 months, could anyone please confirm blind scan and multistream performances? William, did you make extensive test of this box? I'm looking for a new decoder, but I do not want a little chinese toy. So, what about blind scan, multistream, t2mi and any other DX feature? Thanks.

kebien

Registered
After 7 months, could anyone please confirm blind scan and multistream performances? William, did you make extensive test of this box? I'm looking for a new decoder, but I do not want a little chinese toy. So, what about blind scan, multistream, t2mi and any other DX feature? Thanks.

Where does it say in the specs it does T2MI?
I guess this is not a unit for you,since it runs Enigma 2 same as all dreambox and VU,and AZ.
I remember you do not like a satellite PC box.(but all boxes are basically the same,no matter what you buy)

There is no multistream in America skies.
There is not DVBS2X yet on American skies.
Blindscan very well.
Not sure what DX features you are looking for.
Cost half of other receivers running Enigma 2.

I believe with time,some DX tools can be developed as with any other Enigma 2 boxes.
Some important ones :
Spectrum analyzer (graphical,on screen and/or PC)
Vtuner (already implemented but not used yet)

Again,is probably not of your liking.

Last edited:

Francescone

Well, I do not know situation in american skies, but I do not understand because you say this is not a box for me. I have a PC card (TBS5925) working very well (including DX features like blind scan, multistream and so on), but I would like a new standalone receiver. In other boxes, T2MI is OK installing Dreamgr image, but I don't know in SF8008, so I asked this in my previous post. Good news if blind scan is OK. Thanks.

kebien

Registered
Well, I do not know situation in american skies, but I do not understand because you say this is not a box for me. I have a PC card (TBS5925) working very well (including DX features like blind scan, multistream and so on), but I would like a new standalone receiver. In other boxes, T2MI is OK installing Dreamgr image, but I don't know in SF8008, so I asked this in my previous post. Good news if blind scan is OK. Thanks.

If dreambox is not a box for you,then any enigma 2 box is not a box for you,going by your past posts you said you are not a friend with a computer with a pc card as you called a dreambox and enigma 2 complicated to use and not user friendly.
But you could have changed your mind,of course.

SatDreamGR image is not compiled for this box yet.
But T2MI can be tuned with any dreambox,the decapsulation is not implemented.

georgeflu

Registered
satdreamgr is available for the receiver (sf8008) since 6/12/2018 ...

T2MI now, is a "case" that the way that works is combined from the receivers drivers and the image that it uses. a few receivers could work those channels direct, and other only using de encaps (using same image of course...)

Last edited:

Francescone

Please georgeflu, could you please explain better SF8008 actual status? I know that satdreamgr is the best image for "playing" (I mean multistream, feeds, t2mi, abertis.....), so I would like to try it. But I don't know the best receiver to reach my goal. Now I have an old Vu+ Duo2 but it has no multistream tuner and no chance to install one. I could use my TBS5925 as external tuner but I would prefer to buy a new standalone receiver. So, I do not know if SF8008 is ok for all this. If not, maybe I must buy dreambox DM920 but it's more expensive. What is your experience? Thanks.

georgeflu

Registered
none receiver can't play direct abertis (all the above can do it through astra-sm)
many can receive multistream channels,but not t2mi direct
from those i know, edision mio and edision osmini pro can play direct t2mi (not the cband t2mi).
all receivers, can play a few channels (like zeonbud) using astra-sm

georgeflu

Registered
latest infos, refers that the latest drivers of sf8008, supports direct receiving of zeonbud channels...

EnoSat

T2-MI (T2MI) PLP Direkt Scan Support OCTAGON SF8008
ab Treiber (Driver from) 29.01.2019
Siehe Bilder (See Photos):
Getestete Satelliten (Tested Satellites):
- 4.9E ZeonBud
- 40E TP`s: 3665, 3685, 3915, 3767, 3779
- 40.5W: 4000
Treiber + E2 Images in den kommenden Tagen.
Driver + E2 Images in the coming days.

Last edited: