ISP blocking access Sat-universe?

daxv8

Registered
Hi,

I have had great difficulty trying to access sat-universe for the last forth night . I thought the site was down as all I was getting was Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage . Is my ISP(VM) blocking access . I only have access via proxy server!

Cheers

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
It is more likely that our server firewall has blocked your ip. You can use contact us form to send us your ip if it is static. You can check it at www.whatsmyip.org
If your ip is dynamic then it is something else. Could be your isp or your firewall.

alunfennell

Registered
Hi,

I have had great difficulty trying to access sat-universe for the last forth night . I thought the site was down as all I was getting was Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage . Is my ISP(VM) blocking access . I only have access via proxy server!

Cheers

Dont know where you are from, but if you are using somethng like Sky Broadband or an Internet service that comes from a Cable company then YES its likely that your ISP is blocking Websites relating to Television Hacking codes etc.

i have had this is the past...

i dont think VM is blocking you as its not allowed..
I dont think vm can just block any website it wishes...

Check your ANTI VIRUS i have had site do this and also check with your nabours..
it could also be a local dns problem with VM

i couldn't access youtube without a proxy then i found it was my AV

alunfennell

Registered
Virgin Media, Sky Broadband and BT are all starting to block Website they see are partaking in Pirate activity Music Download, Software, Movies and Games after the House of Loads signed legislation regarding Pirate activity on the Internet which came into law 3-4 months ago.

The only ISP opposed and have to date not signed anything regarding the new Anitpiracy Laws are UPC / NTL in the UK ....

VM, BT and Sky are all currently passing any information relating to Piracy to the Digital Intellectual property rights department based in London based on all Downloaded material seen to be deemed by them to breach Intellectual property rights.

All ISP have been given the right to Block on any customers any Websites seen to operated or trade in Pirate software, Games , Music etc.

This Website could be seen to have quite a lot of this Material been traded.

All you have to do is Google it and you will find thousands already unable to log onto certain websites Sky are the Worst at the moment but there is a Workaround in some cases Dyndns.com is a Good Start to bypass any blocks...

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Virgin Media, Sky Broadband and BT are all starting to block Website they see are partaking in Pirate activity Music Download, Software, Movies and Games after the House of Loads signed legislation regarding Pirate activity on the Internet which came into law 3-4 months ago.

The only ISP opposed and have to date not signed anything regarding the new Anitpiracy Laws are UPC / NTL in the UK ....

VM, BT and Sky are all currently passing any information relating to Piracy to the Digital Intellectual property rights department based in London based on all Downloaded material seen to be deemed by them to breach Intellectual property rights.

All ISP have been given the right to Block on any customers any Websites seen to operated or trade in Pirate software, Games , Music etc.

This Website could be seen to have quite a lot of this Material been traded.

All you have to do is Google it and you will find thousands already unable to log onto certain websites Sky are the Worst at the moment but there is a Workaround in some cases Dyndns.com is a Good Start to bypass any blocks...

Well it shouldn't apply to us. We don't have a content relating to pirated software, games, music or movies. And I'll soon be removing even the old redirects to such topics so there won't be a mention of them.

biff2004

Registered
Hi,

Cheers

dont use IE8 or 9 for internet. use firefox browser.

also are you using a router, if so then disconnect it. connect to modem direct and re try to connect on here.

also check your antivirus/internet security programme cos this can also stop you accessing sites.

im with VM and had no problems connecting on any sites and i do alot of browsing :D
on sites you dont want to know about :D

biff2004

Registered
also with cable modems you could try this.

while your pc is on, unplug your modem for 20 seconds from power then reconnect it. wait until its online then try suggestion below.

click on start bar and select run then type CMD

this opens a dos box. type in ipconfig you will see info about your modem ip adress etc

Commands for ipconfig you can try

ipconfig/release: Sends a DHCPRELEASE message to the DHCP server to release
ipconfig/renew : Renews DHCP configuration for all adapters.

ipconfig/flushdns: Flushes and resets the contents of the DNS client resolver cache.

daxv8

Registered
Hi,

Reconnected striaght through no problem . I have not changed any IE settings or P.C. settings . As this also happened on a different network and hardware I can only put it down to the ways Sat universe were allow there cookie set up .

Cheers for all the comments .:thum:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
If you guys experience the same issue again. Use some proxy, a friends computer, or some internet bar and visit the site then use contact us form and send us your ip address if it is fixed ip.
Then I can look it up in the firewall and remove it if it is blocked. It can sometimes detect false positives and block someone who shouldn't be blocked.