New Oscam AFN for Vu+ Solo4k

WaRp

(∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Staff member
Administrator
AFN? no I do not think, as far as I know it has not been released oscam to support hash mode 15+

eaglevision993

Registered
Sad but true. It would be a simple fix but I think the support for Oscam is dead.

It works well on many other receivers like Skysat snd Starsat.

nautilus7

VIP
Since people are willing to pay for these receivers, then maybe hackers prefer to sell their powervu hacks to the manufacturers of these boxes, instead of giving them free to oscam-emu.

So, the ones to blame are not the oscam-emu devs or hackers, but the idiots who buying these shitty boxes.

eaglevision993

Registered
Those receivers cost 50-100$ and if you just want to watch a certain channel and don´t care to have linux they do a great job.
I have one of each in other rooms just because they were so cheap. They auto update very fast, are CS ready and switch channels quite fast.
Even without the hacking capabilities they are OK for the price if you just need a basic receiver.

I also have a Dreambox and several Vu+ receivers and they are superior and have way more possibilities to customize, but they were NOT worth their money.
Back in the days support for linux boxes and emus was great and it was the best thing to have for some time.

But today they are not really worth the money anymore IMO.

nautilus7

VIP
$100 is cheap? Where do you live and how much do you earn per month?

What makes you believe that these boxes will continue to update in 1 year from now? Perhaps some "new" brand will pop up and offer support for the latest encryption and you will have to buy their boxes. And this will happen again and again.

eaglevision993

Registered
I doubt that the support is consistent. It may be over in a year or 2 but that is OK for the price.

100$ may not be on the very cheap side of receivers but 50$ certainly is at least in my part of the world in northern Europe. Compared to my 400+ Euro Vu+ that cannot even do the same as such a cheap box it is certainly a bargain.

You could also see it like a subscription fee. If I can watch a certain number of channels that I like and otherwise could not subscribe to legally, 50$ for 2 years is OK for me.

We have to pay 17,50 Euro every month for our state owned and operated stations wheather we watch them or not. So 25 a year for channels I like is well worth the money I´d say.

And after that the receiver can still be used as a spare or in room that are not used frequently.

That all being said, I´d rather pay 50$ for a working Oscam for my linux based box instead of the inconvenience of using a separate receiver.