4:2:2 What Receivers?

dmr0x

Registered
4:2:2 hevc/h265 is part of the spec so yes the likes of the solo 4k can open them but not h264 4:2:2

kedarz

Registered
Probably android boxes can open 4:2:2 mpeg4 feeds with recording and playing in the same time via BS player or MX Player but nobody tests this. Only playing was tested and works very well.

strong5000

Registered
android box can't open 4:2:2 channel for satellite feed, has tested many anroid box (Amlog S912,905D,905...and other CPU also)

FUNLONY

VIP
Kedarz great found !

I CAN CONFIRM THAT SMARTPHONE WITH ANDROID OPENS 4:2:2 FILES BY USING MXPLAYER !!! THAT IS CRAZY !

STB PRODUCERS LIKE TECHNOMATE , VU+ THINK WE ARE STUPID AND BELIEVE THEM THAT STB LIKE SOLO 4K CANNOT OPEN 4:2:2 ! THEY DO NOT WANT THEIR SET-TOP-BOX TO OPEN 4:2:2 THEREFORE WE WATCH IT ON OUR SMARTPHONES !

TM know that it is possible but have distanced themselves from 4:2:2 stb by removing a thread on this subject for whatever reason. :eek:

Hi William,

Do you think that the combination of VU+ Solo 4k and the smartphone can do the job?

Thank you

william-1

Feed Hunter
Reply from Manhattan

There are USB ATSC tuners. We tired several in 1.0 and not worth the money. Not saying that something won't come-along that is better. Then again it depends what you want to use your USB ports for.

First I want to clear-up some confusion. I'm talking about two different chipsets. One that we announced in this blog the Hisilicon 3798 V200. We have been testing the 3916 in 4K 30, but that was just for the SW. We still have not received the working unit in satellite for the 3798 chipset. This chipset has the ATSC tuner built in. All of these are hybrids. Why should I exclude other people who want ATSC in it. The factories are aware of the desired 4.2.2 in the various video formats. Testing with the 3916 in KODI 4.2.2 worked well.

The other chipset just came out and we are testing the first sample unit. It has some SW work to go, but not anything major that cannot be rectified quickly. We are in discussions on the changes, but its hard right now with Chinese New Year. This unit does not have ATSC, but we have some issues with the 4K in 4.2.2. and possibly 265 in 4.2.2. So they are looking at the possibility using the higher-end decoder/encoders to make this possibly work. Again, bad timing with the holiday. But not unlike us working through the Holidays.

We understand what you guys want. We have been waiting for this Hisilicon chipset for like a years time. It is out of my hands in how fast we can get these since there are limited amount of factories able to get this chipset. Then the factory made the case and samples with a SATA drive built in. Which is very upsetting and we have no clue why they would do this since they now take away a USB 3.0 port. So now they are changing this. Welcome to my world. All of these units will have Android IP in them and perform really well.

Thank you all for your support, comments and suggestions. Working together like this with your support is greatly appreciated!!

Sincerely,

Jeff Schumann
Manhattan-Digital

rickcaylor.websitetoolbox.com/post/4k-8134075?&trail=180

Last edited:

dmr0x

Registered
android box can't open 4:2:2 channel for satellite feed, has tested many anroid box (Amlog S912,905D,905...and other CPU also)

plenty of android boxs can play h264 4:2:2 in software mode but they need hardware decoding to play smoothly. You can disable deinterlacing to help but then the picture looks rank.

frightlinerman21

Donating Member
what about a new 422 box for biss and 4K feeds for us AOP And me who are technically illiterate or a good step by step video
Regards
Michael OAP

serkanguzel

Registered
What is the cheapest receiver capable of 4:2:2 codec?

Hi,

4;4;2: It is not a codec. İt's 4;2;2 a chroma sampling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

4;4;2 for "all 4K receivers" possible.

Because, 4K chipsets is able to handle the video density.

Of course, certain conditions must be satisfied also.

- "Processor root software" should support.

The Dreambox 900HD is reported to display "4;2;2".

dvb-s2x ok on dm 900 with new triple combo tuner
blindscan dvb-s2x ok
feeds 4:2:2 16 APSK ok
mis no! unfortunatly

Last edited:

oldgraf

Registered
Hi,

4;4;2: It is not a codec. İt's 4;2;2 a chroma sampling.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chroma_subsampling

4;4;2 for "all 4K receivers" possible.

Because, 4K chipsets is able to handle the video density.

No one confirm this work for monts now - not vu+ 4k or Octagon SF4008
or dm900

serkanguzel

Registered
No one confirm this work for monts now - not vu+ 4k or Octagon SF4008
or dm900

I did not see.

@Sami Noor confirm. ( Dreambox 900HD )

===================================

"4K chipsets" is able to handle 4;2;2 video density. It can also work very comfortably.

OK.

ditev

Banned
900HD 4:2:2

This is fake info for DM900 HD with new tunner support 4:2:2, posted in Turkey forum by @sami gastarbeiter is not real info.
He show only s2x muxx on 33E 12621 V DVB-S2X/8PSK to work.

oldgraf

Registered
Wich receiver work 4:2:2 10 bit ? What image ?
I see only settings for prepare this but no realy work. Can some one say that this is working