Have I Bricked My Mini Vu Duo?

mbc0

Registered
Hi, I installed openATV-5.1 :new: vuduo GST 1.5.1 on my Vu+ Duo Mini. after the flash I rebooted and the display was showing the OpenATV Logo and a spinning blue circle for about an hour so I switched it off and back on again but now I get no display at all. the fan does not come on and just a red light on the front of the box. I have tried reflashing but there is no usb activity so I am guessing I have bricked the box! is there anything I can do?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Replace the flash chip or jtag the box.

The problem here is finding the correct boot loader for this clone.

Your other problem would be if there are any bad sectors on the flash nand which does happen with the VU time bomb BB3 wont write to the chip.

mbc0

Registered
ok, I have been reading and not getting very far, is anyone aware of someone that repairs these boxes or should I just cut my losses and get rid of it? shame as the box worked perfect for nearly 2 years and I thought I would try and load a better looking image for my parents and I broke it! just out of interest, when I power the box on, the fan no longer turns, there is a quick flash of amber then the light is permanently red and the usb activity led does not even flicker, are all these things possible with a bad flash?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You have flashed an original image the time bomb drivers have wiped the bootloader.

No easy way back.