Go Back   Sat Universe > SAT Related > Satellite Equipment

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Gains going from 1m dish to 1.5m?

Satellite Equipment

Old 05-12-2018, 02:03  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default Gains going from 1m dish to 1.5m?

Does anyone know what kinda gains can someone expect going from 1m to 1.25 or even 1.5m?
Old 05-12-2018, 19:55  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meho7 View Post
Does anyone know what kinda gains can someone expect going from 1m to 1.25 or even 1.5m?

compare surface area
The Following User Says Thank You to dmr0x For This Useful Post:
RimaNTSS (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 20:01  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Thanked 1,280 Times in 538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmr0x View Post
compare surface area
What a wonderfully helpful reply, well done
The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:
SilverHippy (05-12-2018)
Old 05-12-2018, 21:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

@meho7 Can you specify what do you mean by "gain"? How can you measure and compare gain?
I agree with @dmr0x.... if you compare surface area of aperture than surface area of 1.5m antenna is ~55% bigger than surface of 1m antenna, and 1,2m antenna somewhere in the middle.
And, depending on what you mean by "gain" I would say that gain of 1,2m antenna system better than gain of 1m antenna system. Gain of 1,5m antenna system is much better.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:36  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimaNTSS View Post
@meho7 Can you specify what do you mean by "gain"? How can you measure and compare gain?
I agree with @dmr0x.... if you compare surface area of aperture than surface area of 1.5m antenna is ~55% bigger than surface of 1m antenna, and 1,2m antenna somewhere in the middle.
And, depending on what you mean by "gain" I would say that gain of 1,2m antenna system better than gain of 1m antenna system. Gain of 1,5m antenna system is much better.
Im thinking of getting a bigger dish for feeds cause currently it's a hit or miss with some of them.
I have 1m gibertini
27.5w bbc im getting around 42-43%
22w NHL 60-65% - most of the time not getting lock at all
7e IMGA 59-60%, the international and UCL matches that are in horizontal position no lock at all. Vertical barely a lock at 58-59%

10e La Liga feeds 60-70% but get some weird signal issues almost every match where i lose signal for 5-10sec.

Is it possible to know what gains i could get with a 1.25m? Is it even worth going to 1.25?

cheers
Old 06-12-2018, 08:51  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

@meho7 it is not possible to answer that way. But I am pretty sure if you go for bigger dish you will get much better reception results. You will get lock on transponders you could not lock on 1m antenna and not all other transponders will have much higher rain margin. Bigger antenna always brings better reception.
The Following User Says Thank You to RimaNTSS For This Useful Post:
Diavolo (12-12-2018)