Install OSCAM for DM900

hasafly

Registered
Hi,

anyone can tell me how to (step by step) install latest OScam / EMU arm DM900UHD original image??

Here in forum i findo those two files:
- oscam-svn11289-arm_dream-webif-dvbapi-libusb.zip
- oscam-svn11289-arm_dream-webif-dvbapi-libusb-emu-patch.zip

What's the difference, and how to install it?

Thanks in advance!

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
The first file is the oscam normal, the second is the oscam with emu.
You can use which you want
For installing, download and install the oscam softcam plugin from panel, newnigma and dreamelite ofer oscam from panel
Than go to usr/bin direktory via firezilla and replace the existing oscam bin file with the oscam you downloaded from forum

sfasefo

Registered
what about open ATV? Is there a way to install oscam as it is not present in the plugins panel?

infiniter

Registered
Thanks, juli13, but many simply don't know how.
Copying to the box is on thing, installation another and finally, how to see if it works? Every image has a different approach. I got my DM900 UHD today and first tried Dream-Elite. It has a "Dream-Elite Manager", but I couldn't find a way to find the proper CAM installer until you showed the link. Then I tried Merlin 4 image. It has "DreamCC" extension, not showing any CAMs. Installing a CAM in former Merlin versions was from feed, but for Merlin 4, the way of installing an additional feed is different. The procedure for Merlin 3 does not work with Merlin 4.

infiniter

Registered
Update: I tried manual installation for Merlin 4. Installing the softcam as package worked, but it doesn't start or shows up in the DreamCC extension. Installing it via the user script GUI and starting it afterwards seems to work, but the result is the same as with what I tried before.
I mean, why do they make it that complicated? Dream Multimedia sells these boxes for cable, not supplying them with a softcam in the first place? It is like half of the product is not working.

infiniter

Registered
Update: after reflashing the box to Dream-Elite and installing the OSCAM, it showed up in Dream-Elite Manager, but still cannot make my crypted cable TV station visible (I have an official smart card).

dragonfire

Registered
sorry I open the file with winrar, but the files inside, in the second there oscam bin.
but I can not open it, I wrote Ashampo.Zip file scripts.
I have to install Winzip to open it and remove the bin from oscam replace usr / bin

alfred_1

Registered
The first file is the oscam normal, the second is the oscam with emu.
You can use which you want
For installing, download and install the oscam softcam plugin from panel, newnigma and dreamelite ofer oscam from panel
Than go to usr/bin direktory via firezilla and replace the existing oscam bin file with the oscam you downloaded from forum

Can I just ftp the Oscam with emu ONLY instead of downloading oscam softcam plugin from newnigma.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
Firstly you should install a oscam softcam which put the nessesery file in their places and than you can replace oscam bin whith oscam emu file

alfred_1

Registered
Tks for your reply...just to make sure the oscam bin to be replaced with the oscam emu BIN file or the complete oscam emu.

juli13

Staff member
Administrator
in which mode i change the attributes?

After you put the bin file in usr/bin click the right button of mouse snd you have the comand file permittion, click it and write the attribute 755

koolercs

Registered
I tried oscam on original soft DM900UHD (now is OpenATV for a while in flash).
First I installed g3wizard_2.3-r0.0_all.deb and gp-cam-feed-configs_2.1-r0.1_armhf.deb.
After install BLUE PANEL I was able to install gp-cam-oscam from it.
Config files was manually copied from previous box (/etc/tuxbox/config/*, /var/keys/*).