WWE News

sky star 2

Super VIP
Weekend WWE Appearances, SD! Block Party In NYC, MVP Speaks Out, More

- My9 held their SmackDown Block Party this morning in New York City, NY. We are currently seeking live reports from the event, so if you attended please send us a report by clicking on my name above.

- Kelly Kelly will be at the Wesley Chapel Nissan tomorrow at noon in Wesley Chapel, Flordia. She will be meeting with fans and signing autographs until 2:00 p.m. ET.

Candice will be appearing at Car Pros KIA in Tacoma, Washington tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. She will be meeting with fans and signing autographs until 4:00 p.m.

- To promote SmackDown's debut on MyNetworkTV, the Star ******** out of Fort-Worth, Texas has an interview online today with MVP. He talks about the growing pains he had to deal with getting into professional wrestling, being his own stuntman, and who would win if someone from the front line of the Dallas Cowboys offense would step into the ring with him. You can check it out at this link.

Ryan's Take: MVP, let's just hope it's not Cowboys guard Leonard Davis that wants to step in the ring with you. If I was playing defense against him, I would be absolutely terrified to see him coming for me.

sky star 2

Super VIP

TNA Bashing WWE, Mask Stip, Cyber Sunday, More

Why does TNA make so much mention of Vince and WWE? Do they think bashing them will make people watch TNA instead of WWE?

TNA is doing it in hopes of bringing over some of the WWE audience. They feel that with workers like Mick Foley or Kurt Angle expressing their displeasure with the company that it will give the fans who are unhappy with the WWE product another reason to watch. So in essence, yes, TNA feels that bashing WWE will help them because they want to attract the fans that are searching for an alternative. Is it a smart move? History has shown that it can go both ways. The new World order put WCW on the map, however, the night that Tony Schiavone tried to spoil WWE Raw by announcing that Mick Foley was going to win their title on an edition of Nitro, he lost several viewers for WCW. As a fan I like the competition but do not think that it should be abused or low blows should be utilized. WWE isn't going to mention TNA on television because they are not even close to competing with them.

Why is WWE doing the mask angle with Rey Mysterio? This angle has already been done with the legendary Outsiders. I believe against Kevin Nash. The Kane/Mysterio angle has been poorly booked.

I do not know why WWE added the stipulation to the Rey Mysterio match and as I mentioned earlier in the week, it seems to me to be an indication that Rey Mysterio is not going to lose. I agree with you that the angle has been poorly booked. Kane seemed to be gaining momentum in early July, but when the plans were changed to bring Rey back early, the program lost all hope of being successful.

With Cyber Sunday being an upcoming pay-per-view I was wondering if the voting is real? Does WWE influence the voting in anyway?

From what I understand the voting for Cyber Sunday is legitimate or at least it has been since the pay-per-view's inception. WWE officials can obviously see how the votes are tallying throughout the night to see what to get ready for. They are not going to add a stipulation that they cannot do and a lot of the stipulations are obvious in which way that the fans are going to vote.

Do you think that in about a month or so, once the hype for SmackDown's move to MyNetwork TV dies down, that Raw will eventually become WWE's "A-brand" show again?

No I think that WWE has decided to go with this change for the long haul. I do not see any shifts in power amongst the brands until next year's draft at the earliest.

I heard over a year ago that Hurricane Helms was ****** a TNA Knockout. Is it Velvet Sky or Angelina Love & are they still ******?

Yes, Helms is still ****** Velvet Sky from TNA Wrestling. Normally I do not post things about worker's personal lives, however, Helms has made it very public that they are ******.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Details On Tonight's TNA House Show In Lowell, MA

TNA Wrestling will run a house show tonight at the Tsongas Arena in Lowell, Massachusetts. The below matches are being advertised for the show:

* TNA Champion Samoa Joe vs. Booker T

* TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. with Jacqueline vs. Motorcity Machine Guns

* Awesome Kong vs. Roxxi

* Advertised to appear: AJ Styles, Abyss, TNA X Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir, Petey Williams, Cute Kip, Rock N’ Rave Infection with Christy Hemme, Consequences Creed, and the Prince Justice Brotherhood (Shark Boy & Super Eric).

sky star 2

Super VIP

Details On Saturday's Border City Wrestling Show With Team 3D In Windsor; John Morrison's Birthday

- WNW reader Peter Hoover sent this in... Border City Wrestling will present "A Night of Extreme" this Saturday, Oct., 4th at 7:30pm. Current TNA stars Team 3D will be there along with former WWE superstar Nunzio. From Ring of Honor, Jerry Lynn will also appear. Don't forget that this event has been moved to Assumption Catholic High School (1100 Huron Church Rd.) in Windsor, ON, CANADA. For ticket prices and the history of the first 15 years of BCW, go to www.bordercitywrestling.com.

- WNW reader Joe King sent word that John Morrison turns 29 years old today.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Full WWE SmackDown Results For MyNetworkTV Premiere Now Online

For those that have not noticed, we are now posting full SmackDown results for Friday night in the evening. Wrestling News World correspondent Michael C. Grimaldi provides us with a comprehensive early report with his thoughts. Follow the link below for full results:

sky star 2

Super VIP
UFC Bumps TNA, Vince McMahon On Impact, TNA To South Dakota, More

- Due to the UFC special, Spike TV is not airing the replay of TNA Impact in it's normal 11 PM time slot tonight. The replay of Impact aired this morning at 9 a.m.

- TNA will be holding a house show at the Sioux Falls Arena in Sioux Falls, South Dakota on Sunday, November 23rd, 2008. Tickets go on sale Friday, October 10th, 2008 at 10 AM. Go to http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

- Kevin Eck from the Baltimore Sun newspaper has written a blog about TNA mentioning Vince McMahon on Impact and the misuse of real life deaths in wrestling storylines.

sky star 2

Super VIP

WNW Premium Newsletter - SD! Moves To MyNetwork TV, ECW Changes Timeslot, Major Changes Within WWE Regarding The Three Brands, Kevin Nash/TNA Update, WWE Star Scheduled To Return At Survivor Series, Ask WNW Archive & All The Big News From This Past Week

This article is only available to the Premium subscribers of WrestlingNewsWorld.com. WNW Premium Members get access to the following:

- Access to our Backstage News Updates with news not available on the free site

- All of our Audio Hotlines which include the weekly Insider's News Hotline & Media Conference Calls

- The tremendous WNW Premium Newsletter which is released online every Saturday with all of the big WWE & TNA news from the entire week including an Ask WNW archive

- Our exclusive Premium PPV Previews which give the projected winners for every match of every WWE & TNA pay-per-view with expert analysis

- A FREE subscription to WNW Mobile which sends breaking wrestling news updates to your mobile device

- The completely Advertisement Free version of Wrestling News World which greatly increases load time. No pop-ups, banners, or any other advertisements!

WrestlingNewsWorld.com is proudly the most read professional wrestling news source online! In addition to the exclusive content mentioned you help support us financially and allow us to continue to bring you the best professional wrestling coverage on the Internet.

sky star 2

Super VIP
The Big Show On The Best Damn Sports Show Podcast, The Great Khali/Jackass, More
Written by Ryan Gray on Oct 4, 2008 - 1:22:47 PM

- WNW reader Terry G sent the following... The MTV Jackass guys have a web-site for them to create and show new/old content. One of the new things they do is a interview show called "One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer" hosted by Johnny Knoxville. This week's guest was The Great Khali. Unfortunately the episode did not last long as The Great Khali got upset over a sensitive question and then walked out. Not sure if it was a set up but either way it is quite funny. You can check it out at this link.

- WNW reader Jason of Fox Sports sent the following... The Big Show taped a lengthy appearance on the Best Damn Sports Show Podcast Friday where he discussed everything from wrestling to his love of Peg Bundy, his infamous Saturday Night Live appearance and his attempts at becoming a professional boxer. The podcast can be found on iTunes, just search “Best Damn” in the podcast section of the iTunes store.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Upcoming Alex Shelley/Chris Sabin Appearance, Former Talent, More

- Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin will be appearing at the Xtreme Intense Championship Wrestling event in Warren, Michigan on October 19th, 2008. Go to http://www.myspace.com/xicw for info about XICW.

- Former TNA star Jerrelle Clark will be appearing at the Next Era Wrestling event in Rochester, New York on October 11th, 2008. Go to http://www.nexterawrestling.com for info about NEW and http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
WWE SmackDown! Results - 10/10

Written by Michael C. Grimaldi on Oct 10, 2008 - 9:59:24 PM

WWE SmackDown Results - 10/10/2008
Spokane, Washington
Report by: Michael C. Grimaldi, Wrestling News World correspondent

-WWE Open

-Highlights of the Big Show/Undertaker match from No Mercy

-Smackdown Open (with the same awful theme song)

-The show opens with Vickie Guerrero in the middle of the ring, with a neck brace and in the wheel chair (again) while Chavo stands behind her. The neck brace makes ol' chipmunk face look even more like a chipmunk. Vickie does her "excuse me" line two times before getting to why she's out here. She says that two weeks ago she was "brutally and viciously" attacked by the Undertaker. She claims she could hear the sounds of her vertebra cracking when he "turned her upside down and tombstoned" her. Because of that she is once again "confined to this hideous wheelchair and pathetic neckbrace." The crowd chants "you suck" at her and she responds with another "excuse me." Hey, as bad as she is...she knows how to get heat when the fans start a chant while she's talking. How many people can't even do that? She says the Undertaker got his at No Mercy and because of that, she is giving the man who knocked out the Undertaker a WWE title match tonight against Triple H.

The Big Show comes out all smiles and waving to the crowd. Show gets in the ring, while Chavo looks on, seemingly uncomfortable. Show takes the mic and says that he "told (us) so" but we didn't believe him. He says that he could hear the fans screaming Takers name, wanting him to summon his dark side, but that their screams meant nothing "compared to this (holds us his right fist)." Show tosses it to highlights of the 3 KO punches from No Mercy. "No man can with stand this (holds up is right fist again" Show tell us. He recounts knocking out Chris Jericho (wow, what is that? Like a 6 month call back? Shocking) and the Great Khali and that no one has ever gotten up from the KO punch. He says there is an old saying, "didn't see what hit him," but tonight, Triple H will see exactly what hit's him and after tonight, he will not only be known as the man who KO'ed the Undertaker, but WWE Champion."

Vladimir Kozlov's music hits and the "Moscow Mauler" makes his way to the ring with a purpose. After saying a few things in Russian, Kozlov tells Show that he is challenging whomever wins the WWE Title match tonight. Show tells him to reconsider for two reasons. One, he (Show) is a Giant. And two, because even though there may be people who don't like him (Show), at least he's an American (ahhh, cheap way to get the USA chants going).

BREAK

1. Brie Bella vs. Natalya (w/ Victoria)- Brie starts out jumping Natalya hitting a Thez Press right after the bell sounds. They roll around fighting for position before being pull apart. Natalya shoots Brie into the corner but Brie tips up over Ms. Neidhart. Brie runs to the opposite corner and comes off with a sloppy reverse cross body on Natalya. Brie quickly goes to the apron. Natalya goes to reach for her but Brie slides under Natalya's legs back into the ring and gets her into a sunset pin. After another pin attempt, they lock in a battle for a backslide which Bella comes out on top and gets a two count. Brie lands a stiff single footed dropkick to the face. Natalya whips Brie into the corned and comes charging but is met by a back elbow. Natalya stammers back but then hits a seriously strong discus lariat to take Brie down. Natalya slaps Brie and then applies a sleeper for just a few seconds. Brie tries to take her over with a crucifix into another sunset pin for a near fall. Natalya quickly gets to her feet and hits a Hart-Attack clothesline that would make her Uncle Bret proud. She misses and elbow drop and Brie rolls out of the ring and tries to go under it. Victoria grabs her leg but both are pulled under and Victoria comes out quickly with a frightened look on her face...It's Hornswoggle. Hornswoggle comes out and chases Victoria off. Bella appears from the far side of the ring smiling, but goes back under. A second later, Bella comes out from the side of the ring Brie first went under. She gets into the ring and quickly pins Natalya with a crucifix.

-Tazz and Ross discuss some stuff at ringside and then segue into John Cena

-Part 1 of the John Cena neck surgery video airs.

BREAK

-Backstage Funaki is practicing is announcing. R-Truth comes by and tells him he doesn't need to practice because Funaki is Smackdown's #1 announcer. Truth tells him what he does need is a mic, but Funaki can't have his cause he needs it. Funaki says he likes Truth's song. Truth says he wants to get to know Funaki, but he doesn't even know what his first name is. Truth asks Funaki for his government name and Funaki tell him that his middle name is "Fu," his last name is "naki," and his first name is..."Kung." Oye vey. Truth is shocked, but not shocked enough to make up a parody of the Carl Douglas' "Kung Fu Fighting" song.

-Triple H is in the locker room with his phone out texting. Jeff Hardy comes in and Triple informs him that he's having a tough time voting between Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin as the ref for the World Title match at Cyber Sunday. Jeff understands that's a tough choice. Hardy tells Triple H that he's watched their match from No Mercy and says that he brought it, but Triple H brought it more and he thinks it's unfair that Triple H has to defend the title so quickly against The Big Show. Hardy wishes him luck and leave. Hardy quickly returns to tell Triple H that whom ever wins tonight, "which I doubt, honestly that it will be you; I'm going to make a challenge to the winner." Hardy pats the Game on the leg and tells him to "Go get 'em."

-R-Truth makes his way through the crowd to the ring while rapping.

BREAK

-R-Truth is in the ring and Shelton appears on the tron talking about despite the economic crisis, you can still be safe if you invest in the Gold Standard. God these are always soooo bad.

2. R-Truth vs. (WWE United States Champion) Shelton Benjamin- Non Title Match. Shelton starts off quickly throwing right hands, forearms and knees at Truth. Shelton mounds a downed Truth and starts throwing more right hands before getting up and pitching Truth to the floor Benjamin throws Truth into the barricade. They get back in the ring and Truth takes Benjamin down with an STO like move and mounts the champ firing away right hands of his own. Back on their feet, Truth lands a big forearm at send Benjamin into the corner where he gets pounded on by some more punches from Truth. Truth goes to whip Shelton off the ropes, but Shelton stops his momentum by sliding, turns around and nails Truth with a big clothesline (sequence looked really good) and got a 2 count on a pin attempt. Benjamin applies a rear chin lock to slow down the pace. Truth eventually gets out of the hold with a belly-to-back suplex and gets a two count from it. Truth starts to get fired up hitting 3 right hands followed by a clothes line. Truth hits the corkscrew flying forearm and gets a two count. Shelton quickly changes the momentum with a backbreaker which gets him a two count as well. As Shelton tries to set Truth up for another move, Truth counters with a quick roll up for the 3 count. Not great, but a very solid TV match. With some more familiarity and the right booking, this could lead to a good PPV match.

BREAK

3. Jeff Hardy vs. Montel Vontavious Porter (MVP)- During MVP's entrance we get Pop Up Gregory Helms who tells us that the "P" in MVP stands for "please...as in Please win a match. I'm just sayin'" Yes...yes you are. The storyline here is, the reason MVP has been on a losing streak is because his "contract" has a bonus clause in it that will pay him a big sum when he earns his next pinfall. Interesting. It's not exactly what I suggested in my No Mercy recap, but it's something. MVP quickly went for a few flash pins on Hardy, putting over the fact that his is desperate to get a pinfall so that bonus kicks in. After 3 attempts at a quick pin on, Hardy reverses the tide and nails MVP with a running forearm. Hardy hits a sitout gordbuster and then makes his way to the top rope. While Hardy does this, MVP bails and calls a "time out." BREAK

Back from break Hardy is being whipped into the corner but he tips up and MVP goes under him. Hardy hits a spinning mule kick to knock MVP back into the corner on his ass. Hardy attempts the tip-up dropkick but MVP kicks him off. MVP goes for the cover and gets a two, so he tries another cover and again, only a two count. MVP delivers trade make knees to Hardy while holding him in a half nelson and follows them out with a body slam and a knee drop, which leads to yet another 2 count. MVP applies a seated abdominal stretch to Hardy to wear him down. Hardy gets out and hits the ropes, but is met by a flap-jack like move from MVP who tries to get the pin again, but no dice. MVP nails Hardy with a few heabutts and goes for yet another pin attempt to no avail. Frustrated, MVP applies a reverse bearhug and takes Hardy down to the mat. After that doesn't work, MVP hits Hardy with a face buster for...you guessed it, a two count. Hardy hits the Whisper in the Wind and gets a two count of his own. Hardy send MVP into the corner after a dropkick and then hits two tip-up dropkicks on MVP before climbing to the top and hitting the Swanton for the three count and the victory.

After the match, Vladimir Kozlov makes his way to the ring. Hardy motions to him to "bring it" and they start to throw down. Hardy goes for a reverse cross body off the middle ropes but gets headbutted in mid-air.

BREAK

-Justin Roberts introduces the special guest ring announcer for the next match, Maria.

4. Jesse & Festus and (WWE Tag Team Champions) Carltio & Primo Colon vs. Ryan Braddock/Curt Hawkins/Zach Ryder/Kenny Dykstra- The sounding of the bell sets Festus off and the heels clear the ring. Ryder and Carltio start. Carltio hits a quebrada on Ryder. Hawkins tags in and hits the Curt Henning rolling neck snap. Braddock then comes in and drops a knee and gets a two count. Dykstra tags in and comes in with a double axe handle off the top rope which nets him a two count. Kenny applies a rear chin lock on Carlito while Primo tries...weakly, to get the fans to chant for his brother (I believe, in chanting style, he said "Car-Li-To" ...once. Ummm, Primo, you gotta try harder than that to get the fans to chant for a guy who was a heel and has been off TV for about 6 months). Carltio gets out of the chin lock, but Kenny runs over and knocks Primo off the apron. Kenny turns around and is met by a rana and Carlito then makes the tag to Festus. Jesse and Primo hit synchronized tope suicidas onto the heels on the outside while Festus takes care of Kenny in the ring. Festus hits the fireman's carry flap jack on Kenny and gets the pin. After the match, Festus is returned to his dazed and confused state, but he wanders outside the ring and stares at Maria...either he likes her...or he wants to eat her...wait...same thing.

-Highlights of The Big Show knocking out Chris Jericho many months back

BREAK (I think)

-Part 2 of the Jon Cena neck surgery video airs.

-The Great Khali is in the ring with Ranjin Singh. The Johnny Knoxville footage airs. So Khali is upset that Knoxville thinks his junk is big? Seriously, you only get upset at that if it really isn't...right? I would know. Anyways, Singh challenges Knoxville to show up Monday to prove who is more entertaining and Khali will show that he is again after the match tonight, with the Kiss Cam.

5. The Great Khali defeats 3 Local Wrestlers- After the bell sounds, all 3 local boys charge at Khali who just raises his arms and makes noise...and all 3 stop dead in the tracks. Two of the dudes bail and the middle one is left to take the Khali head chop and is pinned.

-After the match Khali and Singh do the kiss cam thing. The last person shows is a fat chick with short red hair and glasses. Singh tells her to come into the ring. The rotund lady does so and Singh tells Khali to kiss her. Khali doesn't really want to, but eventually gives in to his apparently small unit's desire and plants one on her.

BREAK

-Highlights are shown of the aftermath of the Jeff Hardy/MVP match when Kozlov laid Hardy out.

-Next week it will be Jeff Hardy vs. Vladimir Kozlov

-Kozlov is backstage talking to the camera in Russian. He says next week he will crush Jeff Hardy. "I will break him."

-Triple H makes his way to the ring for his match vs. The Big Show

BREAK

-Big Show makes his way to the ring.

6. WWE Championship Match- The Big Show vs. (WWE Champion) Triple H- Triple H tries to "stick and move" but quickly gets chucked over the top rope by Show. Show quickly makes his way after him and a slugfest ensues on the outside. Show charges The Game, but HHH moves and Show hits the ring post shoulder first. Show gets back in the ring and when Triple H gets to the apron to also get back in, Show meets him and nails a headbutt to knock HHH back to the floor. Triple H tries to get in again, but this time when Show grabs him, HHH drops down and hangs Show's neck up on the top rope. Triple H tries to get on the offense but Show quickly hits a big side slam to stop him. BREAK

Big Show has Triple H in a neck vice and applies the pressure. Triple H tries to power out, but Show heabutts him in the back of the head and then spins his leg over The Game and drops him down with a leg drop (that looked good) and gets a near fall. Triple H back up into the corner and show comes charging for a big avalanche but Triple H moves and the Shows hits the buckles. Triple H stumbles back into the corner and Show comes charging again and this time gets two booths to the face. Triple H jumps off the middle rope onto shows back and applies a sleeper. Show stood on his feet for a long time while Tripe H just hung onto him on Show's back with the sleeper. Show eventually pulled Triple H off over his head. Show goes to drop and elbow but misses. Triple H hits the facebuster on his knee and goes for the Pedigree but Show blocks and backdrops him while falling back and cradling his head (a backdrop-slam if you will). Shows cocks the right hands and sets for the big KO punch but HHH ducks, Show quickly changes gears and catches a charging Triple H with the chokeslam. Show doesn't go for a pin but rather is about to donkey punch (well...that's what it is) HHH like he did Undertaker at No Mercy when...the lights go out and the bell tolls. Lights come back on and Undertaker is in the ring and starts going to town on the Big Show with right hands sending Show to the floor. The lights go out again and the bell tolls as they come back on and Undertaker is now behind Show in the aisle. Takers continues to go to work on Show as they do they lights thing again. Undertaker brawls with Show to the back as Vladimir Kozlov is out for a third time on this show. Triple H is ready and Kozlov gets in the ring. The face off and then start throwing hands. Kozlov gets the upper hand but Triple H steps back and kicks him in the gut and tries to hook him for the Pedigree. Kozlov shoves him off and nails him with a headbutt. Jeff Hardy comes down the aisle and makes a run and Kozlov but is quickly taken down with a shoulder tackle. Triple H is back up and both he and Hardy double team Kozlov knocking him out of the ring. As Kozlov stares up at the two of them,, and the crowd chants "USA" Hardy then turns quickly and hits the Twist of Fate on Triple H (to a decent amount of boos) and goes back to the stare down with his opponent next week.

- END OF SHOW.​

RIDER

Super VIP
ECW On Sci-Fi Results - 10/07/2008

Written by WWE.com on Oct 7, 2008 - 10:00:30 PM

ECW on Sci-Fi Results - 10/07/2008
Spokane, Washington
Report by: WWE.com

SPOKANE, Wash. – With the Land of the Extreme erupting in Spokane Arena Tuesday night – and Cyber Sunday less than three weeks away in Arizona – WWE is scorching up the western U.S. But there’s now a palpable chill in the October air as the WWE Universe has learned of the return of Boogeyman.

Eight-Man Tag Team Match: John Morrison def. CM Punk
Bad blood ran rampant in the Eight-Man Tag Team match which saw John Morrison pin CM Punk using a Moonlight Drive, giving Morrison’s team of The Miz & World Tag Team Champions Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes the win over CM Punk, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne & Ricky Ortiz. The loss was another thorn in the side for Kingston, who was defeated by DiBiase last night on Raw despite support from CM Punk.

Mark Henry def. Jamie Noble
Coming off a loss to ECW Champion Matt Hardy at No Mercy, Mark Henry was not in a good mood Tuesday. Unfortunately for Jamie Noble, he paid the price with a World’s Strongest Slam. Mark Henry dominated Jamie Noble in a match that Noble was backed into during a verbal exchange with Henry earlier in the night in ECW General Manager Theodore Long’s office.

After the match was over, the World’s Strongest Man continued to punish Noble by brutally slamming him two more times to the canvas. But, Hardy didn’t like what he saw and rushed to Noble’s aid. However, Hardy paid a heavy price as Henry punished him with a World’s Strongest Slam and a crushing 400-pound splash. After the carnage, Hardy was left motionless on the canvas next to the fallen Noble.

Finlay & Tommy Dreamer def. Mike Knox & Jack Swagger
Finlay pinned Mike Knox, giving the Belfast Brawler and Tommy Dreamer the win over Knox & “The All-American American” Jack Swagger. Hornswoggle intervened in the action to help his father by hitting Knox with a Tadpole Splash. Finlay followed up by bashing Knox with his shillelagh to get the pinfall. The victory was sweet revenge for Tommy Dreamer, who was defeated by Mike Knox last week on ECW and gutwrench powerbombed by Swagger after the bell.

RIDER

Super VIP
WWE RAW Results - 10/06/2008

Written by Kendra Bunyon on Oct 6, 2008 - 7:40:02 PM

RAW this week starts with music and pyro.

Y2J's music and he comes out to huge heat. He’s in his immaculate suit but the left side of his mouth is quite bruised. It was announced on WWE.com that Adamle will not be on the show. Y2J has been asked to take his place. Y2J says the man who revolutionize the ladder match was beaten by Y2J. But HBK did what he said, he permanently disfigured him. Y2J shows his broken canine. He’s going to have to live with it every time he looks in the mirror, but he will also remember what he did to HBK. He destroyed him and humiliated him in the match he revolutionized. He knows HBK will want retribution, but he’s done with HBK, but he’ll hand him off to someone who’s not done with him. So he’s going to hand him off to Cade in an Anything Goes Match. Now people have to admit he’s the most dominant performer in the world today.

Batista’s music and he comes out in jeans and a grey wife beater with a smirk on his face. He congratulates Y2J and then tells him to pick a number.

Y2J asks what he means.

Batista says he’s the number one contender and Y2J needs to pick how many days until their match.

Y2J said he thought he’d see Batista come out and do this posturing, so Batista should think about what he’s asking for. Even though he had a brutal match last night, he will do whatever it takes to survive. Just like HBK, when it’s all said and done he will make sure the name Batista is synonymous with failure. He tells Batista to get out of his face and his ring, right now.

Batista laughs and says he wants to explain a few things to him. Like it or not Y2J is going to defend the title against him. And two... A spinebuster! He leaves the ring and revels in the crowd on his way up the ramp and on the stage. The whole while Y2J is rolling around prone on the mat.

- Commercial

Video replay of Batista hitting the spinebuster on Y2J. During the break Y2J said he was in charge for the night and he can’t strip Batista of his number one contendership, but he can make him defend it. So he’ll be facing JBL again for the number one contendership tonightwith Y2J as the guest ref.

Regal is in his throne at ringside and Layla is leaning against the side of it/him.

Mickie runs out in a white and pink version of her outfit, Jamie Noble is in tow. Glamarella comes out. Beth is in a black and red halter jumpsuit. Santino says he’s been criticized for being too ethnic. So he is trying to be more American for us. So he adopted a new NBA team, Oklahoma Thunder - the former Seattle Supersonics. Seattle fans are pissed.

Beth and Mickie start out. Mickie takes Beth down hard, but Beth tags out. Mickie has to tag out. Jamie kicks Santino down in a corner then hits a back elbow. Jamie rolls down a corner and covers Santino for two. Jamie is whipped into the heel corner. Beth grabs the back of Jamie’s tights and messes with his head when the ref isn’t looking. Santino quickly rolls Jamie up for three.

- Winners: Glamarella

Santino and Beth celebrate outside but Jamie comes out after Santino. Santino runs and jumps over the barrier but Regal gets involved. He’s gone crazy and it takes a ref holding him down and laying on him for Jamie to get away.

Out back Grisham asks HBK about his match with Cade. HBK asks if Grisham thinks he should tell Y2J he’s too sore. Instead Grisham should ask Y2J if he’s going to defend the championship. No, he’s not. He’s going to have his boy beat down HBK. But HBK’s bordering on insanity and hopped up on adrenaline. Cade is going to have to be in the ring with him.

- Commercial

Kofi comes out to the ring. Team Priceless comes out with Manu in tow. Ted is the one wrestling. Suddenly Punk’s music and he comes out to ringside.

Hard shoulder block to Kofi who comes back with a back elbow of his own. Kofi ends up bouncing face first off a corner. Ted stomps him then jumps off the second ropes and lands feet first in Kofi’s gut. Ted covers for two. Body scissors in the center of the ring to Kofi. Kofi works hi way out. Ted goes for a suplex but Kofi gets out. A huge dropkick to Ted. Ted rushes Kofi in a corner. Kofi swings through the ropes and kicks Ted in the head over the top. Manu then Cody distracts Kofi. Kofi had been on top, but that screwed him up. Punk went over and took Cody apart. Ted used his finishes and covers Kofi for three.

- Winner: Ted DiBiase

The heels celebrate up the ramp while Punk tends to Kofi in the ring.

- Commercial

Close up of Y2J out back. He’s talking to someone and say that Batista and the number one contender doesn’t benefit either of them. It’s Orton. Orton asks what Y2J wants. Y2J says Orton’s going to be put to work tonight.

Cole and King talk about Cena and him being injured. Video about Cena. They show clips of his match with Batista when he got injured. Batista said it came down to one mistake Cena made. Batista said people blame him for the injury, but that’s the nature of the beast. Cena’s doctor talks about the injury and surgery. The doctor said he should be back without any limitations.

Out back Dolph Ziggler tries to introduce himself to Mark Henry, kany and Tony Atlas. They each glare and walk off.

- Commercial

Rey comes out to the ring in black and white. He’s not wearing a full head mask as he usually does. Video of Kane kicking Rey in midair two weeks ago. Matt Hardy comes out to tag with Rey. Henry comes out with Atlas in tow (being from Maine I got to see Atlas wrestling live in an armory within the past 6 months - just before he joined ECW). Kane came out to round out the tag match.

Kane hammers away on Rey’s back. Enziguri to Kane. Matt tags in but a big right takes him down. Henry tags in while Kane punches Matt in the heel corner. Matt gets whipped but moves before Henry splashes. Matt kneels and Rey tries to go for a poetry in motion type move, but Henry catches him. Rey gets out.

- Commercial

Kane slams Matt down and tags Henry in. Henry gets Matt up on his shoulder but Matt gets out and hits a chop block on Henry’s left knee. Matt takes Henry down and tags Rey in. A bunch of low landings on Henry who’s on the mat until Kane hits Rey in the back of the head form the apron. Rey gets tossed from the ring. Kane tags in. Henry drags Rey across the mat and tags in Kane (no clue when they swapped out again). Kane tortures Rey and tags in Henry. Henry drags Rey to a corner and stands on his chest - holding the ropes. Henry covers for two - no idea how Rey kicked out. Kane tags in. Rey tries to tag out, but Kane grabs him by the back of the pants. Kane covers for two. Kane telegraphs and gets kicked for it, but then punches Rey in the face. Kane climbs but Rey moves out of the way of the flying clothesline. Rey hits head scissors that send Kane into snake eyes on the second turn buckle. Matt is able to tag in. Matt works Kane over. Henry rushes in but Matt pulls the top rope down and Henry goes outside. Matt sets Kane up and Rey hits the 619. Rey flies outside but Henry catches him. Matt climbs and manages to kick Atlas from the apron as he does so. Matt is about to fly and finish Kane off, but Henry tosses Rey onto the top rope knocking Matt down and giving Kane the chance for the choke slam and the three.

- Winners: Mark Henry & Kane

Kane, Henry and Atlas celebrate on the ramp.

Out back HBK is heading for the ring.

- Commercial

WWE 24/7 - WM 14. Pete Rose went out to the ring to huge heat from the fans - the show was in Boston. He was a nasty jerk in the ring, until Kane came out and hit a tombstone on him. Rose was wheeled out on a stretcher.

HBK comes out to the ring slightly limping and looking rather pissed. Cade comes out to face him. Video of Y2J ducking sweet chin music and Cade covering HBK for the tag win.

HBK comes out punching, but a big clothesline drops HBK. HBK is tossed from the ring. Cade follows and drags a table out from under the ring. Cade bounces HBK face first off the announce table. “HBK” chants. Cade sets up the table outside. Cade grabs HBK, punches him and slams HBK through the table really hard (that was one of the quickest, sickest table slams I have seen since the Dudleys). Back in the ring Cade goes after HBK with a chair, but HBK gets to him first and takes him down. HBK hits Cade with the chair then beats Cade with the chair while he’s down. HBK slams the chair down on Cade over and over again. HBK covers for three.

- Winner: HBK

HBK is seething at Cade, just staring at his prone body from the corner. Then HBK grabs the chair and continues to beat Cade with it, hammering over and over again as Cade tries to cover up. Huge “HBK” chants. (That was really short and really sick! I didn’t think I’d see something like that on WWE since they went PG! Holy smokes was that amazing! So short but so harsh! Wow!)

- Commercial

Cole talks about how well SD! did on MyNetwork and what’s slated for this week.

King is in the ring. He says Santino claims to be the greatest IC Champion of all time. In two weeks he will get to prove that in two weeks at Cyber Sunday! We get to pick who he faces at CS. It will either be Piper - if we text a certain number. Or Goldust if we text to another number. The third is the Honky Tonk Man at a third number to text to.

Lilian starts announcing the next match, but Khali’s music cuts her off. Sing comes out with him. King and Cole talk about Khali’s confrontation with Johnny Knoxville. Sing takes Lilian’s mic and hands it to Khali. He addresses Knoxville, but that’s the only thing I understood. Sing says he had an interview with Knoxville and it didn’t go well. They show the video of Knoxville asking about Khali’s ‘tally whacker’. Khali gets pissed, tipped the table dropping beer on Knoxville and left. Sing says Khali wants Knoxville to show up next week so he can show him real entertainment. Now, to show he has a real sense of humor he wants to host the ‘Kiss Cam’. The camera zooms in on a bunch of different people and most kiss. The last person it zooms in on is Lilian. She looks nervous. Khali walks over to her, dips her and kisses her! She looks shocked/shaken. As Sing and Khali leave the ring Sing calls over his shoulder, “Khali will call you.”

- Commercial

Miz and Morrison come out to the announce table. Jillian is in the ring and starts singing Nirvana because they’re in Seattle. Kelly comes out to the ring. Cryme Tyme come out and join Kelly before she gets in the ring. Cryme Tyme go and set up on the other side of the announce table beside Cole. M&M start arguing with Cryme Tyme.

Cruddy head scissors to Jillian. Kelly climbs up the corner while holding Jillian’s hand, slingshots/bounces her legs off the top rope and somehow sends Jillian flying. Kelly then gets tossed from the ring. There’s so much going on at the announce table between the two teams that the match is a nothing, it’s impossible to pay attention through the funny comments about The View and the screaming from M&M. Back breaker to Kelly (I think - they’re both blondes in black and white). Kelly gets whipped and Jillian gains control by mounting her and throwing punches. Jillian chokes Kelly. Jillian tries to pick Kelly up for a move of some sort, but it takes Kelly jumping three times before Jillian can get her up. Kelly flips over her shoulder and lands on her feet, but they’re both panting so hard as if they’ve been in the ring for an hour. Kelly finally pins Jillian for three.

- Winner: Kelly

M&M and Cryme Tyme are still yelling at each other.

- Commercial

More video about Cena, his injury and how the surgery went. This one had Mickie, HBK, Maria, Miz and HHH talking as well as the doctor and Batista. HHH talks about how Cena showed up at the show a couple hours after surgery with a band-aid on his neck, hanging with the guys.

Y2J comes out in jeans and a ref shirt. Video from early in the show when Batista confronted Y2J and then hit a spinebuster on him. JBL comes out to the ring on foot looking more tired or bored than anything. Y2J whispers in Lilian’s ear. She says there will now be a special guest time keeper, Regal. He comes out to the ring. Y2J whispers again. She says there’s a special guest commentator, Orton. He comes out to the ring. Regal is sitting beside the bell with the hammer in his hand and smirking.

- Commercial

Lilian is finally able to introduce Batista without interruption. Batista looks around at everyone. King asks Orton why he’s out there. Orton says he doesn’t know and doesn’t care who wins.

Y2J calls for the bell and starts to micro manage the match. Batista takes JBL down and hooks the leg, but Y2J slowly gets down to count. Batista gets a one count. Chop block to JBL. Y2J yells at JBL to get up. Knee breaker to JBL. Batista locks on the figure four in the center of the ring. Y2J said JBL touched the rope and Y2J starts counting for Batista to break the hold. JBL covers and Y2J gives a VERY fast count to two. JBL hits a bunch of blows in a corner and Y2J lets it continue. A clothesline to Batista and JBL covers for two. Batista hits a suplex and covers but Y2J refuses to count this time. Y2J leaves the ring to avoid being hit by Batista. JBL punches Batista who falls out through the ropes. JBL is attacking Batista outside. Y2J backs JBL yelling it him around the ring. Regal comes out and attack Batista while Y2J and JBL are ½ way around the ring. Back in the ring JBL locks on a full nelson, but Batista manages to get out. JBL locks on a sleeper. Batista reverses it and they’re both down. Y2J screams at JBL to get up. JBL is whipped and gets hit with a clothesline in a corner. Batista whips JBL to another corner but Y2J trips Batista across the ring. Regal then somehow hangs Batista up on the top rope. Batista hits a double spear on Y2J and JBL. Adamle rushes out to the stage with ref Mike Chioda in tow. Chioda runs to the ring and slides in to count the pin but JBL kicks out at two. A Batista bomb and he covers JBL for three.

- Winner: Batista

Y2J is wandering around outside the ring looking injured and dejected. Adamle comes out and says it’s ironic that Y2J made himself a guest ref tonight. When he met with Shane and Steph tonight they encouraged him to shake things up. So at CS Batista will face off with Y2J for the title. The fans get to pick the special guest ref. It could be Orton, or maybe HBK or possibly Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Biggest pop
HBK
Batista
Punk
Cryme Tyme

Biggest heat
Y2J
Orton
JBL
Team Priceless & Manu

RIDER

Super VIP
Vince McMahon Says WWE Is Second Behind The Circus, Details On This Year's Tribute To The Troops, More
Written by Ryan Gray on Nov 2, 2008 - 11:43:39 AM

Zap2it has an article online promoting WWE Raw's 800th Episode celebration this week. Vince McMahon is quoted throughout the article talking about how the show started and what the future looks like. He then provides details on this year's Tribute to the Troops special that will air this December.

Vince says that years and years ago stations would have a little studio that had room for 100 people, put up a 16-foot ring, and tape a show. He explains that things are much different now as they are on the road every week and are in major arenas all over the world. He then states that WWE is the second largest traveling show in the world, second only to the circus. This week's Raw will feature clips from previous shows and will serve as a walk down memory lane.

This week's Tribe to the Troops special will air on a date to be announced around Christmas-time and will be broadcast on NBC. The one-hour special will be taped in Baghdad this year.

RIDER

Super VIP
Linda McMahon Talks About Balancing Business & Family, WWE's Audience, More
Written by Ryan Gray on Nov 2, 2008 - 11:26:56 AM

Linda McMahon is featured on "Balancing Act" on the Forbes.com website. It is an interesting segment as she talks about the business side of WWE. During the beginning of the segment, Linda talks about how she and Vince ran the company and how they have involved Shane and Stephanie as they have gotten older. She then talks about WWE reaching a PG audience "most of the time." She says that parents should talk to their children about what content they are allowed to watch on television. Linda then says that they reach a broad audience with males 12-34 years old being their "sweet spot." She then explains how sometimes it is difficult to separate the business and family. She says that during birthday celebrations and holidays they make a point to focus on their grandchildren and try to not mention the business.

RIDER

Super VIP
Jim Ross Talks About The Cena Vignettes, Friday's SmackDown, Vladimir Kozlov, Much More
Written by Ryan Gray on Nov 2, 2008 - 10:52:28 AM

Jim Ross has posted a new blog on his official website. Below are highlights:

- Overall, I enjoyed Friday Night Smackdown. I have certainly been a part of worse broadcasts and without question on better ones as well. Because it was Halloween and I was providing moral support for the Mrs as she gave out Halloween candy to all the little ghouls and goblins in our neighborhood, I actually watched the show as it aired and not via DVR.

- Wife Jan was unaware that I was in costume until she saw the show and without question she laughed out loud and started calling relatives and friends. I felt so proud. Thanks, honey.

- Speaking of Halloween and the generation we live in and what our society may look forward to in the future, some little 7 or 8 year old spoiled brat asked Jan if she had Kit Kat bars and she said no that she had Snickers, Milky Ways, M&M's and several other prominent name brand candy. After finding out that there were no Kit Kat bars the boy told my wife, "Keep your candy lady" and walked off. His mommy was waiting for the child in their Mercedes at the end of our drive way but what I would have given to have been at the door when the little jerk showed complete disrespect to someone providing him FREE stuff.

- Yes, I made a factual error as the Undertaker has lost the isolated, casket match here and there including one that I called against the late Yokozuna. That was a mental lapse on my end and ironically no one ever corrected me. I had asked for more info earlier in the day on Casket Matches but that info never materialized. No mistaking, this was my error but sometimes a guy needs a little help remembering all the details considering I've got more going on in my life than wrestling....or entertainment...or whatever. Nonetheless I apologize for the mistake. Perhaps my sailor hat was on too tight.

- Jimmy Yang is grossly underrated and with such a lack of talent depth why Yang isn't being utilized more prominently is a question I won't venture to ask.

- I have no idea where the seemingly nicer Great Khali is going but I am thankful that he is heterosexual. Ranjin's sideburns are outrageous and are just a little width away from the lamb chop level, Honky Tonk Man level. Could these two natives of India, not HTM, be preparing to be the next comedy pairing in their native land? Stranger things have happened friends and neighbors.

- I really enjoyed the 6 man tag on Friday Night Smackdown. Really nice energy and execution. Plus, the world's "Angriest Announcer" was particularly good in this contest. He was oh so "entertaining" and isn't that what matters most for a TV performer?

- The submission hold that the Undertaker uses has no official name for the record. Gogoplata it is not even though it isn't if you know what I mean. We aren't allowed to say choke but it does slip by occasionally.

- Said it before...I like where Vladimir Kozlov is headed but how much better would he be with a bona fide, main event level manager? BTW there are none available which speaks to the shape the business is in regarding talent development.

- Some naysayers who seemingly love to bitch about virtually every segment of every broadcast took issue at the Monday Night Raw promotion within Friday Night Smackdown. Were you surprised that the WWE pushed promoting the 3 hour Raw this Monday in Tampa? Raw sells more PPV's than any other WWE vehicle and getting Raw healthy with strong ratings is a must.

- Speaking of Raw, what a jaw dropping night it would be if Miz and Morrison beat DX and Jericho beat Batista in the World's Title Bout. I'm just saying....

- Yours truly made the mistake of watching "Beyond the Mat" late Friday night and watching it still pisses me off. I honestly feel as if I was duped during the production of this film which I was told specifically was only going to be an "art film" and released only in a few selected art theaters. No one ever mentioned a DVD release or the fact that the film was produced in 1999 and is still playing on cable. Bottom line, I spend many, many hours in helping facilitate WWE talents for the film not to mention helping provide unlimited access and got not as much as a thank you in the credits much less a pay day. The film goes to great lengths to sensationalize the negative aspect of the business, some deservedly so, and without question the production had its stellar moments. But a thanks and a check would have been nice to have received as I assure you that the film made someone some cash.

- Just for the record, we broke the Austin breaking the extras nose on the set of Steve's movie last week. We had that here on Monday. Steve always texts me on game day or I him and he will hopefully be able to find ESPN Saturday night in Vancouver to watch the OU-Nebraska game. Many eyes Saturday night will be in Lubbock Texas where Texas Tech hopes to upset #1 ranked Texas which most college football fans other than those who support UT are pulling for as well. I see Texas winning but a Tech win would not shock me either in what will be a rabid Lubbock, Texas Saturday night on ABC.

- Just a personal opinion, but I would love to see more pieces like the Cena vignette utilized to help establish more wrestler's personas. In order for any talent to become marketable, the audience must make an emotional investment in that individual and understand what the athlete is about. What do they do outside the ring as in what are their hobbies, their personal backgrounds, what are their families like, essentially what makes these men and women tick?. The smallest detail can actually link a fan to the wrestler and then the foundation begins to be established or strengthened.

RIDER

Super VIP
Former WWE Stars Appearing In France, X-Pac Update, More
Written by Devin Cutting on Nov 2, 2008 - 10:35:04 AM

- X-Pac will be appearing at the AAA event in Poza Rica, Mexico on November 21st, 2008. Go to http://luchalibreaaa.com for info about AAA and http://eventosdeluchalibre.tk for info about upcoming lucha libre shows.

- Gangrel and Joe E. Legend (aka Just Joe) will be appearing at the ICWA event in Lille, France on December 20th, 2008. Go to http://icwacatch.com for info about the ICWA and http://evenements-lutte.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

RIDER

Super VIP
Advertised Main Event For Hamilton Show On 12/13/2008
Written by Devin Cutting on Nov 1, 2008 - 3:33:28 PM

TV commercials for the WWE tri-branded house show in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada on December 13th, 2008 are advertising Triple H verses Vladimir Kozlov as the main event of that show.

Go to http://prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

RIDER

Super VIP
Triple H Says WWE Is John Cena's Life, His Wife, & His Kids
Written by Ryan Gray on Nov 1, 2008 - 3:32:03 PM

The Herald Sun out of Australia has an article online today about John Cena and his commitment to WWE. Triple H is quoted in the article talking about how WWE is Cena's life, his wife, and his kids. Cena goes on talk to about how he has passed up several offers to stay in the ring. He says this is his family and he doesn't have a backup plan. Cena also talks about before he had money and had to virtually live out of his car.

RIDER

Super VIP
Exclusive: First-Look Recap Of Ring Of Honor's "Driven" Pay-Per-View Including Match-By-Match Analysis By Richard Gray
Written by Richard Gray on Nov 9, 2008 - 3:00:00 PM

Below is our exclusive first-look recap of Ring Of Honor "Driven" which premieres on pay-per-view this Friday. This report includes a detailed account of the show along with my popular Richard Reacts analysis.

Ring Of Honor "Driven"
Boston, Massachusetts
Report by: Richard Gray of WrestlingNewsWorld.com

The show starts with Austin Aries cutting an in-ring promo on Jimmy Jacobs. Aries says that he was one goal in his mind, to take out Jimmy Jacobs and The Age of the Fall. Aries says he wants to make Jacobs suffer. They show footage of Jacobs vs. Aries at "New Horizons" where they were battling it out on a ladder. Jimmy Jacobs walks out the entrance way and delivers a promo on Jacobs. He proclaims that as one half of the Ring Of Honor World Tag Team Champions that he comes and goes as he pleases. They roll more footage of Jacobs at "New Horizons" as well as footage from Tokyo. Jacobs says that he will physically destroy Aries. Delirious sneaks up behind Aries in the ring to open the pay-per-view.

Singles Match
Delirious (w/ Jimmy Jacobs) vs. Austin Aries

The match starts with Delirious choking Austin Aries with the vest that he wore to the ring. Aries finally starts to counter as Dave Prazak lets us know that this has become an official match. Jacobs is now at ringside, giving orders to Delirious to take out Aries. The crowd is very pro-Aries with loud chants that bring him into another counter. Delirious continues to hit a lot of offense, with Jacobs instructing him in every spot. Aries hits a crazy spot to the outside onto Delirious and Jacobs on the outside. The crowd comes unglued at this point. Aries works with Delirious on the apron, hitting a neck breaker. Delirious looks like he wants to go for the pin but Jacobs instructs him to continue to dish out punishment. He takes too much time, giving Aries the opportunity to start hitting offense.

Aries hits a brainbuster followed by knee strikes. Aries hooks in Last Chancery, causing Delirious to immediately tap. Post match, Jimmy Jacobs attacks Aries in the ring. Tyler Black comes out to help continue the attack. Aries’ forehead is busted open. Jacobs sets Aries up on a table on the outside. Jacobs goes off the top rope onto Aries on the table, causing it to buckle in half. Black goes to the outside to check on Jacobs. Delirious and Black help Jacobs to the back.

Winner - Austin Aries via submission

Richard Reacts: Talk about a lot of action to open the show, I thought that both Aries and Jimmy Jacobs had very effective promos setting up the impromptu match between Delirious and Aries. The match was a good opener as Aries played the underdog babyface throughout only to steal the win with a realistic submission finish. The post match beat down was done to perfection with Aries adding color and Jacobs capitalizing with an insane spot off the top rope onto Aries on the table.

The opening video for the pay-per-view airs.

Larry Sweeney is now in the ring with his clients. Sweeney puts over Chris Hero. Sweeney arranges for a women’s wrestling match, telling an unknown female worker that he refers to as "toots" to get in the ring to face Sara Del Rey.

SHIMMER Match
Sara Del Rey vs. Jessie McKay

Sara Del Rey dominates Jessie McKay with offense, hitting the Royal Butterfly Suplex followed by the three count for the win in a total squash.

Winner - Sara Del Rey via pinfall

Richard Reacts: I don't understand the logic of booking a squash match at this point in the pay-per-view. ROH packs so much in their pay-per-views that sometimes you feel bombarded anyway, so I could have done without the squash.

Sweeney immediately gets back on the microphone, proclaims Del Rey as the best female wrestler in the business and tells her that she can go out to their limousine and enjoy herself. Sweeney says now they have some other matters. He calls out Brent Albright and Erick Stevens and says tonight that they are contracted to wrestle Adam Pearce and Eddie Edwards, who are both in the ring. Pearce gets on the mic and calls out Brent Albright. Albright and Edwards come out to begin the next match.

Tag Team Match
Brent Albright & Erick Stevens vs. Adam Pearce & Eddie Edwards

The match begins with Albright and Stevens storming out to the ring with Albright going after Pearce and Stevens after Edwards. Eddie Edwards works in the ring with Stevens with Albright getting knocked to the outside. Edwards gets a cover on Albright with Stevens breaking it up. Albright caught Edwards in mid-air with a powerslam for a cover. Edwards hits some impressive offense on Stevens who is able to counter. Edwards ends up giving Stevens a boot to the face but takes a powerslam followed by a cover that is broke up by Pearce. Pearce tags himself in and hits a dropkick on Stevens. There’s a goofy spot where Pearce takes shots to the face by Stevens in the ring and Albright on the apron.

Edwards gets involved but Albright and Stevens seem to have the advantage and end up connecting a double noggin knocker on Edwards and Pearce. Stevens goes back to work on Edwards, sending him to the outside. All four men take the fight to the outside where Stevens sends Edwards into the crowd barricade. Stevens gets back in the ring and works with Pearce, Shane Hagadorn and Chris Hero get on the apron, but Stevens in able to take them out. Stevens sends Edwards over the top rope onto Hagadorn and Hero on the outside.

Stevens has his back turned as Pearce goes for a double axe handle blow to his back. Pearce delivers a shot on Brent Albright and ends up tossing Stevens to the outside. Albright is the legal man and attacks Pearce who has his back turned. Albright hits a suplex on Pearce (who looks like he broke his neck) for the three count. Post match sees Stevens and Albright chase Larry Sweeny to the outside.

Winners - Brent Albright & Erick Stevens when Albright pinned Adam Pearce

Richard Reacts: This match had its moments but it was too overbooked for me to enjoy. Things were happening so fast that I had to go back and re-watch the entire match just to be able to cover it. Erick Stevens was definitely the weakest link as far as work rate is concerned as Eddie Edwards was the most impressive. ROH needs to eliminate fast matches like this because if it’s hard for me to follow, it’s going to be almost impossible for a casual fan or first-time viewer to enjoy.

The rest of Sweet N’ Sour, Inc. tries to go to the back but they are greeted by Jerry Lynn, who has a microphone. The crowd chants "Jerry" as they roll footage from Vendetta II from Chicago, Illinois and he greets the fans with a "hello Boston". Lynn wonders out loud if he has anything left and if he should continue wrestling. He says he was at home, watching a Ring Of Honor DVD, when he saw a couple of punks take out his good friend Lance Storm. Lynn tells Chris Hero that he is that punk as they roll footage of "Northern Navigation" in Toronto where Hero takes out Storm. Lynn says that is when he called ROH officials so that we could take him out. Lynn says he can’t think of a better place than right here, right now in Boston. Hagadorn, Edwards, and Hero are all in the ring as Edwards and Hagadorn retreat as Lynn storms the ring.

Singles Match
Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hero

Lynn pulls Hero to the outside and a beat down ensues. Lynn bangs Hero’s head off the ring apron and whips him around the outside. Lynn gets Hero back in the ring as he jumps in as the opening bell sounds. Hero finally builds a counter with knife edge chops. The crowd is pro-Lynn as he starts a counter. The action goes back and forth with Hero getting a quick cover. Hero punishes Lynn with boots to the face. Lynn hits head scissors and a springboard cross-body for a two count.

Lynn looks good as he repeatedly drives his knee into Hero’s face. The offense doesn’t affect Hero that much as he bounces right up and counter with knife edge chops. Hero tosses Lynn to the outside and goes out after him. He connects on a powerslam to the jeers of the crowd. Hero is confident as he taunts the camera before he puts Lynn back in the ring. Hero works with Lynn on the ring apron but Lynn counters and hits a drop kick, sending Hero to the outside. Lynn flips off the apron onto Hero on the outside. Hero counters and rolls Lynn back in the ring where he gets a couple of covers. Hero picks Lynn up and launches him right on his elbow. He gets two more covers.

Hero appears frustrated as the crowd chants "Jerry". Lynn counters with an inverted DDT. Lynn connects a back-body drop and flips all over Hero in the ring. Lynn backs Hero in the corner and pounds away with right hands. Lynn hits a swinging DDT for a two count. Hagadorn shouts instructions to Hero on the outside as Lynn goes for the Cradle piledriver. Hero gives Lynn snake eyes in a counter and follows it with a two count. Hero can’t believe that Lynn gets his shoulder up.

Lynn goes for the Cradle piledriver again but Hagadorn gets on the apron, meanwhile Sara Del Ray makes her way to the ring and throws Hero an elbow pad. Hero connects with a face shot with the elbow pad on Lynn and is able to get the three count.

Winner - Chris Hero via pinfall

Richard Reacts: I don’t care if Lynn is 45 years old, the guy can still go. It isn’t that Lynn can just go; he can work a high-flying style that is reserved in today’s business for the younger workers. The crowd was very much behind Lynn throughout but Hero stole the win with an elbow pad shot.

They roll footage from "Respect Is Earned II" from Philadelphia, where Nigel McGuinness is cutting a promo. Footage is then shown of Claudio Castagnoli and Bryan Danielson getting into it at Death Before Dishonor VI in Manhattan. They cut to a screen that says that the upcoming match is Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Go Shiozaki.

Elimination Match
Bryan Danielson vs. Claudio Castagnoli vs. Go Shiozaki

The only entrance that they show is that of Bryan Danielson. He gets in the ring and goes right after Castagnoli. Shiozaki stands by watching them go at it. Danielson hammers away at the face of Castagnoli, Shiozaki goes to the outside. Danielson stretches Castagnoli who ends up eating a shot from Go Shiozaki who sends Castagnoli to the outside. Sweeny comes out for Shiozaki. Shiozaki works with Danielson in the ring as he applies a side headlock.

Danielson starts to counter, stretching Shiozaki on the mat. Castagnoli comes in the ring and kicks Danielson in the face. Shiozaki and Castagnoli work with one another until Danielson hits an upper cut on Claudio who immediately counter by burying his head into the midsection of The American Dragon. Castagnoli gets a cover that is broken up by Shiozaki. Shiozaki connects knife edge chops to the chest of Castagnoli, Danielson ends up taking out Shiozaki. Bryan and Claudio go back and forth before Danielson kicks Castagnoli in the back and gets a quick cover for a two count. Castagnoli suplexes the referee when he tries to break him out of the corner, this gets Castagnoli disqualified, eliminating him from the match. Castagnoli goes crazy on ROH officials who come out to try and restrain him. Castagnoli fights the ROH officials all the way up the entrance.

The match is down to Shiozaki and Bryan Danielson. Shiozaki starts to wear out Danielson in the corner with knife edge chops. After he completes his attack, Shiozaki covers Danielson for a two count. Shiozaki hits a running knee to the face of Danielson (who is on the apron) from the outside. Shiozaki gets back in the ring and connects on several huge lariats, he follows them with another cover for a two count. Shiozaki connects with right hands to the face of Danielson.

Danielson starts to counter, hits a Butterfly suplex and hooks a submission on Shiozaki. Shiozaki prevents Danielson from locking in the hold. Danielson hits elbows to the head of Shiozaki. Danielson locks in another submission, Shiozaki can’t make it to the ropes. Danielson gives Shiozaki more elbows to the face followed by another submission. Larry Sweeney helps Shiozaki get hits foot on the ropes, causing the referee for the hold to be broken. Shiozaki starts to counter, hitting an effective clothesline to get a two count.

Shiozaki connects on a boot to Danielson’s face, he goes for his moonsault but Danielson gets his knees up. Danielson locks in the triangle choke followed by elbow shots to Shiozaki’s head. Danielson wrenches back on the hold, causing Shiozaki to pass out, and the referee to call for the bell.

Winner - Bryan Danielson after making Shiozaki pass out in a triangle choke

Bryan Danielson cuts a post-match promo, saying that he doesn’t care if Roderick Strong or Nigel McGuinness wins tonight but they have been ducking him for too long and he wants a shot for the ROH World Title on pay-per-view and he wants to meet the winner at the next pay-per-view.

Richard Reacts: That was a very good match, with Bryan Danielson proving once again that he is one of the best mat technicians in the world. The spot where Castagnoli lost it was very realistic and the match benefited by Danielson and Shiozaki surviving elimination to go one-on-one. I couldn’t help but notice that Danielson had a string hanging out of his trunks which was distracting, but his work is still right on par with the Kurt Angles of the world.

Tag Team Scramble Match
Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Jigsaw & Ruckus vs. Kenny King & Jason Blade vs. The Necro Butcher

Jigsaw starts the match with Jason Blade. Jigsaw starts with early offense which includes head scissors. Jigsaw goes after Kenny King which enables Blade to hit a dropkick on Jigsaw. Ruckus gets in the ring to work with Jason Blade who is the new legal man. Mark and Jay Briscoe get in the ring and take out Kenny King in the corner.

Double team from the Briscoes on Kenny King as Jay Briscoe clotheslines him to the outside. Jay and Kenny work on the outside as Mark is taken out by Blade in the ring. The Necro Butcher gets in and takes out Blade, Mark Briscoe, Jigsaw, and Ruckus. Necro tosses Blade out of the ring, followed by Jigsaw.

The crowd is heavily behind The Necro Butcher. Butcher gets on the top rope and flips to the outside onto all of his opponents. The crowd comes unglued! Necro tears through everyone on the outside but the Briscoes work him over on the outside. Ruckus hits Jason Blade with a neckbreaker inside the ring.

The Vulture Squad takes out Kenny King in the ring but Blade makes the save. Blade gets setup in the tree of woe when Jigsaw is able to take him out. The Briscoes get in the ring and clean house. It’s Blade and The Briscoes but The Necro Butcher gets in and breaks up the attack. Necro hits the Tiger Driver on Jason Blade. He goes for a cover but Mark Briscoe breaks it up with a chair shot.

Mark and Jay double team The Necro Butcher and eventually knock him off the apron onto a stack of chairs. The Briscoe brothers connect with a springboard doom’s day device on Jason Blade which allows Mark to get the pin and the win.

Winners - Mark & Jay Briscoe via pinfall on Jason Blade

Richard Reacts: Short match that was so action packed that it dwarfed the other tag match on the show. The Necro Butcher was clearly the crowd favorite and Mark and Jay Briscoe looked spectacular as always. The Briscoe brothers are a lot of fun to watch and are part of what is going to draw new fans to Ring Of Honor.

A promotional piece for Roderick Strong vs. Nigel McGuinness airs.

Ring Of Honor World Heavyweight Championship Match
Nigel McGuinness (c) vs. Roderick Strong

Roderick Strong comes out first, followed by McGuinness who proclaims that he is the best wrestler in the world as he has the title belt on backwards. The match starts slow with technical mat wrestling with no one gaining an advantage. The two continue to exchange wrist locks in the early going. Roderick starts to hit some offense with a leg lariat which gets the crowd going. Nigel’s mouth is busted open.

The crowd is split as Nigel works another wrist lock on the challenger. He continues to work the arm and the shoulder of Strong. Strong builds a counter with hard chops, followed by a ground attacked, followed by more chops. Strong relentless, chopping Nigel’s chest in the corner; he hits a backbreaker and gets a two count. Roderick hits another one and immediately goes for another cover. Roderick chops Nigel’s chest in the corner.

Nigel starts to counter, driving Roderick down to the mat, and sending him to the outside in pain. Nigel, bleeding from the mouth, goes to the outside to continue working the wrist of the challenger. McGuinness places Roderick against the guard rail on the outside and hits a running uppercut. They get in a physical back and forth exchange on the outside. McGuinness drives Roderick elbow first into another side of the guard rail. Nigel taunts Roderick before he rolls him back into the ring.

Nigel and Roderick go back and forth in the ring as Nigel continues to wear down the left arm of Roderick Strong. Nigel nearly gets a three count from a submission hold that causes Strong’s shoulders to hit the mat. Nigel locks in another submission hold before breaking it and proclaiming that he is the best wrestler in the world. Nigel hits Hammerlock Divorce Court on the challenger. Hard chops to the chest of Roderick Strong from Nigel McGuinness; he pokes Strong in the eye.

Strong tries to counter but is dominated by McGuinness and caught in another two count after a mule kick. It looks like Strong is knocked out after another attack from McGuinness, the fans in attendance chant for him to get back up. Strong has a burst of energy, connects off the second rope. McGuinness ends up hitting an elbow on Roderick, knocking him off the apron. Strong gets back on the apron and goes off, onto McGuinness on the outside.

The fans are fired up as Strong chops McGuinness on the outside. Roderick rolls him back in and gets a two count. Leg cradle backbreaker from Strong on McGuinness followed by a pump handle backbreaker and another cover. Just as it looks as if the momentum in the match has turned, Nigel goes back on offense, chopping the challenger in the chest. Roderick counters and hits a gut buster. Near fall for Roderick Strong on Nigel McGuinness as the crowd has come to life in a big way.

Nigel counters out of nowhere with a lariat into a two count. Nigel is frustrated as he taunts Strong before he picks him up. McGuinness sets Strong up on the top rope, he goes for the Tower of London, but Strong blocks. McGuinness hits another big lariat and gets another very close near fall.

McGuinness hits Tower of London, goes for the cover but Strong gets his foot on the bottom rope. Strong counters with a slingshot powerslam after McGuinness misses on another lariat attempt. Strong gets a two count. Strong hits a backbreaker on McGuinness on the top turnbuckle and follows with a two count. Again out of a backbreaker, Strong nearly captures the ROH title.

Nigel counters again and hits a lariat on Strong who is setup on the top rope. Nigel sets Strong up on the top rope and teases Tower of London to the floor, he doesn’t connect but Strong hit his head pretty hard on the apron. McGuinness immediately rolls Strong back in the ring and gets a two count. Strong just won’t be denied as he somehow hits the Gibson Driver followed by a two count, the fans go crazy!

Strong goes for a Gibson Driver on the top rope but Nigel counters with a lariat. Another two count for Nigel as he hits two more lariats. Nigel goes for Tower of London, he connects. One, two, three and Nigel McGuinness is still the ROH World Heavyweight Champion!

Winner & still ROH World Heavyweight Champion - Nigel McGuinness via pinfall

After the match, Prazak plugs Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness for the title on pay-per-view.

Richard Reacts: This match was the show stealer so far. There is no doubting that Nigel McGuinness is a very strong candidate for wrestler of the year and he showed once again in this bout how talented that he is. Roderick Strong was booked to be the challenger that wouldn’t die and he executed it to perfection. When Strong hit the Gibson Driver, the crowd thought for sure that was it but somehow, Nigel kicked out. I liked the slow, mat wrestling start that led to a very creative and entertaining go-home sequence that had the crowd gasping for air after every spot. It’s matches like this that give me (and other diehard wrestling fans) hope that quality pro wrestling still exists.

Prior to the main event they aired a promotional package for the bout.

Ring Of Honor World Tag Team Championship Match
The Age of The Fall’s Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black (c) vs. Kevin Steen & El Generico

Steen and Generico come out first as Steen says there is no way they are leaving without the belts. Black and Jacobs come out next with the belts. Lenny Leonard teases the health of Jimmy Jacobs after going through a table earlier in the night. Footage is shown of Black and Jacobs capturing the titles at the show in Hartford, CT.

The match starts with all four men going at it in the ring. Generico and Steen clear the ring, sending their opponents to the outside. Jacobs and Black regroup as Jacobs is selling his back from the table spot that he did with Austin Aries. Jacobs and Generico work back and forth before Black tags in. Generico tags in Steen. Black puts Steen in a side headlock in the middle of the ring. Steen reverses it into a wrist lock before connecting with some right hands. Steen finally takes Black to the mat. Generico tags in and stomps away at Black in the corner. Generico connects with a chop to the chest of Tyler Black.

Black exchanges blows with Generico and is jeered by the crowd as Generico receives the opposite response. Generico builds offense as Black tags in Jacobs. Jacobs comes in and Generico and Steen rotate dishing out punishment. Steen hit a somersault leg drop before using Generico as a weapon, splashing him down on Jacobs for a cover. Generico gets distracted with Black on the outside and ends up eating offense from Jacobs as a result. Black is tagged back in against Generico.

Generico frees up from a side headlock and hits a suplex for another cover. Steen is tagged in as he stomps away at Tyler Black. Steen connects a hard boot to the face of Black and gets a quick cover. Steen backs Black into the corner and makes a quick tag to Generico. Scoop slam from Generico onto Black. Generico goes to the top, Jacobs tries to take him out, but he chops himself free. Black catches Generico in mid air as Generico is thrown to the outside.

Jacobs attacks Generico on the outside and rolls him back in the right. Black gets a cover as Steen was going for the save. Black connects with right hands and gets a two count. Black connects on Generico and is able to tag in Jimmy Jacobs. Jacobs covers Generico but he only gets a two count. Jacobs grabs the top of Generico’s mask and delivers body blows to Generico. Steen argues with the official, allowing cheap shots on Generico.

Jacobs makes a tag to Black. Generico tries to tag Steen but Black pulls him away then out of the ring. Jacobs attacks Generico on the outside while the referee is distracted. Black covers Generico for a two count. Jacobs is tagged back in but Generico fights out of a double team with chops. Jacobs trips Generico and starts working him over on the mat. Jacobs double stomps Generico’s chest. Generico is tossed to floor by Jacobs. Black goes to work on him on the outside this time. Black throws him back in, Jacobs covers him for a two count. Jacobs tags in Black. Generico is tossed to the outside but he goes to work on them.

Steen flips over the top rope and wipes out the champs on the outside. Steen powerbombs Jimmy Jacobs on the outside puts Black in the ring and hits his neckbreaker finisher. Steen goes a moonsault but he misses, Jacobs is tagged in. Generico made a save on a near fall from Jacobs. Generico is knocked off the apron as Black and Jacobs double team Steen. Black hits a frog splash off the top rope for a two count.

Black goes back to work on Steen, setting him up on the top rope. Steen fights him off to chants of "Mr. Wrestling" from the crowd. Jacobs climbs on the top turnbuckle to work with Steen. Steen sends him to the mat but Black takes away Steen’s balance and goes for a suplex attempt. Generico clubs away at his back for the save. Generico runs at Black to is kicked. Steen hits the gut buster from the top rope on Black. Swanton from Steen, splash from Generico, Steen only gets a two count and the crowd erupted at the thought of a fall. Steen can’t hit the package piledriver as Black hits God’s Last Gift. Generico breaks up the cover. Black goes to the top rope and misses when Steen moves. Generico sets Black up for the brainbuster off the middle rope. Jacobs takes Generico’s legs out as they setup a double team on Generico. Steen breaks it up with a cannonball. Steen locks Tyler Black in the sharpshooter as the referee checks for submission. Generico clotheslines Jacobs to the outside and flips over the top rope with a dive and connects on the outside. Steen still has the sharpshooter locked on Black. Black is holding on, grimacing in pain.

Jacobs gets in the ring and is able to break up the hold. Steen and Black are down on the inside. Jacobs reaches for tag on the apron. Generico is tagged in. Generico connects on a suplex but Jacobs counters with a submission. Generico is able to pull out of it, he can’t get the brainbuster but Black accidentally clotheslines Jacobs. Steen hits the package piledriver on Jacobs, brainbuster from Generico on Jacobs followed by the cover. Generico pins him for the three count as the crowd erupts.

Winners & new ROH World Tag Team Champions - El Generico & Kevin Steen via pinfall.

They role replays as Dave Prazak plugs the promotion. Kevin Steen is shown in the crowd as Prazak signs off.

Richard Reacts: That was an outstanding match as the work displayed was better than any tag team wrestling that you will ever see in WWE or TNA. The crowd was into ever near-fall, erupting as loud as you can imagine during the close spots. This is real tag team wrestling and one of the best tag team matches that I have seen all year in any promotion. A title change was an excellent touch to cap off yet another great effort from Ring Of Honor on pay-per-view.

Final Thoughts:

Ring Of Honor "Driven" is yet another outstanding effort from the company and its workers. ROH offers so much more bang for your buck than WWE or TNA pay-per-views that buying them should be a no-brainer. The final two matches of the show are two of the best matches that you will see on pay-per-view this year. Driven is a show that you can watch with your friends that are not wrestling fans and you won't have to worry about them getting bored. The amount of realism is unlike any other pro wrestling promotion in the world and it will leave you hungry for more. Check out Driven this Friday available only on pay-per-view!

RIDER

Super VIP
Brock Lesnar Wins UFC Heavyweight Championship
Written by Ryan Gray on Nov 16, 2008 - 12:13:49 AM

Former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar defeated Randy Couture during tonight's UFC 91 to become the new UFC Heavyweight Champion. Lesnar got the win in the second round with a TKO.

Ryan's Take: Lesnar is one helluva a big guy. It's going to take someone really huge to take him out.