Zgemma H2H vs Xtrend ET 9000

Wkrisn

Registered
I am new to the sat scene. I had a dreambox 800hd se, but after four years of usage it sadly died. In search of a new box, I have seen that the sat market has expaned enormously over the past few years.

I am considering two enigma based boxes for bedroom usage in combination with one satellite and 4 LNBs. I narrowed my choice down to these two boxes, which seems to be the best quality for the price boxes availble at the moment:

- Zgemma H2H
- Xtrend ET 9000

Can anyone who uses one (or both) of these boxes share their experience in terms of stability, or perhaps recommend another box in the same price class?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
The Zgemma has more CPU power than the ET9000 but has no internal hdd option. I suspect the build quality on the extrend will be a lot better though. Neither will set the world alight performance wise.

The ET7500 or the VU+ Solo 2 would be better more current options.

Wkrisn

Registered
The Zgemma has more CPU power than the ET9000 but has no internal hdd option. I suspect the build quality on the extrend will be a lot better though. Neither will set the world alight performance wise.

Thanks for this quick answer. I heard good things about vu+ but I've never considered the solo 2. The main reason is because I heard that the zgemma almost has the same interface as my previous dreambox, don't know if this is correct.

The solo2 is a bit more expensive, but how does the cheaper versions like vu+ zero compare to the zgemma h2h.

Last edited:

Wkrisn

Registered

I'm sorry, my previous suggestion (vu+ zero) was not in line of the other receivers. Like I said I'm new to this scene :p

I did some research and came to these three options:

- zgemma h2h
- xtrend et 7500
- mutant hd 1500

This could be an interesting topic for other viewers. Because we have three almost identical receivers. The prices are the same and the cpu are also the same. The only difference is the kernel versions, the zgemma has 4.0.1, the xtrend has 3.14 and the mutant has a more up to date kernel with 4.7.4.

So out of these three almost identical receivers which would be advisable. Or are we comparing the difference between a yellow, green and red apple :p A side note perhaps is that don't need a hd 2.5 connection and I will use openpli (all three support it), so the stock interface doesn't matter.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
For me you have to take a look at what teams officially support all 3 boxes. Then you have an idea on longevity.

keano16

Donating Member
Ferret is right you have to go with what box is going to be best supported and I can tell you now it will not be the mutant. I've had two of them boxes in ther past and now both sat in a cupboard.

I have VU+ boxes here and Dreamboxes and a Zgemma.

It all depends what you want to do but if its just basic watching TV then the zgemma is great. Lets not forget the new model has a faster cpu.

Wkrisn

Registered
Thanks guys, I checked the support status and all three had about the same support. Except for the zgemma, which has about 9 official images supported.

But I chose for the xtrend et 8000. Not the one I planned for. But it was in promotion, for an extra 50 bucks compared with the other three boxes. Worth the money for extra ram and cpu power, I think. It will arrive in a few days, hope it was a good choice.

temywijaya

Registered
May I ask about Zgemma,

Did the box can find channel multicast...

My three of STB box and one of sat finder still cannot pick up new channel with only one Frekuency Channel 9 in satelite intelsat 908 (166e) with the same bandwith old channel can pick but scrambled,
why FTA channel 16APSK not work...