No notification emails

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Is it just me or are we all not receiving email notifications of posts in threads we are subscribed to?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am still not getting any emails notifying me when there is a post in a thread that I am subscribed to.

Is it really just me or is it a problem for everyone?

Please would someone confirm which one is correct? :)

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I am still not getting any emails notifying me when there is a post in a thread that I am subscribed to.

Is it really just me or is it a problem for everyone?

Please would someone confirm which one is correct? :)

Well I can just tell you that atm our emails are sending out fine. There might be problem with your email address though for some reason. Maybe try changing your email address to alternative one.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Strange how this problem coincided with the board being down for several days. Not had this problem before that since first joining this board.

I shall investigate changing my email address.

It's really annoying as I am missing stuff I am interested in and a really busy at work so not much time to wade through it all.

Thanks for the reply... :)

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Changed email address and I am beginning to get email notifications.

So, any idea what could be wrong with my main email address that has been used since day one of being a member?

As I have said above, the problem only started after the board returned from a period of being unavailable.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Changed email address and I am beginning to get email notifications.

So, any idea what could be wrong with my main email address that has been used since day one of being a member?

As I have said above, the problem only started after the board returned from a period of being unavailable.

Well our server configuration changed and so did the way we send emails. Maybe your email provider doesn't like it and flags it as spam or something.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I get my email delivered via googlemail.

There is never anything from this board in my spam folder so if google do see it as spam, they must be deleting any emails sent before it reaches my account. I shall investigate further.

Thanks for the reply. At least I am getting emails again.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Hmmm, just had a thought.

Now, my email is coming direct to googlemail and not through the domain that I lease.

I need to talk to the company that deals with my domain.