Motorised Dish Alignment

btomb

Registered
I can track the arc from 30W to 28E but can not get any sat further east or west. 39E is the only other sat i want.
Does anyone have any ideas if my alignment is wrong? and if so suggestions on how to fix it. I have checked to make sure that the sat is not obstructed with trees and I can receive it if i remove the motor and manually set the dish.
Any help is gratefully appreciated.

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
Are the dish limits set wrongly?

If you say what motor and receiver / image you use, those who have a similar set up will be able to help.

btomb

Registered
I have an amiko shd8900 using ar-p image. The limits are set correctly. it should scan from 45W to 45E. when i select 39E on the receiver the dish moves to almost correct position, with minor manual adjustment of the dish I can receive signal which makes me think it is to do with alignment.

btomb

Registered
I should clarify if i adjust the dish manually outside by changing elevation, lnb skew etc

empb

SU Team: It's All Good (Fausto v1.45/Newcamd/vplug
Staff member
Administrator
are you getting signals from the weaker sats ok 4W, 21.6E, 7W...tweak your alignment (horizonal/vertical) on these sats and check your LNB Skew is correct also. And that there are no Hardware East-West Limits actually set on the motor....

RIDER

"Vanity is definitely my favorite sin"
Super VIP
I have an amiko shd8900 using ar-p image. The limits are set correctly. it should scan from 45W to 45E. when i select 39E on the receiver the dish moves to almost correct position, with minor manual adjustment of the dish I can receive signal which makes me think it is to do with alignment.

http://www.dishpointer.com/:thum:

btomb

Registered
All sorted now the elevation on dish was slightly off. tracking the full arc from 50W to 42E. thanks to everyone for the help.

fergy9271

Registered
I think my motor on dish is stuck on 0.8w cannot get signal is there a reset button on motor I have tmate 5402 and 1.1 dish