Amiko Alien 2 or maybe something else?

manwithdog

Registered
I know I know. Go and read the threads etc. I have done and I'm still unsure what receiver I should go for.

I only recently got into the cardsharing scene and as such I went out and bought a Skybox F5. Well now I have learnt a few things I want to go to the next level. i.e. a receiver with a 'proper' epg, and a twin tuner too. When I say proper epg I mean a 7 day one that shows what's on the Sky/Freesat channels. Maybe with the means to set timer recordings from that epg too? Like the typical official Sky boxes.

I am tempted with the Amiko Alien 2 as from what I read the Enigma 2 software is supposed to be THE one to go for? But there are so many other receivers too with similar specs. For instance the Optibox Spider HD etc.

I am looking to spend around £150 ish. Can anyone offer me any recommendations? Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.
:thum:

For £150 the Amiko is your best choice
But please note the Amiko boxes are not that stable on e2 as it uses an sti chipset
This may change in the future!
You chould save a little more and get a MIPS box like the vu+ range... There are also other cheaper mips options.

Last edited:

LMFAO

Registered
Hi Manwithdog,
What receiver did you finally settle on? I am looking to set up with an 'easy to keep' system that does not need a degree in programming to unlock channels.
Any advice would be more than welcome.

Regards,
LMFAO

[email protected]

Registered
Hi jamie-warez,

I too am looking at this box, is the spark os stable or should I look for a box that will adequately run e2 os?

Thanks in advance.

therob1

Registered
id also be interested to see which box you finally settled on, as i had also been looking at the alien 2, but 150 notes is alot to shell out to find it wasnt quite what you were after, only having to dig deep again...