Dreambox problem..Please reply!

leo015

Registered
Hey guys im new to the dream world and i recently discovered that you can change channel from your PC.Well the problem is that my dreambox provider changed the password of the dreambox and now i cant access it...so any advice on how to get my password? Thanks :nana:

Last edited:

yaad

Registered
welcome .
post in correct section .

if u can access blue panel then download tuxbox plugin from there u can reset root password with it ,

leo015

Registered
Hey :D
Sorry for posting in wrong section but i saw other questions here so i posted.In which section should i post?

Anyway then if i download tuxbox plugin what do i do?

yaad

Registered
root reset

First off, you need to have TuxBox commander. You can download it via the Blue Panel then ADDONS. Just select the Gemini Server and, when it's downloaded the catalogue, select PLUGINS and download Tuxbox Commander.

Once thats installed you can access it through Blue Panel, PLUGINS (Tools).

Fire it up and navigate to var/etc

Select the passwd file. Hit 4 to edit it.

You'll see something like this:

root:$1$$3er43323sBBCAw.ofBbt.:0:0::/:/bin/sh
sshd:*:65532:65534::/:/bin/false
ftp:*:65533:65534::/:/bin/false
nobody:*:65534:65534::/:/bin/false

Your root password will obviously be different to the above. What you need to do is replace the first line with this:

root:$1$$34NPeumc9sBBCAw.oUaM80:0:0::/:/bin/sh

And you have to be *exact*.

That resets the password to "dreambox" (without the quotes - password is now dreambox) and you're good to go.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No mate

Keys are like the keys to your door. They unlock channels though and not a door. The list off what channels the keys open are included on the the first link.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Explain add channels

Do you mean find new channels like scan for them or add new keys for channels?

Ferret

leo015

Registered
for example my dreambox does not have the channel eurosport HD can i add it to my dreambox and watch it?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Yes mate do a manual scan.

Menu-setup-sat config- tuner manual scan.

Youll find any new services found by pressing the bouquets button then green for satellites. Scroll to new folder and it should be there.

Other way would by to download a channel list off the images addon server or send one over manually.

Ferret

leo015

Registered
If i do this will i loose my current channel list or arrangement? And also is there a pictorial guide for this? Thanks Ferret for time and effort :D

----
Also i forgot to say my dreambox is not with a dish..its with internet connection so is this possible?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
No mate

It will just add any missing channels your current list.

If you still dont pick up the channels you seek then transfer a new sattellite.xml to /etc/tuxbox/ in the case of the 800 and try another scan.

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Also i forgot to say my dreambox is not with a dish..its with internet connection so is this possible?

How are you going to receive anything with the 800 connected to a satellite dish :confused:

Is this a typo?

Ferret

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You mentioned Eurosport HD!

Is your visionet a clone of the dm800?

What image are you running?

Ferret