help

Peterjr

Registered
hi i need some help. I have a DM500. I was up to now using Dreamboxtools.V4.0...My dreambox keeps freezing and after excluding possibilities such as internet connection from either side of card sharing i have come to conclusion it is my dreamboxs problem so i thought id change my image. I am trying now to use dreambox edit and the flash wizard to save my bouquets and to install the image, but they both stop responding after i try to do a task. Can someone either tell another simple way to install an image apart from flash wizard, or maybe even show me where to get the latest version of dreambox tools?
Also dcc gets stuck through dreambox tools but an older version dcc i have works fine....so it may well be that it's the total dreambox tool pack that has a problem??

Peterjr

Registered
ok downloaded another version of dreambox edit an that gets stuck whenever i try to ftp as well...im thinking i got a prob with my dreambox...how can i change image without ftp? or maybe should i change my enigma?

Naax

Registered
ok Guys i wanna change the password!
But once i get to the Tuxbox manager! I cant turn to edit mode!
I press the 4 but nothing happened! I mean i've tried all the buttons but no way! It's not changing!
(
Help )

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
hi i need some help. I have a DM500. I was up to now using Dreamboxtools.V4.0...My dreambox keeps freezing and after excluding possibilities such as internet connection from either side of card sharing i have come to conclusion it is my dreamboxs problem so i thought id change my image. I am trying now to use dreambox edit and the flash wizard to save my bouquets and to install the image, but they both stop responding after i try to do a task. Can someone either tell another simple way to install an image apart from flash wizard, or maybe even show me where to get the latest version of dreambox tools?
Also dcc gets stuck through dreambox tools but an older version dcc i have works fine....so it may well be that it's the total dreambox tool pack that has a problem??

Use Dreamup mate

this guide

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=132626

Ferret

Naax

Registered
Yeah Ferret!
But the thing is i cant connect by telnet to the device! By DCC! That's why i am trying to change the password in TuxBox!
The thing that i am in but i cant delete the characters!
Can you plz help?

Peterjr

Registered
ok i used flash wiz...and in the middle of the uploading....it said socket error and stopped...now i have no image at all....and whenever i try to upload an image it gets the socket error and loses connection with my DB ...i just got a black screen now and footie on tommorrow :(

thomaz

Registered
That sounds like you have a bad wileless conncetion move dreambox and router and pc/lappy closer to each other and try if that will not work
dreamup is the only other way and you will need a null
moden cable to do that