HELP! Astra 3B not shown in my menu

urs500

Registered
Hi all,

I am a dreambox user, but don't really know a lot. I did google and search my problem for 4 days now without results, so humble apologies, this is just another dummy not knowing what to do.

I run a Dreambox 7020 for a few years now, with 4 satellites. Astra 13, 19 and 28 and hotbird 16.

Now, our favorite program has changed from 16E Hotbird to ASTRA 3B at 23°.

So I took out my ladder, unscrewed the LNB for 16E and squeezed it in between the 28 and 19 position. went back to the dreambox and went to the satellite configuration. There looked for Astra 23° and selected it. Ran a search on this satellite and hooray, had 19 tv stations... but not the one I am looking for.

Started googling. After 2 days, found out that the sat I want is Astra 3B. But my dreambox does not show this satellite!!!!!!!:mecry:

So back to google. No results on "how to configure Astra 3B on dreambox" or any other search requests. Called "pals" who "know" but they don't either. One said, I have to send in my Dreambox to have a new bios loaded and other crap. One said, go to the sat configuration and press yellow button, a menu comes up and I can search for new sats. Well, it does not, the menu. :mecry::mecry::mecry:

So before I run out to buy a new sat receiver, can you guys help me?

*The program I desperately require is BNT World, which is according to them only available on this blasted 3D sat which I can't find.

Many thanks!!!!

Best regards

Urs
Switzerland.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Astra 3b is at 23.5°E well you know this

To get this to show on your box you need to add a new satellite.xml that has that position. Send the satellite.xml to var/etc

You can add a new sat position like this.

1. Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Satellite Configuration.

2. On this screen press the yellow button for new a few times it will add any new sat on the new satellite.xml.

3. You'll now see a highlighted slot in orange press OK and scroll to the new sat position you require say 15.8e , press OK on 15.8e and then the green button to save.

4. No do a soft reboot.

After the reboot you can scan your new sat like this.

5. Menu-Setup-Service Searching-Manual Transponder Scan.