Patching & Tuner Senstivity

amdaley

Registered
Hi Everyone.

Have a question that someone may know the answer to.

Does patching a TM receiver make the tuner any less sensitive that using standard software ?

The reason I ask is because I have a 7102HD & like feed hunting.
I wouldn't like to patch if I thought it made the tuner any less sensitive for feed hunting.
Perhaps I would be better off getting a 5014HD or something else, use that for feed hunting & keep the 7102HD for general viewing ?

Like many I am also a member on other forums so don't be surprised if you see this question elsewhere.

Tony.

TomoM

Registered
Hi,

have you managed to find this out at last? I am considering purchase of 5402 M3 and was wondering how it works with weak signal TPs...

Serafeim

Registered
5402m3 and f3/5 have problems with dvb-s2 8psk channels with symbol rate < 10000. They have fast blind scan though. 7102 is perfect for general viewing having better picture quality as well.

TomoM

Registered
5402m3 and f3/5 have problems with dvb-s2 8psk channels with symbol rate < 10000. They have fast blind scan though. 7102 is perfect for general viewing having better picture quality as well.

Thanks for the reply

And how does it cope with high SR? I need it mainly for BBC on 27,5W which is on 44100

Another thing I need is good support of CI module. Any info about this? To be precise I need to run polish platform Polsat Cyfrowy module on it, but I guess no one here uses it :) So let me know please if someone knows how it generally looks with this tuners abilities in terms of CI.

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
TM5402 M3 HD CI SUPER

And how does it cope with high SR? I need it mainly for BBC on 27,5W which is on 44100
Works totally Flawless no issues whatsoever :D

Another thing I need is good support of CI module. Any info about this? To be precise I need to run polish platform Polsat Cyfrowy module on it
Nagra CI Module Polsat nagra card work just fine with no issues .
Also NC+ polish card will work direct in card slot again no issues : )

only with very low SR TM5402 M3 may struggle a little
but no such problems with High SR's found .
Fast Blind scan and tuner sensitivity is the same patched or not , im using latest patch 146p Aug 22 2016
Thanks and respect @ manic01 and Mr.Phantom for another very successfull patch software :D

=> http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=2036696424&postcount=44

hopefully that answers your question/s ?

TomoM

Registered
My 5402 just arrived. Got it unpacked, installed latest patch. Signal on 11495 V 44100 is above 8dB, but when I scan the TP still no lock...

Should the signal be sufficient?

Shall I install all previous patches one by one, or perhaps there are some "service packs" :) ?

Just briefly checked the menu didnt see any EMU or anything, where do I manage the keys there?

Thanks in advance for the response! :)

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
for keys press menu go down to system info then across to CAS Menu

for entering BISS keys by the remote press 8280 on the remote

for cams press 8281 then 0000 default to get to menu

Gammal Gubbe

Registered
My 5402 just arrived. Got it unpacked, installed latest patch. Signal on 11495 V 44100 is above 8dB, but when I scan the TP still no lock...

Should the signal be sufficient?

Shall I install all previous patches one by one, or perhaps there are some "service packs" :) ?

Just briefly checked the menu didnt see any EMU or anything, where do I manage the keys there?

Thanks in advance for the response! :)

Not sure where you are located but generally speaking the satellite is quite strong in central Europe. If you are within the footprint and still get low signal then check dish alignment.

The high SR is no problem for the receiver. You can't scan in all the channels at 27.5W though, you have to add them manually one by one. Like this: http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=939308&postcount=63

You can flash latest patch, no need to flash the older ones. I don't think patch affects tuner sensitivity.

Last edited:

TomoM

Registered
Thanks for all the tips!

I am receiving BBC from 27,5W on cryptobox. Just wasnt sure coz i dont get any "lock" if this maybe Technomate is more sensitive. Apparently there is a need to upload a ready list will all PIDs SIDs etc, which I already got from someone. Will test it in the evening. Cheers :)

Last edited: