Vu+Duo2 booting stuck+++help!!!

bmilan

Banned
Is anybody who knows to help?
During update with USB stand still for "reading USB" for about an hour and a half. After reboot it does not boot, lights just white LED. I tried USB flash again, but the box does not respond (didn´t offer update). Is there any possibility to try it via RS232 and VU + utill? Does anyone have experience?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
You would need to find a nfi version of the image to flash via the VU Util and nfi version no longer exists.

Id maybe try another USB stick before panicking

bmilan

Banned
But VU+Util 2.01 hasn´t possibility to choose VU+Duo2 (only DUO. Can you help me how can I get nfi version???
And I tried different USB sticks, but no luck!

aliraza63

Registered
But VU+Util 2.01 hasn´t possibility to choose VU+Duo2 (only DUO. Can you help me how can I get nfi version???
And I tried different USB sticks, but no luck!

first of all check there is no any other hdd or usb stick connected thentest your serial port first if it's working you can use vuutil. use hyper terminal and null modem cable
switch off the box, plug in with pc then turn it on
and check if box is talking to you on pc screen

Last edited:

bmilan

Banned
Of course there is no hdd or usb connected. But I have Duo2...won't be there any problem if I choose Duo instead of Duo2?

daxv8

Registered
Please do not be so condescending in your comments. Duo2 and Duo use different processors so your software has to be Duo2 .

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Looks to me like youll need to return it to your supplier.

bmilan

Banned
Probably you don´t understand my question... I know which software is required for DUO2. In VU + Util 2.0.1 is the multiple choice "Machine" ... is not an option for DUO2! In this case can I choose Duo?? That is my question (I hope this becomes clear), pls see picture.!

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
I understand perfectly there is no software capable of using the serial port on your duo2.

No you can not choose duo it wont work.

malik73

Registered
hi to all

the same problem with the famous white light

after installing the latest bootloader Duo2_CFE_V2 and the last image of BH

he does not want to start it stops on the white light only no boot detect.
the fan does not work
it does not detect any USB device so that I can flash
(I tried 4 different types of USB .. with different version of images .. and also different Original Version .. nothing is happening with duo2 .. just the white light present)

http://youtu.be/L2Pfy0oRf5w

Now I'm sure this is a hardware fault

unfortunately it has no support solution with rs232
shame vu +

according to my research on this subject, this is the case of many people.
what breaks me is the cost we pay for a failed technology.

vu + do not believe it too just false advertising, I should choose the last competitor reliable and stable ..

the video is not mine (another victim)
but this is my scenario too. :mad:

Last edited:

Jimdefruit

Registered
May be a silly question, but are you pressing the button by the front usb stick to enable new image installation?

malik73

Registered
Now it works with the original image

he started himself; after almost 3 hours waiting

may be the problem is in:

the new bootloader
or the various new images
or a default constructor

:dance2:

I hope it works for you

bigapple

Registered
this is why it will always will do

if You fook something always go for original image not open bh or vti

+

put receiver into UPS [fideltronik as example] very small voltage jump can change alot.

+ update drivers for DUo2 now :)

loengnoktha

Registered
this is why it will always will do

if You fook something always go for original image not open bh or vti

+

put receiver into UPS [fideltronik as example] very small voltage jump can change alot.

+ update drivers for DUo2 now :)
My Vu+Duo2 has same problem. I read all post but nobody can solve it Now send back to suplier

Jimdefruit

Registered
I had a similar problem a couple of days agao. I decided to try a different image and did a new usb flash. On reboot, it stopped at 66% start and then locked up. I tried several images including the original VU but all locked up. Eventually I unplugged the LAN cable flashed a new image, rebooted and it all started ok, plugged the LAN cable back in and now I am a 'Happy Camper' again.

bigapple

Registered
i remember they said plug of all cables and usb

only bootable USB @ front

after this u can put back all stuff again