WWE News

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Smackdown/ECW House Show Results (09/26/08) - Innsbruck, Austria

The show starts with Justin Roberts announcing the first match:

* Jimmy Wang Yang b. The Brian Kedirck
-A good match to kick off the show. These two worked well together. The crowd was into it and Kendrick draw some heat.

* Jesse & Festus b. Zack Ryder & Curt Hawkins
- Little heat for Ryder & Hawkins. Festus started but tagged Jesse in rather early. Jesse worked then the whole match which he did really well. He showed a fast and skilled wrestling style. After the match Festus walked out seeming to have some problems with his right knee. Hopefully he's not injured.

* Jeff Hardy b. Vladamir Kozlov via disqualification
- Kozlov drew a little heat by pointing out once again that he has no challenge and will be fighting himself until - Jeff Hardy comes out. The crowd came back to life as the two got it on. This one was a real power game and Kozlov shows a great performance. As Hardy was on his way to make a comeback in the match Kozlov hit him with a steel chair and got disqualified. Nevertheless the match continued with some Whispers in the wind and a final Swanton Bomb.

* WWE Diva's Champion Michelle McCool b. Maryse
- This match turned down the crowd a little bit although the two divas did everything to get the match in gear.

* Finlay w. Hornswoggle b. Jack Swagger
- A lot of Hornswoggle-chants and the leprechaun-reign at the end of the match with a bunch of little fans in the ring. The match itself went back and forth, Swagger sold it well and got super-soked by Hornswoggle. Ref distraction - shillelagh meets bone.

* WWE United States Champion Shelton Benjamin b. R-Truth
- R-Truth tried to get some pops by greeting "Australia" in his entrance sequence. To bad the show was taking place in AUSTRIA ;-).There were good moments in the match with athleticism and speed from both of the competitors but it was too long. Benjamin tried to get some heat during the match which he mainly did by taking a lot of breaks.

* ECW Champion Matt Hardy b. Mark Henry to retain in a no DQ match
- The first time on this evening that the crowd gets fired up big time as Hardy entered! He got in touch with the fans and it took about 5 minutes before the match started.These two did a solid performace and one could see how professional both of them are. They used chairs, the stairs and a ladder, which made the crowd go bananas. Finaly, Justin Roberts announced the main event for the evening:

* WWE Champion Triple H & Undertaker b. Big Show & MVP
- This entrance sequence was awesome! I thought Hunter got the biggest pops but when Taker entered the crowd blew the top off. This was the best part of the match. Hunter and Taker brought it on to MVP and Big Show showing a lot of their signature moves. At the end of the match Taker got choke slammed by Big Show. Instead of pinning him Big Show left in a hurry seeming to be very afraid. The undertaker followed him as Triple H delivered an AA Spinebuster to MVP, followed by a pedigree to get the win. After the match Triple H conducts crowd chants and hung out with the fans a little while.

Biggest Pops:
Undertaker
Triple H
Matt Hardy

Most Heat:
Mark Henry
Vladimir Kozlov
Divas

sky star 2

Super VIP
Updates On Former WWE & TNA Talent

Robbie McAllister from The Highlanders will be appearing at the Pro Wrestling Xtreme events in St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada on Saturday, November 8th, 2008 and Tillsonburg, Ontario, Canada on Sunday, November 9th, 2008. Go to http://www.prowrestlingxtreme.com for info about PWX.

Rain (aka Payton Banks) will be appearing at the Purely Obsessed Wrestling World event in Fox Lake, Illinois on October 4th, 2008. Go to http://powwentertainment.com for info about the POWW and http://prowrestlingevents.tk for info about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Overnight SmackDown Rating Is In

According to data compiled by Nielson Media Research Friday's edition of WWE SmackDown drew a 2.4 overnight rating. The CW Network was the only broadcast network that didn't carry the Presidential Debate and this is SmackDown's last week on the network. We will have the final number next week.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Confirmed For Tonight's WWE Raw In Minneapolis, MN

Tonight's WWE Monday Night Raw will be live from the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. This is the first time Raw has been in Minnesota in nearly three years.

As of this writing, no matches have been announced for the show but tickets in the upper levels still remain available. Batista, Chris Jericho, Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and JBL are being advertised locally as appearing.

If you are attending tonight's event and would be interested in sending us text-message updates please email me your name and mobile number to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Updated Card For This Sunday's WWE No Mercy

Following last week's television tapings, here is the updated card for this Sunday's WWE No Mercy pay-per-view:

WWE Championship Match
- Triple H (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

WWE Women's Championship Match
- Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Candice Michelle

World Heavyweight Championship No. 1 Contender Match
- Batista vs. JBL

World Heavyweight Championship Ladder Match
- Chris Jericho (c) vs. Shawn Michaels

ECW Championship Match
- Matt Hardy (c) vs. Mark Henry

The Undertaker vs. Big Show

Rey Mysterio vs. Kane

Be sure to join us here on the site this Sunday at 8:00 p.m. ET as we will be providing free play-by-play coverage of the event and Richard will also be including his expert opinion as the event unfolds.

sky star 2

Super VIP
WWE Making Two Major Television Changes This Week; Full Details

WWE will be making two major television changes this week:

- ECW will be moving timeslots starting this Tuesday. The show will move back an hour from 10:00 p.m. ET/ 9:00 p.m. CT to 9:00 p.m. ET/ 8:00 p.m. CT. The time change is all part of WWE trying to keep a TVPG rating.

- SmackDown will be moving networks this week to MyNetworkTV. WWE will kick off their relationship with the network on Thursday at 8:00 p.m. ET when they air a one-hour special featuring clips from WrestleMania XXIV. According to the official WWE website, they will show the clips from the Floyd Mayweather/Big Show match, The Undertaker continuing his winning streak, and Ric Flair's farewell to professional wrestling.

SmackDown will then debut on the network Friday at 8:00 p.m. ET. The below matches have been confirmed for the show:

Triple Threat Match:
- WWE Champion Triple H vs. World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho vs. ECW Champion Matt Hardy

- United States Champion Shelton Benjamin vs. Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella

All-Star Eight-Man Tag Team Match
- Kane, JBL, MVP & The Brian Kendrick vs. Rey Mysterio, Finlay, Batista & Jeff Hardy

- Divas Champion Michelle McCool vs. Women's Champion Beth Phoenix

- WWE Tag Team Champions Primo & Carlito vs. World Tag Team Champions Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase

Ryan's Take: This really sucks. My cable provider, Suddenlink Cable, doesn't get MyNetworkTV. So I guess no more SmackDown for me until further notice. Hopefully they will get a lot of complaints and begin carrying the show.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Jim Ross Confirms Him & Tazz For This Week's SmackDown, Todd Grisham Update, MyNetworkTV

Jim Ross has posted a new blog on his official website. Below are highlights:

- From what I hear the WWE is pulling out all the stops for the premier of Friday Night Smackdown on MyNetworkTV that will be taped this Tuesday in Green Bay. From what I hear, Tazz and yours truly will be handling the entire broadcast which always seemed to be to be a no brainer to me considering that we are the regular hosts on Friday Night Smackdown last time I looked. The WWE fans in the Green Bay area are apparently in a for a big night this Tuesday.

- The WWE event in Paris, France Saturday night scored big at the box office selling out the venue and grossing over $1.1M in ticket sales.

- It will be good to see Todd Grisham back at his post on ECW this week. Todd had a horribly challenging week last week and our thoughts and prayers have been with Todd and his family through the ordeal.

You can read the full blog post at w w w.jrsbarbq. c om/blog/new-qas-answerednew-rulesnice-night-be-a-sooner

sky star 2

Super VIP
TNA House Show Results (09/28/08) - Lakeland, Florida

WNW reader Thomas Bradley sent in the following report:

Note: Arena probably had about 300-400 people in attendance at most.

1.) X-Division Three-Way Dance: "Maple Leaf Muscle" Petey Williams vs. Consequences Creed vs. "The Guru" Sonjay Dutt w/So Cal Val
WINNER: Petey Williams pinned Sonjay Dutt.

2.) TNA Knockout Champion Taylor Wilde vs. Awesome Kong (Special Referee: Ms. Traci Brooks)
WINNER: Taylor Wilde pinned Awesome Kong to retain Knockouts Championship.

3.) TNA X-Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles (Non-title match)
WINNER: AJ Styles pinned Sheik Abdul Bashir.

4.) "Cute" Kip James vs. "The Instant Classic" Christian Cage
WINNER: Christian Cage pinned Kip James.

INTERMISSION FOR 15 MINUTES!!!

5.) TNA Tag Team Champions Beer Money, Inc. w/ Jackie Moote vs. Motor City Machine Guns (Tag Team Title Match)
WINNERS: Beer Money, Inc. (Retain Tag Team Championships) After match, Robert Roode confronted referee Shane Sewell pushing him and knocking him down until Sewell got mad and attacked Roode with punches and clotheslines until Senior Referee Earl Hebner came in the ring and calmed Sewell down.

6.) TNA World Champion Samoa Joe vs. Booker T (World Title Match)
WINNER: Samoa Joe makes Booker T quickly tapout via submission chokehold. (Retains World Title)

Overall. an entertaining show to say the least. After show, Jeremy Borash invited everyone ringside for autographs with the superstars and for $20 you could get into the ring to have your Polaroid picture taken with Booker T.

sky star 2

Super VIP

Mick Foley Talks About His First Live TNA TV Appearance Tonight, Reiterates Unhappiness In WWE

Mick Foley posted the following blog on his MySpace page last night:

"Well, this is the big week- my first live appearance at the Impact Zone. It has been two months since I made up my mind to leave WWE and just about a month since I signed with TNA. I really thought I might experience doubts or reservations about making such a big move, but instead have felt nothing but relief over leaving a job I wasn't particulary enjoying, and excitement about having a chance to really make a difference.

I'll be leaving for the airport in just a little while, but will make sure to past again soon, as I will have much to write about- including a great trip I went on with the vice-chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, to visit victims of severe burn injuries at the Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

I'll also offer an update on upcoming personal appearences and plans to auction off some cool memorabilia- things like the original Cactus Jack boots and tights from 1985, and the original Dude Love boots and tights from 1997. One of the newest appearences will be November 1st. I will be signing autographs from 11-2 @ Collectors Showcase of America Show (CSA) in Chantilly, Virginia...For more info or mail order call Dave @ Boogeyman Collectibles 828-277-7586 or [email protected]. Show website: http://www.csashows.com/index.htm

I just hope I'm on last on Thursday, as I'm not sure that even something as historical as the Mick Foley TNA can compete, ratings wise, with a potential Sarah Palin train wreck at the vice-presidential debate.

I'll see you at the IMPACT ZONE!

P.S.- I was really sad to hear of Paul Newman's death. I was fortunate enough to be able to volunteer at his "Hole in the Wall Gang" camp many times from 2001-2005, and although I never had the chance to meet him, it was impossible to walk around that beautiful place and not be touched by his kindness."

TNA will tape this week's edition of Impact tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Kurt Angle On His TNA Contract Expiring - Future Plans, A WWE Return?, HHH/Michaels/McMahon, More

The Daily Star out of the United Kingdom has a new interview now online with Kurt Angle. The interview is particularly interesting as Angle addresses his contract with TNA Wrestling which expires next year. Below are some of the notable quotes from the interview:

What Angle plans to do when his contract expires: "When my contract comes up I'm going to be doing some MMA, so there it is straight up. At present I am leaning toward TNA, but I will choose whatever company is in my best interests."

What will affect his decision: "My decision will rely on how I feel about the company, and I feel pretty good right now about TNA. It comes down to where I feel I am able to fill the greater purpose. Right now TNA is the better way to go, I like being the top guy here and helping them grow."

If he would return to WWE: "If I did go back, which is a very slim chance, my schedule would be a lot less. I just can't do it, I've wrestled twenty two years in amateur wrestling and eight as a pro. It just won't happen."

Regarding Shawn Michaels & Triple H: "My anger has passed. I don't blame Shawn or Triple H for what I went through. When it was time for me to get help, instead of shouting out I kept my mouth shut., Trip and HBK are two of the best wrestlers who ever lived. I harbour no animosity towards them. McMahon is a billionaire who wishes he had a gold medal in the Olympics. I may not have the money, but I am a valuable commodity. He knows, and I know."

On Vince McMahon: "He is the smartest, most intelligent, and most successful promoter of all time. Him and I have had our ins and outs, and it's almost come to blows, but Vince and I have a mutual respect for each other. I know how good he he is at what he does, and he knows how good I am. No-one can break that bond, not Jeff Jarrett, not Dixie Carter. It's like a father-son bond."

His match against AJ Styles at Hard Justice: "We had a match at Hard Justice - I wanted to have a straight up match, one on one, but at the very last second they came to us and told us that it would be last man standing. Then they changed the rules - we had to pin each other, then after that he has ten seconds to get up, and it was all starting to get too complex."

Richard Reacts: Is this is the same Kurt Angle that bashed Hunter, Michaels, Vince McMahon, and WWE every chance that he got? In one part of the interview Angle even admits if there were no WWE there would be no TNA (which obviously is a fact, but still interesting to see him say that). Angle has been one of the most vocal anti-WWE people in the business but with his contract coming up it seems like he's backing down from several comments that he has made. I know Angle swears he's going to do MMA, but I'm still not buying it. I think Angle will wrestle for as long as his body will allow (which may not be much longer) and will retire. I do not see Angle, at this stage in his career, being able to compete at a high level in the MMA world. Nonetheless this is a very interesting interview that I recommend everyone read.

sky star 2

Super VIP
TNA Impact Video Game Sales Figures

Below are the latest TNA Impact video game sales figures courtesy of VGChartz.com. The following data is based on total sales figures with United States and international figures combined for simplicity. Obviously the numbers are organized by game system.

Xbox 360:

Week 1: 36,510
Week 2: 26,014

PlayStation 3:

Week 1: 28,789
Week 2: 23,665

Nintendo Wii:

Week 1: 7,192

PlayStation 2:

Week 1: 26,350
Week 2: 27,490

sky star 2

Super VIP
Details On The US Release Date For Bret Hart's Book, Upcoming Hitman Appearances

Bret Hart's "Hitman: My Real Life In The Cartoon World Of Wrestling" autobiography will be released in the United States on October 9th. As part of the release Bret Hart is scheduled for several book signings throughout the country over the next couple of months. w w w.brethart . com/appearances for information on all of them.

Thanks to WNW reader Dave Laiosa for help with this story.

Richard Reacts: Most diehard wrestling fans reading this probably ordered the book off the Internet last year and have already read it. If you haven't read it - what are you waiting for? The book is not only the best wrestling publication ever written but it's one of the best books that I have ever read (being a journalist, I read plenty). If you want to know the inner workings of the pro wrestling business, you will definitely want to read this book.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Confirmed For Tonight's Impact Taping, Raven's Movie, 12 Rounds Release Date

- As noted earlier, TNA Wrestling will tape this week's edition of Impact tonight from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. Here is what has been confirmed for the taping: Mick Foley will appear live, AJ Styles, Christian Cage, & Jay Lethal vs. Booker T & Team 3D, The Motor City Machineguns vs. LAX in a qualifying match for the Monster's Ball Tag Team match at Bound For Glory, X-Division Champion Sheik Abdul Bashir vs. Eric Young vs. Jimmy Rave in a three-way match for the title, and ODB vs. Angelina Love. We will have full taping results on WrestlingNewsWorld.com later tonight.

- WNW reader Andrew sent word that a trailer for Scott "Raven" Levy's movie Sleeper has been added to the official website for the film. The official website is located at Sleeper-Film.com.

- According tothis listing ( htt p:/ / w ww.imdb . com/title/tt1160368 ) on IMDB.com, 12 Rounds starring John Cena will be released in theaters on March 13, 2009. The film will be the first theatrical release by WWE Studios since The Condemned starring Steve Austin back in 2007.

sky star 2

Super VIP
This Week's WWE Superstar Appearances, SmackDown Block Party, Overseas Pictures

- There will be several WWE appearances this week to help promote SmackDown's move to MyNetworkTV. Maria will be at the My13 area at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Thursday from 2 PM to 4 PM. Jeff Hardy will be at the Westfield Montgomery Mall in Bethesda, Maryland on Thursday from 2 PM to 4 PM.

- WWE is also holding a Block Party in New York City on Friday from 6 AM to 10 AM. It will be held at 1211 Avenue of Americas between 47th and 48th street and will feature appearances from Jeff Hardy, Zack Ryder, and Curt Hawkins.

sky star 2

Super VIP
ROH News & Notes - New Horizons Replay Times, Two Shows Postponed, Pearce Finished, More

- FIP Champion Go Shiozaki will defend his title against Austin Aries at the 10/24 ROH show in Danbury, CT. Also signed for the show is Jimmy Jacobs vs. The Necro Butcher as well as the first ever Iron Team Match.

- ROH "New Horizons" is now running on cable and satellite systems around the country. You can check out replay times for your cable system at this link( ht tp://w ww.indeman d. com/product/view/92089. If you have DISH Network, the show will be available on their All Day Ticket today, tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday.

- The 10/10 and 10/11 ROH shows in Florida have been postponed. Make-up dates will be announced soon and all tickets will be honored for the new dates.

- NWA Champion Adam Pearce is finished with ROH Wrestling at this point. The storyline that Ring Of Honor is doing is that Larry Sweeney announced on his official voicemail that he is pulling Pearce and the title out of ROH.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Four Matches Confirmed For Tonight's Raw

WWE has announced the following for tonight's edition of Raw:

- World Champion Chris Jericho & Lance Cade vs. Shawn Michaels & A Mystery Partner

- WWE Women's Champion Beth Phoenix & Jillian Hall vs. Candice Michelle & Kelly Kelly

- Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, Evan Bourne, & Kofi Kingston vs. Kane, Manu, & World Tag Team Champions Ted DiBiase & Cody Rhodes

- The Miz vs. JTG

sky star 2

Super VIP
ROH New Horizons PPV Report

The opens with The ROH World Tag Team Champions, The Age of the Fall, Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black, in the ring. Jacobs is sporting a mohawk and still has that pink/red streak of longer hair in the front. Interesting look. The tag champs say that since they have the belts, they have power. And they're going to use that power by not defending the tag titles on PPV for the first time in ROH PPV history (all the way back 14 whole months). Jacobs says there is no competition since they took Mark Briscoe out and El Generico is no where to be found.

The Briscoes come running out and clear the ring of Jacobs and Black who back off to the ramp. They say they want a shot at titles right now. Jacobs and Black tease they'll accept but quickly back off. Austin Aries comes out and jumps The Age of the Fall and chases them off.

Dave Prazak after swearing he'd never go blonde again, enters the ring with a newly dyed head (c'mon Dave...I love ya, but seriously...just grow it back normal!) to ask the Briscoes why they're here since Mark is supposed to be injured still. The speak some slower Delaware English and say they're back and ready. Prazak informs them that there are opponents standing by (for a team that isn't supposed to be on the show?) but first, let's go to the PPV opening video.

-The opening video airs.

1. Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. Silas Young and Mitch Franklin- A total squash to allow the Briscoes to do all their high impact offense. I guess this was a tag match, though you'd never know because no one ever got out of the ring nor did the ref ask them too (more on that at the end of the report). The Briscoes finish off the former WWE Developmental guy (Young...I still don't know why they ditched him) and the UWC United States Champion (Franklin...cheap plug) hitting the springboard doomsday device on Franklin for the pin.

Result- Briscoes via pin fall

-A video of the Briscoes in some wooded area shooting guns and drinking beer airs. Classy.

2. Four Corner Survival: Delirious vs. Shane Hagadorn vs. Ruckus vs. Erick Stevens- A total spot fest of a match, none of it really standing out. Hagadorn played the chicken shit heel who tagged in when there was someone down and tagged out when they got up. The match broke down while Hagadorn and Stevens were the legal men, and the ref wouldn't allow a pin at one point because Ruckus (trying to pin Hagadorn) wasn't legal. However, a minute or so later, Delirious is getting near falls on Stevens. Seriously, ROH needs to get a handle on their "rules" if this is really supposed to be a more "pure" presentation of the "sport" of wrestling. Finish came after Ruckus "dropped the bomb" (at least that's what 2 Cold called it; moonsault leg drop) on Delirious (both not legal) for a 2 count. Hagadorn hit a tear drop belly to back suplex on Ruckus, but was then posing and Stevens hit him with a clothesline followed by the Doctor Bomb for the pin.

Result- Erick Stevens via pin fall (over Shane Hagadorn)

-Austin Aries is out and is calling out Jimmy Jacobs. While Aries talks, they show a few clips (all way to short and not in any context) of the history of his feud with Jacobs. Aries says that this is a "blood feud" and goes beyond just wanting to beat each other up or win matches. Jacobs comes out from the entrance way, but Tyler Black tries to come from behind and attack Aries. Aries fights him off but is then attacked by the SHIMMER Champion, MsChif, who is the newest member of the Age of the Fall. Jacobs comes down to the ring and takes a metal hook and hits Aries with it. Jacobs then (almost) literally fish hooks Aries with it. Referees and wrestlers come out to tend to Aries who is taken to the back (MsChif disappears) and then Kevin Steen comes out to the ramp.

Steen says he deserves a shot because he and Generico have put on great matches on ROH PPV, but Jacobs says he still needs to prove he's worth. Steen says he'll take them both on if he has to, but is then jumped by Necro Butcher from behind and Prazak tells us that "Artie" in his ear piece of telling him this is an official No DQ match.

3. No DQ Match: Necro Butcher vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen- They start by brawling around ringside. Steen uses the ring bell on Necro. Steen hits on running powerslam up the aisle on the metal ramp on Necro. Steen takes the match back into the ring but Necro gets the advantage throwing a bunch of punches to Steen's head. Back to the outside Steen tossed Necro off the apron on to a chair set up on the floor. Steen hits a frog splash off the apron to the floor and throws Necro back in the ring. Steen goes for the swanton off the top but Necro gets his knees up. More chairs as Necro bulldogs Steen onto. Necro sets up a metal chair in the ring looking for the tiger driver on to it, but Steen blocks and hits a Michinoku Diver dropping Necro head and neck first on to the seat of the chair. Necro kicks out at 2, so Steen picks him back up and hits the package pile driver on the chair and this time gets the pin.

Result- Kevin Steen via pin fall

-A promo with Adam Pearce airs. He references throwing a fireball at Brent Alright and says not being on the PPV is his penance. He says that's okay because he's not about the money, he's about making a mark...or a burn. Decent promo by Pearce that just doesn't mesh with the way ROH PPVs are booked and edited.

4. Go Shiozaki and Chris Hero (w/ Sweet and Sour Inc.) vs. Roderick Strong and Naomichi Marufuji- Before the match, Larry Sweeney offers Marufuji a spot in S&S Inc, but gets a middle finger instead. This was the first part of the show I enjoyed. All four of these guys are real good. Go and Strong are just such hard hitters. They're 3 way with Erick Stevens at "A New Level" was really fun. Marufuji is just solid all around and Hero, while I still don't know how I feel about his current incarnation as "That Young Knockout Kid," generates good heat and does things a guy is size just shouldn't be able to. After getting the fingers from Marufuji, Sweeney says he and S&S Inc are leaving, but Lance Storm comes outs and says he's going to make sure they stay and that Sweeney doesn't get involved. Early on, Strong and Go exchange stiff chops. Nigel McGuiness then comes in on commentary for a few moments to say his match is next. Hero comes in but Strong cuts him off with a chop allowing Marufuji to tag in. Hero quickly gets back on the advantage and hot shots Marufuji on the top rope before tagging Shiozaki back in. The two Noah athletes then go at it for a bit which Marufuji gets the better. Strong comes in and places Go on his knee while Marufuji gets a running start back and forth across the ring a few times before nailing go in the head with a kick. Strong is in and gets sent to the outside where Hero gets a few shots in before tossing him back in the ring. Hero tags in and tosses Strong back to the floor for S&S Inc to do some damage, but Lance Storms is there to prevent that for happening. Go and Roddy go back at it with more stiff chops. Hero and Go tag a time or two until Roddy finally makes the tag to Marufuji. Marufuji comes in with some fast paced offense, taking out both Go and Hero. He tried to get the shiranui a few times on Shiozaki, but was turned away each time. Hero tagged in, Marufuji went for the shiranui on Hero and didn't get it, but it led to a few cool quick roll ups and moves until Hero caught him with a big boot. Strong came in to break things up and he and Marufuji hit a combo double knee gut buster/code-breaker move but Go broke up the pin. Roddy was pitched out by Go and Hero was left in the ring with Marufuji. Strong would make it to the apron and make a blind tag while Hero set up and hit Marufuji with the roaring elbow. Strong quickly came in with his flying big boot followed by a variation of the half nelson back breaker for the pin.

Result- Strong/Marufuji via pin fall (Strong on Hero)

After the match S&S Inc went after Strong. Lance Storm made the save putting Sweeney in the Canadian Crab, but Hero put an end to it. Sweeney told Hero to knock Storm out, and he did just that with the roaring elbow.

-An interview with Brent Albright aired. Albright's faced was covered by gauze to sell the fireball from Pearce. He says that his kids are afraid of him because of how he looks now and his wife is worried how they'll get by if he misses another pay day. Albright says he'll make Pearce's face look as bad as his does.

5. ROH World Championship Match- (c) Nigel McGuinness vs. Claudio Castagnoli- The announcers smartly pointed out the success CM Punk and Samoa Joe have had after becoming ROH World Champion to play up that the title's reputation. Claudio started out quickly hitting a bicycle kick and got a quick two count. He then hit his finisher, the Ricola Bomb but only got a two count there as well. Nigel took a powder and they brawled on the outside for a few moments. Claudio went for a elbow suicida but Nigel nailed him before he got through the ropes. Nigel set him up for a Tower of London to the floor while Claudio's feet were draped over the middle rope, but that was blocked. With both men back in the ring, Nigel applied a figure four head scissors and then turned it over into Alex Shelley's "skull fuck," driving Double C's head into the canvas again and again. Nigel applied a surfboard type move and then a cravat to wear Claudio down further. Claudio got back to his feet and fired away. Nigel went for a head stand in the corner, Claudio ducked under the attempted mule kick and the came flying off the middle turnbuckle with a European uppercut. Castagnoli fired away with European uppercuts from both sides and then clotheslined Nigel over the top rope. Claudio went for the elbow suicida again and this time connected. Nigel was tossed back into the ring and Claudio went for a cross body off the top but Nigel moved. Nigel hit a hammerlock divorce court for a two count and then hit the Tower of London for another 2 count. Even though 3 years ago no one kicked out of that move, Claudio was back up right away. Nigel crotched Claudio on the top rope and set up to come off with a lariat, but Claudio stepped up to the top rope and hit an enzuguri on Nigel, who was seated on the top turn buckle. Claudio then grabbed Nigel's feet and got him in the "big swing" (I guess it's not Giant anymore) for about 13 revolutions. After another enzuguri, Claudio hit a series of moves for 2 counts including a superplex, a German suplex and the Alpamare Waterslide. After hitting Nigel with the pop-up European Uppercut, Double C hit the second Ricola Bomb of the match but again only got a two. He held on and tried a second, but it was blocked and he turned it into a backslide for a 2. Claudio went for an O'Connor roll, but Nigel rolled through, Claudio kicked out, but the momentum sent Nigel to the ropes and he rebounded with the Jaw Breaker Lariat and got the pin to retain.

Result- McGuinness via pin fall

6. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Tyler Black (w/ Jimmy Jacobs)- While Danielson made his way to the ring, Prazak mentioned that in a 30 day span Danielson competed on a big card for NOAH in Japan, at TripleMania in Mexico, won a dark match against Lance Cade at Raw and also competed in Europe. Black was quick to get on the offense and showed early on that he was going to be aggressive and use his athleticism to try and beat Danielson. Danielson applied a sick looking ankle lock on Black. Nigel McGuinness came back in on commentary to basically bash both competitors. Danielson worked over Black wrist bending and stomping on it. He continued on the wrist and then hit a butterfly suplex into a cross armbreaker but Black wouldn't let him apply it fully. Dragon fired away with some kicks before going back to the wrist. He applied a really sick wrist lock while bending both of Black's arms back. The crowd chanted "this is wrestling." Yes...it was. A very good wrestling. Moments later they were on the apron and Dragon tried to hit a neckbreaker on the apron but Black held on to the rope and Dragon fell back hitting the apron. When the got back into the ring, Black fired away with punches from the mount position and then applied a sleeper. Dragon fought his way out and then hit a missile dropkick off the top rope on Black. Tyler went to the floor and Dragon came through the ropes with an elbow suicida. Black made a come back and with Dragon on the outside, Black climbed to the to rope and hit a moonsault on Danielson to the floor. Dragon came back though quickly and hit a flying knee before applying "cattle mutilation." Black reached the ropes to break the hold. They then did a fish out of water spot and Black re-applied the sleeper. Dragon's arm fell twice but on the third raise he fired up back to his feet, Danielson applied a sleeper of his own and then into the cross armbreaker. You can see how much he learned early on from Regal as Danielson just goes from one move to another so smooth. From the cross arm breaker, Danielson applied a triangle choke, but Black picked him up from that position and went to power bomb him in the corner. When Danielson hit the turn buckles, the rope one snapped! Scary, but Danielson was okay. With out the top rope, Black's Phoenix Splash was out of the equation. Black hit an F-5 followed by a super kick for a 2 count. After realising he couldn't come off the top, he hooked Danielson and hit "God's Last Gift" (small package driver) for a 2 count. The two exchanged forearms with Danielson coming out on top, and then taking black down and pounding him with elbows until the referee called the match.

Result- Danielson via ref stoppage

After the match, Austin Aries returned to attack Jimmy Jacobs. They brawled all over at ringside. Aries went for a suicide dive but Jacobs moved and Aries hit the concrete face first. Jacobs places Aries on a chair and tried to from the inside of the ring to the floor with a cross body, but Aries moved. They then brawled into the crowd and fought all the way to the far wall onto what looked like some floor mats rolled up. Aires tried for the brainbuster but Jacobs countered with "The End Time" guillotine choke. Aries got out, and Jacobs went to spear Aries but Austin blocked it with a few short knees to the head and then applied the "Last Chancery." After some more brawling, Aries got a ladder and tried to place Jacobs on a table. Jacobs fought up and tried to put Aries on a table and come off the ladder. Aries too got up and they both ascended the ladder. Necro Butcher came out and Jacobs told him to get Aries, but Aries told him not to listen to Jacobs. Necro said screw it and just dumped the ladder with both men on it over and send them both crashing through tables to the floor.

Thoughts on the show: The first half wasn't very good, but the tag match was good and the final match was very, very good. Overall, the pacing of these PPVs sucks. Nothing has a chance to settle in with viewer and then you're right on to the next thing. I understand that Gabe sees himself as someone who learned from Heyman, and every once in a while in ECW when 3 matches all flowed into each other it was good. But the entire first 40 minutes of this show felt that way. Also, ROH needs some sort of authority figure. If having belts means "power" than I've seen some fans in ROH crowds that much be the President. Yes, authority figures are done to death in wrestling, but there has to be someone paying attention if you want a believable product? No? Also, I know it's a Briscoe specialty...but can they actually enforce tag team rules in all tag team matches? And if you're going to not count a pin for one illegal man, why count one for TWO illegal men? ROH continues to give effort from all it's wrestlers, but there needs to be more accountability and attention to the small details. Just because TNA does it and still draws a 1.0 every week doesn't mean it's okay to do. While ROH has had some tremendous matches on PPV...it still doesn't feel like a "show." The product is still best view live or their normal DVD releases. I also have to say, they need to find a happy medium with the cameras on too dark and totally washing out all the colour with light. Your pupils shouldn't dialate when you watch a show and they switch camera angles.

I know I'm picking ROH apart, but I have supported the company with my money for a few years now and will continue to as for in ring action you won't get better, but I's gots to calls 'em as I sees em.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Live Notes & Dark Match Results From Tonight's Raw

Here are some live notes from tonight's Raw at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota:

* WWE aired a video of the United States Presidential Candidates John McCain and Barack Obama.

* Dolph Ziggler b. D-Lo Brown in a dark match

sky star 2

Super VIP
SmackDown Match Altered, Stipulation Added To Mysterio vs. Kane At No Mercy

- WWE has made the Beth Phoenix vs. Michelle McCool match for this week's edition of SmackDown a lumberjack match. For more on tomorrow night's SmackDown taping.

- It was also announced on tonight's edition of Raw that if Rey Mysterio loses his match at No Mercy against Kane he will be forced to unmask.

sky star 2

Super VIP
Seeking Live Correspondents In Green Bay, WI

will tape this week's edition of ECW and SmackDown tomorrow night from the Resch Center in Green Bay, Wisconsin. We are currently seeking live correspondents to send us text-message updates throughout the evening. If you are interested in assisting us, please email me your name and mobile number to wnwryan [at] yahoo.com.