Help finding biss key

yz250ftw

Registered
Hi,

I am new to feed hunting and have got most things worked out, but have some questions about biss keys. There are some feeds I have noticed that I can receive where the biss keys arent posted here or twitter, and I would like to try to crack them myself.

I have struggled to work out what is the best/recent way to crack them? I have read about CSA v1, v2 and CWfinder09, but which is the fastest and best way? I have found a few guides, but I struggled to follow them, possibly because they were old or the english was poorly translated. Is there a clear, up to date guide to help me?

I do have a fast internet connection, so I should be ok to download large tables which I have read about. My GPU is only a geforce 210, which apparently does have CUDA, but may not be that powerful. Will this be OK? Ideally I would want to crack the biss code within about 30 minutes and no longer than 1 hour.

Also, what is the cheapest capture card, I have seen TBS6902 on ebay, are these OK for this purpose?

Thank you for any help.

abra26

Registered
GeForce 210 is really weak... My graphic card is weak and I have GeForce 920M with CSA v1 with chains downloaded from colibri's webpage. I have 384 cores and I know that if I will search CW key, it will take always around 45min.
As other members will say you, for this time the best way for search CW keys is CSA v2, because it's faster that v1, but you need more space on your disc. Second thing you can make it faster if you will use SSD (I'm using still HDD so if I will use SSD instead HDD, it will not take 45min but it will be faster (I don't know how much faster but it will..)

So you need strong graphic card, CSA v2 and SSD for faster searching.

Good luck and sorry for my english

Last edited:

dale_para_bajo

Registered
I do not want to contradict you guys. yes sure Better the GPU some how much faster calculations in GPU. Well in fact Faster is wrong. That is only an impression. For the most part most GPU may run from 600 - 1024Mghz. So almost the same speed in all, may be 1 2 or 3 times.

What make it look faster is the Parallel process. It is not the same the work that you can do alone vs 100 forum guys helping you! So it is the Amount of Cores that count. Cores or stream cores are the real workers.

Never the less 45 -55 minutes is what CSA RBT V1 takes. of those only 3-5 minutes is done in GPU!!!!! HEHEHEHE the other 50 minutes is the PC searching in your hard disk. You want to get faster then use SDHD.

So I do not have such a low GPU. But it is posible that if you try you end up doing it in 2 hours instead of 1hours. Maybe less. Just try and let us know. Now:

NEVER do Brute Force in a LapTop.

yz250ftw

Registered
Thank you very much for the replies. It has helped.

I still have unanswered questions - what is the best way to crack the key? CSA v1, CSA v2, or CW finder? or am I getting confused?

Also is TBS6902 the low cost card to get started?

Thanks

Martin.Wigston

Registered
Thank you very much for the replies. It has helped.

I still have unanswered questions - what is the best way to crack the key? CSA v1, CSA v2, or CW finder? or am I getting confused?

Also is TBS6902 the low cost card to get started?

Thanks

CSA v1 has the best success rate, v2 is quicker but lower hit rate.

CWFind is ok for feeds that often use the same key, although you could just write them down and keep your own list but it just automates it and makes it easier. I dont use CWFind myself (Wont work on my laptop)

CudaBISS is good if you know the first 4 digits, some feeds use a predictable key progression but not many.

I use CSA v1, CudaBISS and Modysat (does a similar job to CWFind) they all have their place for helping me find keys.

yz250ftw

Registered
Ok thanks. You have greatly helped. So since I have no idea of the key and/or if it is repeated or predictable I will have to use CSA v1 or v2

Are you able to tell me which one of V1 or V2 requires the least file size of downloading of files?

Martin.Wigston

Registered
Ok thanks. You have greatly helped. So since I have no idea of the key and/or if it is repeated or predictable I will have to use CSA v1 or v2

Are you able to tell me which one of V1 or V2 requires the least file size of downloading of files?

V1 tables are smaller and vary in size at around 160-240GB, v2 are a fixed size of around 1.5TB, that's for each plain type.

yz250ftw

Registered
Ok thanks. I do not have a capture card yet. I am wondering if someone could upload a small .TS file for me so I can perform some tests? And also give me the correct CW so I can confirm my findings.

yz250ftw

Registered
Also, I notice there is many different table types - there is 3 different ones for V2. Do I need all 3 or just one? Thanks

abra26

Registered
00h for MPEG2 (or Audio)
FFh for H264
030000h for some feeds in H264

You can start with FFh, because there's a lot of feeds in HD (H264)

So you can get only one for beginning.