Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

william-1

Feed Hunter
@william

sir what firmware and specific version you installed on your Premium+? or what do you think is the best for blindscan for this receiver. THanks

AZBox has made no improvements to software for over 2 years I am still using the last issued original software here 0.9.5309
as most who have ventured over to Enigma 2 have either lost the box or have persevered with E2 or gone back to E1,

I only use my AZBox Premium HD+ for The Blind Scan & 4:2:2 feeds these days & that is limited as some transmissions are now beyond the AZBox capabilities due to lack of support for codecs ect,

How to find more feeds faster with an AZBox with active blind scan
How to use the AZBox Premium+ or other AZBox's with an active blind scan as a Blind Scan receiver to find feeds,

As the AZBox is the only Satellite receiver to resolve 4:2:2 in dvb-s & dvb-s2 MPEG-2 transmissions you will find more feeds to view than with any other Satellite receiver,

Leave the current data base as it is (0.9.5309) just add the FEED satellites,

When you Blind Scan a Satellite add 2 to 4 for the same satellite position such as 10 east so that you find feeds quicker,

For example:Eutelsat 10A
10 east Name-=10A for 10950 to 11200
-----------------=10B for 12500 to 12750
-----------------=10C for 11200 to 11690
-----------------=10X for 10700 to 10950

If you blind scan 10950 to 11200 with satellite 10A then scan 11200 to 11690 with the same satellite 10A the blind scan will be slower as the scan will include all the transponders that you found in the data base on the 1st scan 10950 to 11200,

When I start a new feed session delete all channels if you only use the AZBox Premium+ for feed hunting,

To just delete the satellites feeds select "Delete Satellite channels" then just tick the feed satellites that you have added if you use the AZBox for Domestic tv as well,

Now go into settings **** data reset****delete all channels then delete the previous satellites that you set up last time on this satellite that you intend to search (10 east & add new satellites as above or where you have found active transponders on this satellite with another an HD blind scan receiver.)

The best & quickest way to find all feeds is to just delete the Satellite that you used on a previous session this is why it is best to add feed satellites as & when you require them then just delete the satellite when you start a new Blind Scan session,

The reason for this is that The AZBox with active blind scan will only find all the transponders on a satellite with an empty data base (for example if you have 10995H 5632 in your database from a previous blind scan & the transponder becomes active again as 10995H 6111 then your receiver will not find it as it already exists in the data base albeit with the wrong symbol rate.)

The purpose of this guide is to make your feed hunting more productive & much faster than it would be with say 100 transponders in the data base of which 75 are dead transponders as the data base will scan these & consequentially be much slower & find less active transponders than the empty data base method,

So just follow these instructions & you will find feed hunting much easier with the AZBox Premium HD+ for active blind scanning,

I also use the AZBox as a fixed receiver using another HD receiver to drive the dish this is advisable if you only use the AZBox as a Feed Hunting only receiver.

Factory Reset when data base problems occur after several Blind Scans for trouble free performance.

Last edited:

aster3

Registered
Tank you for your useful guide. I wish to ask why you don't have installed the firmware version 0.9.5402, the last official.
So i believe.
Bye
Aster3

william-1

Feed Hunter
Tank you for your useful guide. I wish to ask why you don't have installed the firmware version 0.9.5402, the last official.
So i believe.
Bye
Aster3

Because this is a more stable version for my application of Feed Hunting as they never got around to any serious upgrades after 0.9.5309,

It features the following improvements with 0.9.5402

- YOUTUBE FIXED! :D
- Atlantic satellites and transponders updated
- European satellites updated

YouTube stopped working with 0.9.5402 in 2013 & never came back the database update is of no interest to me as I use the AZBox Premium HD+ as a purely Blind Scan receiver adding new satellites for each session then deleting all data at the start of the next blind Scan session,

Had the AZBox software added Codecs & enabled the user to add Biss keys without the aid of a server ect then I would stayed with that version however no support for the AZBox now so I went back 0.9.5309 this is as good as it gets sad to say I will probably put the AZBox back in it's box soon as I rarely use it these days.

KAWUMMK

Banned
As the AZBox is the only Satellite receiver to resolve 4:2:2 in dvb-s & dvb-s2 MPEG-2 transmissions you will find more feeds to view than with any other Satellite receiver,

aha ,you must knowing all details
and this STB is not azbox like you got!

"XX-receiver" can be equipped with the following capability via additional"
licence keys:
 MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 4:2:0 HD decode capability
 MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-4 4:2:2 capability
 High bit rate MPEG-4 4:2:0 capable
 HEVC 4:2:0 Ready capability
 Low Latency capable
"forget azbox for all time" azbox-receiver cant displays all transmissions ,this fact ,most "4:2:2 hd mpeg4"

aster3

Registered
Dear William,
can you be so gently to tell me what are the parameters that you use for blind scan (step of frequency and Synbol rate)?
Is it possible to scan a range of frequency, without chancing S/R?
Thanks for reply.
Aster3

baumi

Registered
The best for feedhunting:

Best solution for feedhunting:
PCi-Card TBS 6925, EBS-Pro as Software with many capabilities.
SHOWS 4:2:2 in H264 Mpeg4 ! Modulation 8psk, 16APSK, all.

ptnxlo

Registered
Problem with tbs6925 is that it brakes. Not only for me.

I watch 4:2:2 on my vu solo se through webportal as stream. No problem at all.

gotya

aha ,you must knowing all details
and this STB is not azbox like you got!

"XX-receiver" can be equipped with the following capability via additional"
licence keys:
 MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 4:2:0 HD decode capability
 MPEG-2 4:2:2, MPEG-4 4:2:2 capability
 High bit rate MPEG-4 4:2:0 capable
 HEVC 4:2:0 Ready capability
 Low Latency capable
"forget azbox for all time" azbox-receiver cant displays all transmissions ,this fact ,most "4:2:2 hd mpeg4"

what's the name of this reciever "XX-receiver" ?

or it's just called "XX-receiver" :confused:

never heard about it

if it's available then I want to buy it

needs more info

regards

gotya

just found this decoder through the web :confused:
Tandberg RX1290 Multi-format MPEG4 HD Receiver/Decoder
Features Included:
Code:
• MPEG-2, SD, 4:2:0 decoding
• MPEG-2, SD, 4:2:2 decoding
• MPEG-2, HD, 4:2:0 decoding
• 3 x HD SDI, SD SDI or ASI outputs
• 1 x RGB or YPrPb analog video output
• 1 x ASI input
• 2 x balanced analog audio outputs
• 2 x balanced digital audio outputs
• 4 x unbalanced digital audio outputs
• Frame synchronization input
• RS-232 data output, RS232/485 Control port
• Alarm relay
• BISS Mode 1& E support
• Extensive VBI support
• MPEG-4 HD 4:2:0 License (Enables MPEG-4 AVC HD decoding, Enables MPEG-4 AVC SD decoding, Enables MPEG-2 4:2:2 HD decoding)
• DVB-S2 8PSK License (Adds DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK capability to DVB-S2 input option card)
• Dolby AC3Licence
• Common Interface License

william-1

Feed Hunter
Update

The HD Best Blind Scan Satellite Receivers currently in my opinion are as follows:-
1/Technomate TM5502HD
2/Technomate TM5302HD
3/SpiderboxHD9000=**
4/Spiderbox HD9900=**
5/Technomate TM6902HD
6/Technomate TM6900HD=**
7/AZBox Premium HD+=**
8/Technomate 5402HD M1/M2=**
9/Technomate 5402HD M3

The SD Best Blind Scan Satellite Receivers that I use:-
1/Manhattan Plaza XT-F
2/Technomate 1500CI Super+=**

Some of these receivers are no longer made =**
If you know of a receiver that has a good blind scan then please add it to the list.

Earlier thread:-
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=105715&highlight=Best+blind+scan+receiver

hammer15

Registered
Thanks for all the info.
Does anybody know,the cost of a Tandberg RX1290 and the name of the supplier.