OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C / T2 with Blind Scan

william-1

Feed Hunter
The Blind Scan looks promising on the OCTAGON SF8008 E2 4K UHD,
With start frequency & stop frequency + polarisation selection & symbol rate selection :thum:

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2

"OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD E2 2160p H.265 HEVC E2 Linux Dual Wifi DVB-S2X & T2C Combo Receiver"

Octagon proudly presents the second 4K UHD Receiver SF8008. Equipped is the Octagon SF8008 with 2 tuner options. The tuners are equipped with the new standard DVB-S2x, DVB-C and DVB-T2 HD. In addition, the Octagon SF8008 USB 3.0 port,
Gigabit LAN interface and the HEVC265 video decoding offer you new perspectives to enjoy the full spectrum of the new 4K experience. Experience a new 4K feeling with the new Octagon SF8008.

The Octagon SF8008 4K UHD receiver offers you two permanently installed DVB-S2X Sat & DVB-C / T2 tuners and is characterized primarily by an enormous performance (15,000 DMIPS) and by lightning fast switching times

Modern entertainment & numerous features

Octagon SF8008 4K UHD supports numerous images, download additional plugins, HDR, HLG and H.265 decoding.
Gigabit LAN with 1000Mbps ensures fast connection of your high-resolution content, in addition there are two WLAN antennas, a permanently installed WIFI module available.
The Octagon SF8008 4K, with its USB 3.0, USB 2.0 and MicroSD slots and card reader, provides ample opportunities to play content from external storage media to further enhance the entertainment experience.
The Octagon SF8008 also features HDMI 2.0, AV (Audio & Video) and S / PDIF output for digital audio, and consumes less than 0.5Watt in standby.

Metal case & solid workmanship

Main features:
- Hisilicon Hi3798MV200 Huawei
- Quad Core 64bit (4x 1.6GHz) 15000 DMIPS
- Flash 8GB eMMC
- RAM 1GB DDR4
- Gigabit LAN Ethernet (1000Mbps)
- WiFi built-in, 300Mbit, 2x WiFi antennas
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- Card reader
- DVB-S2X & DVB-C / T2 combo (2x tuner)
- HDMI 2.0a & USB 3.0
- MicroSD slot

Features:
- Enigma2 Linux OS Operating System
- DVB-S2X 4K UHD & Multistream
- PIP HD & UHD (Picture in Picture)
- HDR 10bit & HLG
- Blindscan
- Kodi
- HbbTV
- Stalker
- ffmpeq HW Playback Support
- 2160P Media Playback H.264 and H.265 HEVC
- OTA updates
- PVR recordings (* optional)
- 0.5W stand-by

Front:
- Power button on / off button
- 4-digit 7-segment display
- LED display (red / blue)
- IR sensor (infrared receiver)

Rear:
- H.265 HEVC 4K UHD DVB-S2X Tuner LNB Input
- H.265 HEVC HD DVB-C / T2 Tuner Input
- Dolby S-PDIF
- AV - Audio Video Jack - Jack to RCA
- RS-232 Socket (Maintenance & Service)
- WiFi 2x WiFi Antennas
- HDMI 2.0a Output
- USB 2.0 Port
- Network Gigabit LAN (1000Mbps)
- MicroSD Slot
- Recovery (Reset) Button
- DC-12V Power Supply
- Power On / Off

https://www.octagon-germany.eu/produkte/digital-receiver/hdtv-receiver/satellit-dvb-s2/sf8008/

Ramboide

Registered
As usual, bugs and lack of functions are not solved through updates, they are only fixed in the next models of the manufacturer's brand, such as blind scan, etc.

Last edited:

Francescone

OK William, we will wait. But if you are waiting this new box..... well, it means it will be a good feed hunting receiver! Good news. Do you know if operating system will be common enigma2? Or some "linux-embedded" firmware? Thanks.

T50

Donating Member
when is the date this receiver will be available for sale on ebay or elsewhere?

william-1

Feed Hunter
Unknown atm to #5 & 6 if it does all that is in the spec on release it will be worth waiting for.

ufeedo

Registered
biggest hisilicon dung!

OK William, we will wait. But if you are waiting this new box..... well, it means it will be a good feed hunting receiver! Good news. Do you know if operating system will be common enigma2? Or some "linux-embedded" firmware? Thanks.
lol hahaha DREAMBOX 900,920 a thousand times better on blindscan!:D her blind scan dung does not list the found frequencies, but dreambox already!:D:D:nana::nana::nana:

Francescone

Well.... as I know, William considers all linux-based boxes not a good choice for blind scan and feed hunting. If DM920 is 1000 times better.... it seems very disappointing.... surely not a good news I'm afraid. I wait his opinion, William is one of top feed hunters in Europe.

Youknowme02

Registered
If the DM920 is a hundred times better then why look at the octagon SF8008, and how would you know it has not came out yet?

ufeedo

Registered
I write where I want or are you administrator here ???
so scary blind scan.see the videos on youtube
fucking blind scan! the same blind scan is also on Vu +, gigablue etc ..

I've had enough hundreds of receivers since 1998! know me well with many receivers!
best blind there
Dream900 / 920
Openbox SX series ..
TBS 5927

octagon did not even handle the 4008, only bugs, problems. there is a reason to use an old patched OE2 box!

and the last Hisilicon has shitty Pic/image quality!

Gammal Gubbe

Registered
Does the receiver have all these features or is it something they promise in the future? ;-) I have an Octagon 4004, they promised Kodi (came after long wait and is very buggy) and Blind scan (has not seen that yet).

paul68

Registered
Hi
I like very much this decoder, I would like to ask you 2 question ;:

1> Can Octagonsf 8008 decrypt the multistream at 5 west ?

2> Is possible to see the feed in 4:2:2 at 7 east ?

Thanks alot

Paul italy

Gammal Gubbe

Registered
Hi
I like very much this decoder, I would like to ask you 2 question ;:

1> Can Octagonsf 8008 decrypt the multistream at 5 west ?

2> Is possible to see the feed in 4:2:2 at 7 east ?

Thanks alot

Paul italy

1) The predecessor could decrypt multistream at 5 west and other platforms so I am sure the SF8008 will too.

2) Most likely no, at least not right out of the box.

The other specs (especially blind scan and kodi) you should be skeptical to until someone actually has tested the box.