Ultimo flash

digi247

Registered
There is only only one type of image used for the VU+ series of receivers and that is generally via USB flash method, in certain circumstances the Bootloader can become corrupt which would need an .nfi image file to be flashed via serial port

you can find the .nfi images for the Ultimo here:
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/

deffc0n

Registered
There is only only one type of image used for the VU+ series of receivers and that is generally via USB flash method, in certain circumstances the Bootloader can become corrupt which would need an .nfi image file to be flashed via serial port

you can find the .nfi images for the Ultimo here:
Code:
http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2012/7.0/

Thx

Im using Broadcom studio and a crypress devolpment board as the jtag device have flash Samsung K9K8G08U0D.
Now looking Samsung K9K8G08U0D.xmlfor Broadcom Studio.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thx

Im using Broadcom studio and a crypress devolpment board as the jtag device have flash Samsung K9K8G08U0D.
Now looking Samsung K9K8G08U0D.xmlfor Broadcom Studio.

This is the one i use mate when jtagging ultimos

see attached

deffc0n

Registered
This is the one i use mate when jtagging ultimos

see attached

Thx @Ferret this file work :)

Next step write cfe_ultimo_20111103_Ver1.04RC1.bin and box not work i think must write all flash not only boot maybe you have full flash for Ultimo ?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Thx @Ferret this file work :)

No problem mate

I made that file myself from the technical sheet spec for the nand.

Not that hard to do when you read the help files in bb3, done 3 ultimos with that file.

I usually flash the bootloader with bb3 then flash the image as normal via usb.

deffc0n

Registered
No problem mate

I made that file myself from the technical sheet spec for the nand.

Not that hard to do when you read the help files in bb3, done 3 ultimos with that file.

I usually flash the bootloader with bb3 then flash the image as normal via usb.

Next step write cfe_ultimo_20111103_Ver1.04RC1.bin and box not work i think must write all flash not only boot maybe you have full flash for Ultimo ?

My ultimo is very strange when connect usb update not work anythink voltage in port usb only lcd :

VU+

Still stop this.

@Ferret maybe share full flash 128mb for ultimo ?
I khnow is very slow read with Broadband Studio this flash but this is my last chance for me reanimation this box.

br

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator

My ultimo is very strange when connect usb update not work anythink voltage in port usb only lcd :

VU+

Still stop this.

@Ferret maybe share full flash 128mb for ultimo ?
I khnow is very slow read with Broadband Studio this flash but this is my last chance for me reanimation this box.

br

That is the cfe you need and there is no need for full flash bin.

What is the error message ? Screen shots please ? Im thinking you have hardware problem.

deffc0n

Registered
That is the cfe you need and there is no need for full flash bin.

What is the error message ? Screen shots please ? Im thinking you have hardware problem.

I have good hardware look screen many times programming diffrent box only this is problem i read about 1mb flash past bootloader is only FFFFFF flash is empty this is problem.

ultimo_bcm.jpg

complet write boot :

ultimo_bcm_complet.jpg

I think only full dump from good ultimo work my box.

br

thx for repaly @Ferret.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry if i had a Ultimo now i would do you flash dump still dont think you should need it though.

What did you do to get the box in the state it is now ?

deffc0n

Registered
Sorry if i had a Ultimo now i would do you flash dump still dont think you should need it though.

What did you do to get the box in the state it is now ?

Only good dump from Ultimo help me.
I buy this box foulty when power i get only on LCD VU+ and nothing no start only fan work no booting.
@Ferret maybe have Ultimo and read flash by usb time about 90 minutes very long.