Which dish do I buy?

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I am now in the market for a new dish and motor / actuator or whatever they are called.

I can't risk going bigger than 1.3 as it might attract the eyes of my local council.

The dish will be on a 3 inch diameter steel pole which will be in the ground set in concrete and attached to 1 or more TK brackets attached to a single storey building. The dish will sit above the line of that building.

Pretty lowish to avoid the worst of the storms but will be just viewable from outside my garden. I will be working on ideas to block the view as much as I can.

Cost is not an issue for the right dish.

Which dish do I get?

jake

Donating Member
Pick up a cheap 2nd hand Channel Master 1.2, or if you can get away with it, a Gibertini 1.5m ground mounted will give you some welcome rain margin in those winter months.

el samak

VIP
channel master is a good idea

or

try to get an laminas 1200 / don t need acuator , works with USALS ...(not heavy)

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
OK, before I make a final decision, I need to ask is a Gibetini (excuse spelling) a better quality dish than a channel master?
I am not too concerned about cost, I want to get something that is as good as I can get.

RimaNTSS

Registered
I do not know what will happen to Gibertini after 20 years of service, perhaps it will be already scrapped. But I know that 10-20 years old Channel Masters still work same as in the very beginning, and after some washing they even look like new. Where is "la la land"? I could send you used Channel Master. :)