Getting blocked from time to time

ararat

Hi all. :)

Today I posted in "Claudia´s Games". No problem for eight postings. But now I can´t post the 9th one in the game "Knock Knock".
(Only text with smileys - two intended attachments not yet uploaded, but I will try*.)
I´ve got Advanced View Editor window opened there and when clicking on preview, I get a blocking message from CloudFlare.
(CloudFlare Ray ID: 1ccc598a24bb1467)

Yesterday the same happened only in the game "Famous people - Last Letter" - all other games worked.

Is there a new restriction on numbers of posts?

* I tried uploading attachments to SU server: that worked
I tried posting text + attachments: got blocked again. :confused:

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
member angelodos sent me a message yesterday asking Why have I been blocked? so perhaps he was getting the same message as you yesteray

ararat

Thx, @Brummie:)
There must be a special kind of letters/characters that the SU server doesn´t like inside a text.

I just posted a text (Only text) in "Knock Knock" and didn´t get blocked.
If I copy and paste my original text, I get blocked.

EDIT:

When I copy and paste text from SU editor to Windows Notepad , then copy this pasted text from Windows Notepad back to SU editor - I can then post it without problems.

http://www.sat-universe.com/showpost.php?p=1225579&postcount=2322

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
zvonko67 also sent me the same message

Sorry, you have been blocked

You are unable to access sat-universe.com

here's colleagues also happens
a few words and one picture set

One for Rocknroll this ill PM him alerting him to this thread.

ararat

Thx @Ferret :)

My suspicion up to now:

The problem must have s.th. to do with SU editor (advanced view window), not with IP adress of blocked SU member,
because SU-editor-text gets blocked and the same Windows-Notepad-text doesn´t get blocked.
(Windows Notepad removes formatting and smileys.)

---

We should observe in future, what kind of typed letters / characters / smileys / formatting may cause this problem.
Maybe this happens due to partially wrong handling of ANSI character set/ /ASCII character set translation from some languages/countries?!?
(Wrong translated characters being misinterpreted as an attack on the server.)
_______

Maybe I´m wrong with my suspicion above.

I just clicked on preview and got blocked again.
As a test, I removed the yellow smiley after Ferrets name in the first line of this post and surprise: I didn´t get blocked.

I made some screenshots for you to see the difference, but when I placed a yellow smiley back in text, the preview worked without blocking.

So there may rather be a problem for the server to recognize the access rights of a member.

By the way, rights:
I can´t see any more who downloaded my uploads.

Button for this has vanished.

macro

Registered
I too have the same problem since there were problems with the server can not postet in uplod forums

Last edited:

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, thanks for reporting it. I'll check cloudflare security settings and hopefully tweak them a bit to avoid false positives.

It would help though if some of you that got messages blocked posted them exactly as you tried to post it on pastebin or somewhere I can read them and try and figure out what triggered the security blocking.

gotya

I get this message too

so I have to edit my message alot until I get it through

it takes alot to find out which error is it

Can you fix this ?

here the message

Sorry, you have been blocked
You are unable to access sat-universe.com

CloudFlare Ray ID: 1cfb12d239fe0e42 •