Can Ultimo VU+ Ultimo support the basic features of a satellite decoder?

nayyan

Registered
Hello,

i've just received my VU+ Ultimo and i am very very disappointed because:
-very light user manual
-inability find out how to create my favorite lists
-inability to get the EPG work properly. I can only see the next 2 programs of a TV channel, i can't see the daily program over 1 or 2 weeks.
-inability to scan FreeSat programs (28.2E) while my old satellite decoder = TechniSat Digicoder S2 was able to support most of these functions including the one to cut advertisements in a recorded program.

Could anyone guide me to any solution because given the performances i could get from this box this is so far a total failure.

georgeflu

Registered
When we decide to buy a receiver, we take into account what we want to do, how easy we want to do it and how much time you can devote to him.the receiver you bought, it certainly can do much more than a simple one, but can not do it in such a simple way.for everything you want to do then, must use the appropriate program or tool. i think it would be better to leave the original image and install to it another one made from the other teams (blackhole,pli,vti,vix) .
favorite lists and generally channel processing, you can do with an editor like dreamset or dreamboxedit.
for epg,there are tools like crossepg,or xmltv import.

levi45

Registered
whene pepole like you nead to research first if you post like you dont like the boxtotal failure very disappointed or etc,etc know one will help only you dont know how to use it. the box you have is best box in the market you cant get any better than ultimo.stop blame to the box .so do your research learn ebut the box first..

Last edited:

OldSkul

Registered
You bought probably the best receiver on the market today, but apperantly you lack proper knowledge. You should buy something cheaper then... Stop complaining and start reading forums. I recommend you visit OpenPLi or VIX forum. Download one of their latest images and start from there.

nayyan

Registered
sorry: what is an image? Is it about configuration or software? what i need in priority to start are the basi features:
1/ EPG program correctly updated from 1 source internet: today the best i can get is 24h in advance, on other similar channels only the next 2 programs, and sometimes nothing.
2/ Scan the 28.2E: my Technosat decoder can pick all the relevant channels while Ultimo VU+ can't pick any if i connect the same satellite TV input cable: why is that?
3/for 13.0 and 19.2 satellites i can get all the relevant channels but i can't manage to find a way to create list of favorites, a BASIC feature.

so it's not a matter of complaining it's a matter of getting at least the BASICS, FUNDAMENTALS coming with the box.
so if anyone can help find an easy solution to any of these 3 points i would be grateful as it would be a good start.

levi45

Registered
sorry: what is an image? Is it about configuration or software? what i need in priority to start are the basi features:
1/ EPG program correctly updated from 1 source internet: today the best i can get is 24h in advance, on other similar channels only the next 2 programs, and sometimes nothing.
2/ Scan the 28.2E: my Technosat decoder can pick all the relevant channels while Ultimo VU+ can't pick any if i connect the same satellite TV input cable: why is that?
3/for 13.0 and 19.2 satellites i can get all the relevant channels but i can't manage to find a way to create list of favorites, a BASIC feature.

so it's not a matter of complaining it's a matter of getting at least the BASICS, FUNDAMENTALS coming with the box.
so if anyone can help find an easy solution to any of these 3 points i would be grateful as it would be a good start.
i can recomend to you to use black hole image 1.7.2 is the best and easy very simple
1: cross epg install from plugins so you can get 1 week in advance epg
2: you can just send the ready settings you dont need to search manualy
3:you need dream box edit to craete your favorites list...

just put in your mind that this box is enigma2 think like a pc.....not just normal satellite box....

Last edited:

georgeflu

Registered
http://www.sat-universe.com/forumdisplay.php?f=505 here you can find the images for your receiver.
here is a how to http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=222658

in any case you must read a lot of things about general linux receivers because it will help you.
cross epg nad xmltv import are updating from internet. in pli team images (and images from other teams based in pli) there is a function which load epg from the satellite but not for all providers.
my personal opinion is that tere isn't best image. all images has fantastic and bad points. you must try many of them to see and decide which one is the perfect for you.
for the channels. the receiver recognise some channels like data. so try to download some satellite settings which have converted those channels to tv channels.