Live Feeds Monitor for SX88 / Edision Primo

C

campag5242

This is a monitor/logging tool for the Octagon SX88 / Edision Primo IP, showing transponder details captured from memory during live blind scan by the rx.

It's the same info which flies off the receiver's blindscan screen all too quickly, but presented in a persistant, "radar" style as the tuner sweeps the band.

Installation:
1. Unzip gxbs & gxbs.ini and transfer both files by FTP to /home/gx/local/
2. Open a telnet session, cd /home/gx/local then chmod +x gxbs

Usage:
1. From the /home/gx/local directory, run the monitor with ./gxbs
2. Start a blind scan on your chosen satellite, & watch the monitor console fill with feed info.
3. Upon completion, restart the blind scan to update the feeds summary. Repeat forever.

Successive blind scans will update the feed uptime records. Newly found feeds are donated by "!", those under 5 mins old "(!)", those under 10 mins old "((!))". If older than 10 minutes, you'll see the uptime for that feed.

The found TP's SR is the raw value from the tuner, before the STB swaps out the real SR to whatever crazy number it might find in its settings by way of a +/200ksps match to an old TP.

An attempt is made to correct the discovered frequency for local oscillator drift by calculating LOF error against those always-on transponders, whose known frequency is taken from the supplied .ini file. Calibration values for lo/hi band LOFs are a rolling average of the last four scans of the band.

Transponders in the .ini file can be marked with an S or E - those in the middle of that block will not remain in the monitor window, so as to keep the log uncluttered.

When a feed leaves, or is missed because of sun/rain/cloud fade, it appears in the "graveyard" at the bottom of the screen. After 20 minutes absence, the feed is removed from the graveyard & details written to file tplog.txt on the USB stick (if present).

You can keep an eye on the list of feeds which have ended as it grows: in another telnet session, run tail -f /tmp/UD0/tplog.txt

Whether these csky-cpu/gxapi boxes retrieve modulation/FEC from the tuner, and how to interpret it, would be useful to hear, so I can add it. Also c/n lookup table for the ss% in dB.

There is run-time detection of boxtype Octagon/Edision, working with current firmware as of October 2018.

The tool will likely not work on other firmware revisions, including any updates.

campag5242

Download:
https://mega.nz/#!mjJTmALI!QZdVnAo08Wz_R6K_3twQwnj4lZGUjA2YseK7gN7RVcY

A typical gxbs monitor windowis below. Fixed transponders are in cyan, BISS in yellow, other CAS in red, FTA in green
7wBydCW.png

bkatbim

Registered
Can this solve the problem in Hispasat 30w to catch all Abertis tdt-sat frecuencies ¿
i have an sx88+ , but catch only 17 channels ( some of theme repeated).
Thanx a lot for the big job.

EnoSat

Well Known Member
Can this solve the problem in Hispasat 30w to catch all Abertis tdt-sat frecuencies ¿

result scan only if BISS key for stream right
bad key = none result/none chanels

C

campag5242

This tool is nothing more than a passive monitor for the receiver's blindscan routine... it has no fixes for anything, Abertis included.

But it will help you spot new feeds, especially if you drive the receiver relentlessly in a blindscan loop.

mrcrist

Registered
"There is run-time detection of box type Octagon/Edison, working with current firmware as of October 2018."
- ¿What firmware version?
- ¿Where I cant find it?

Thankyou!

C

campag5242

Sorry, I completely missed seeing the latest replies... didn't think anyone was using this tool.

I've continued to patch it for Octagon FW releases as they appear, and will upload the latest build tomorrow including today's 10490 (aka revert to 10488 :rolleyes:). The Edision and others seem dead as far as FW updates go, so they will surely still work.

It's compiled with this toolchain at c-sky's github. It continuously dumps the running out.elf dvb app's heap memory to retrieve the live raw tuner & SI data.