Octagon SX88 Problem

perrari

Registered
Octagon SX88 Help

I would like to know if it is possible to read the Blu Tivusat card using OSCAM with this decoder.

I tried for hours without success.
I need oscam for tivusat and to see Arena without using THCAM.
I would like to use only Oscam.
The decoder must be used by an inexperienced person and can not change the emu.

Thank you all

Last edited:

nafof

Registered
hello,i just buy octagon sx88 and i want to install the oscam.when i try installation system+6363 doesnt work .please help .i just install the new firmare but nothing.icant see the cam setting ,thank you

C

campag5242

"Einstellungen" translates to "Settings", not "Installation", so it's the Settings menu you must be in when you enter the magic PIN. If successful, you'll have a new menu item "CAM Setting" below "Factory default".

If that doesn't work, you my need to flash the box with the +EMU firmware version.

saber2005

Registered
How to change the Oscars-gx
I tried but did not want to change
I have a device octagon sx88+
Use a program Dcc
* /usr/local/bin/oscam-gx
All attempts did not work

C

campag5242

@saber2005 to upgrade the box's oscam, put the new oscam-gx in /home/gx/local/oscam/ folder.

Ensure the attributes are set to executable in your ftp client, or using chmod +x /home/gx/local/oscam-gx from a telnet session.

That's all.

saber2005

Registered
campag5242

I followed all the data
And a computer connected together device octagon sx88+
And all files are running
ftp: //../home/gx/local/oscam/ (SoftCam.Key oscam.ccache oscam.conf oscam.server oscam.server)

But when you enter a folder
ftp: //.../usr/local/bin/oscam-gx

And change oscam-gx r672
My new OScam-gx r11434
He does not want to

I'm sorry to bother you :(

C

campag5242

*Ignore* the existing file /usr/local/bin/oscam-gx

Put the new oscam-gx in the folder I instructed already, /home/gx/local/oscam/

Change the permissions, resart oscam (or reboot your box), and the new oscam-gx will be used in place of the old one.

Alfaabass

Registered
Please I need tutorial how to put oscam files frm my pc to octagon sx88 vie dcc bcos after established connection between pc and octagon vie dcc I don't know how to copy it to home/us/local/oscam.please I need full tutorial please

furzi

*Ignore* the existing file /usr/local/bin/oscam-gx

Put the new oscam-gx in the folder I instructed already, /home/gx/local/oscam/

Change the permissions, resart oscam (or reboot your box), and the new oscam-gx will be used in place of the old one.

doesnt work for me
after that , the old and the new oscam are present in the folder.
no arena:mecry:

furzi

Last edited:
C

campag5242

How can both old and new be present at the same time? There can only ever be one file named "oscam-gx" in /home/gx/local/oscam/!

If you already have an oscam-gx in that folder, delete it, then place the newer oscam-gx in that folder.

furzi

hey
there is no old oscam gx
only oscam server-oscam srvid-oscam user-.
is this the wrong folder?:confused:

furzi

C

campag5242

Yes, that is the correct folder (/home/gx/local/oscam/, the one with all the oscam config files) to place your updated oscam-gx.

After transferring make sure you set the permissions to executable (telent in to the stb as root, navigate to that folder, then chmod +x oscam-gx).

furzi

hey
there was no old oscam gx?
rights are on 755
oscam startet
nothing happens
:confused::mad::mecry:
furzi

Last edited:
C

campag5242

If oscam is started, then you should have access to the oscam webif. Check there the live log, your config/keys etc

C

campag5242

Great!

But for the benefit of others who may land on this thread, you should describe what was wrong with the instructions written here (or your interpretation of them), and how you fixed it.

furzi

simply took the file of a german board (n8falke)
with the oscam gx file.
now arena works

furzi:thum: