270cn server

happy12

Donating Member
if your mvision 270cn are model no F200 you are fine but if yours is model no F100 then you need to change last 4 digits of mac address

satman10_0

Registered
? MAC address

Sorry to ask this especially if it is something obvious, but is there anything that is supposed to be done as I have a MVision 270 that stopped connecting to the gift server a few weeks ago.

I have also installed the latest firmware from Tito, but still no luck.

Is there something what can be done to reconnect? Am I supposed to do something with the 'MAC' and if so, how?

satman10_0

Registered
Yes I have the usual orange and occasional flashing green light at the rear Ethernet Port. I usually watch channels on Hotbird and Astra

fastcar123

Registered
hi mate is your box up to day et channel wise first thing try hollywood on 19 astra tp 10979 v 2200 up and running on mine if not delete sat & rescan 19e. back up first on usb i have same soft ware as you

satman10_0

Registered
hi mate is your box up to day et channel wise first thing try hollywood on 19 astra tp 10979 v 2200 up and running on mine if not delete sat & rescan 19e. back up first on usb i have same soft ware as you

Yes my channel list is up to date. All my Hotbird channels stopped working at the same time, the channels include movies, docs and everything else :D

I will however try the Hollywood channel on Astra as you suggest but I am not expecting it to work as I believe the box is no longer connecting to the server. I will confirm my findings after trying it this evening.

Satnoi

Registered
what did you meen Original Mac address give some explanation how to change this.

Hi,
Try to see the original MAC address through the grid on top of your reciever (left side), it's a bit difficult.Write it down on a paper & then compatre it with the MAC address you have as default, if it's different type the right (original) one.

Good luck! ;)

antenutze

Registered
Hi,
Try to see the original MAC address through the grid on top of your reciever (left side), it's a bit difficult.Write it down on a paper & then compatre it with the MAC address you have as default, if it's different type the right (original) one.
Good luck! ;)
and if it's the same?... and don't working...
I thing that everyone who know how to don't want to explain to others the realy procedure to change that fucking MAC adress for the 270. I know'it also but I want to check'it if the people want to help the other or it's only selfish and now I see.
Tks my friend but tape you samething on the grey case and after explain us how you do it. (If you want to find how, see my answer to the other sat forums)

satman10_0

Registered
I think that what we would like to know is if the server is down for the MVision 270 receivers only,as we seem to have different people saying different things. I have never changed the MAC on my 270 and it is presently loaded with the latest software even though it had stopped working prior to loading it.

What has the MAC address got to do with things? Should it be the original MAC displayed in order to connect to the server, or does the MAC need to be changed to connect again?

maurice594

Registered
Hi, is your 270 F100 or F200 model?? If it is a F100 then you will have problems at this time connecting to the server, if it is a F200 then it should be OK now. People with F100's have changed their MAC and some have been successful others have not.

Not all channels are open, most on 13 & 19e, nothing at the moment on 30w, but latest info from other sites is that J*C have been added at 7w.

Last edited:

antenutze

Registered
My friends when we are not sure of something you should not get the other in the error. The problem with this receiver is that after (+/-) one year it's removed from the server, using a MAC address filtering. So the only one solution to accesing again the server is to change the receiver MAC adress (but only the last two pairs of two-digit, without touching the first three pairs.
now you must tell us how you do it because the MAC numbers (hexa) is grey and we can not change... This is the riddle you must solve ... but if you need help I have the answer on PM.:)

fastcar123

Registered
maurice 594 where did you get this info from. Mine just gone off tonite ive got the F100 model ive never changed the mac address

george22

Registered
Donating Member
hi
the 270 server is down as of yesterday morning
please don't change your mac addy it will only
give you more trouble.

regards
george22

maurice594

Registered
@ fastcar123. On the 26/7/13 I wrote:Hi, is your 270 F100 or F200 model?? If it is a F100 then you will have problems at this time connecting to the server, if it is a F200 then it should be OK now. People with F100's have changed their MAC and some have been successful others have not.

I was one of the few that changed my mac and was successful, but in the past few days the server has gone down again so wait until its back and then you can see what you have to do if you are one of the F100's. Regards.