• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
You can read about the reason here:

http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=65017

Looks like they programmed something in their latest image 4.3.1 that kills cloned dm500 boxes. And as people report they can't do anything to do box now, pretty much becomes junk.
Now whether someone will figure out how to bring the box back to life doesn't really matter. The fact is that their intention was to destroy someone else's property. People paid decent money for the clones and in my opinion don't deserve to be sabotaged like this.
The fair thing gemini could have done would be to make their image simply not work on clones.
Anyway, that is just my opinion and I don't want to make important decision for the board just based on that.
So the question is, do we remove all threads with gemini images and stop posting any future releases by those guys or not?
You can post your opinion in the thread too but please give your vote in the poll.
We'll leave it open for 2 days.

testi

Super VIP
:thum:

.. not fair that there was no warning or whatever ...

i know there was some talk about their online update server which can`t be used if box is identified as clone , but killing digital equippment is another thing ...

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
They at least didn't have to lie in their 4.3.1 announcement:

For us as Gemini developer and operators of the IHAD this action is now finished. With the upcoming release 4.3.1 of the Gemini Project the clone recognition will be deactivated. We nevertheless ask everyone to use its influence to proceed against clones.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
like you say rock they are totally out of order, but they would totally deny the fact if they were confronted, and it would not suprise me if they have had a back hander or a so called donation from some where.

most people have to work hard to purchase a receiver if its a clone or not, and for them to do that is a total disgrace.

I sincerely hope that every satellite forum takes the same action.

it just goes to show what they think of there own members and many many people who use there images,knowing that they have developed software what will destroy peoples receivers.

GE*INI ARE A DISGRACE TO THE SAT SCENE FOR THIS DIRTY TRICK

xxxAxxx

Super VIP
Roc what have to do gemini team in this ,they get pay what they tell them we must also Boycott DreamMultimedia main comp who take the decision...

First they build the receiver even in china they take all over the market from the both side real boxes and clone ones in the end money goes to DreamMultimedia

now if you going to take a decision have to be both ,,,

But also we should stop Gemini team images in this board ,,,,they are nusty team forme now...i never trust and use any image of them anymore...

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Yes, it is probably DMM decision to do this, but it would be too drastic to boycott them completely.
Some of their boxes are decent receivers and plenty of people have them.
But I'll probably boycott dmm personally and my next box won't be dm800 as I initially considered. It probably wouldn't be even if this didn't happen though :) From what I read on first reports of dm800 picture quality is worse compared to ufs 910 or ipbox 9000. And it is got heating issues. Tuner is not that great either.

But never mind that. At least we can act against the people we know are directly responsible for this, and that would be gemini team. (Unless this was programmed into dmm CVS release, and gemini just passed it along).

isenguard

U Will Never Walk Alone
Super VIP
this is the message that will appear if ur receiver was a clone

dreamyl3.jpg

maximo

Super VIP
I got no words for this :mad:
absolutly out of order i think none should use gemini again
is no way they can mess with people belongings this is like mafia
sorry for ash post but .....:mad:.....:mad:

musicares

Donating Member
i have a original box and i never use it gemini

but after this action

i say boycott Gemini .....

for me this action is one of the biggest scandal on sat history!!

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
Ok, poll is closed 89.47% in favor of the boycott, so all gemini images are removed now. If I missed some let me know.
I guess we can keep the discussion threads, but gemini files should be removed and no future updates posted.

tellstar

Registered
Some people will buy dodgy products, The rest of us will always buy BRAND NAMES as we think we are getting the real thing.WHAT THOSE GUYS HAVE DONE IS LIKE ROBBERY PUTTING THERE HANDS IN THE POCKETS OF UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE THAT PAID OUT HARD SAVED MONEY FOR A BRAND NAME THAT WAS A CLONE. I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT ANY RIGHT THINKING MIND WOULD AT LEAST GIVE SOME WARNING.???
"ITS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT F***K UP THE WORLD THAT WE LIVE IN"

tellstar

Registered
WHAT SORT OF S***E HEAD WOULD THINK UP SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO DESTROY SOMEBODYS BOX THAT THEY THOUGHT WAS THE REAL THING ????
AS A CLONE SOLD TO A CUSTOMER LOOKS THE REAL THING.
SURLEY ANY RIGHT THINKING HUMAN BEEN WOULD NOT DO THIS.
AT LEAST A WARNING OF SOME INTENT WOULD BE IN ORDER????

ITS PEOPLE LIKE THIS THAT F**K UP THE WORLD THAT WE LIVE IN

VERRY DISAPOINTED WITH HUMAN NATURE OF THIS KIND:mad::mad::mad:

bigbaer

Registered
i have a original box to and i use a gemini image

but after this action i change my firmware !

Status
Not open for further replies.