PowerVu Chat [only chat, don‘t post keys here]

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
I Have a friend with TBS 5922 USB Qbox
i tested this last night on my PC and PowerVU channels worked great with ALT DVB Star Edition III
on my PC I Have Nvidea Graphics card
but he has tried on his PC with i think its onboard Microsoft Graphics card with Win7 64Bit
but his TBS Qbox is not recognized with ALT DVB Star Edition III
he has installed the drivers and they seem to work ,
my question guys is does it matter what Graphics card is used ??
or will ALT DVB Star Edition III work with any Graphics card ?
i thought it might be Graphics card issues that is causing him the problems ?

plze post some feedback .
Thnx

dream_fun

Registered
really hope they teach us how to install oscam with PowerVu support on pc linux......

It is a lot more than a simple adjustment.
Implementing the powervu algorithm would be the easy part. The problem arises because oscam only handles one CW for audio and video. Powervu uses two. Furthemore oscam provides the DCWs to the CSA descramber. It would have to be amended to provide the powervu A & V control words to the DES descrambler and almost certainly new drivers written to use them correctly..

For dreambox,your best solution would be to use a plugin that send the ECM to PC,DES video/audio decrypt there,and send back to dreambox player.

What is really important is that DES decrypt requires a lot of power from the PC

jan55

my opinion - the only solution and "nearest" is in the vPlug_Server ... and sharing to STB . whether so think Vahid? ;)

dapipp81

Registered
HI!!!!

I would buy a dvb-s2 to see both the encoding PowerVu than using it for feeds 4 : 2 : 2 also encoded .
which card do you recommend ?
Can I use a TBS-usb or be only a pci card ?

thanks!!!

AHMAD ALBAHETH

Registered
any one have tested with DVBViewer in win 10 TP build 10056 or 10061

iOt3FVU.png

402ZnvD.png

milan58

Super VIP
I Have a friend with TBS 5922 USB Qbox
i tested this last night on my PC and PowerVU channels worked great with ALT DVB Star Edition III
on my PC I Have Nvidea Graphics card
but he has tried on his PC with i think its onboard Microsoft Graphics card with Win7 64Bit
but his TBS Qbox is not recognized with ALT DVB Star Edition III
he has installed the drivers and they seem to work ,
my question guys is does it matter what Graphics card is used ??
or will ALT DVB Star Edition III work with any Graphics card ?
i thought it might be Graphics card issues that is causing him the problems ?

plze post some feedback .
Thnx
Win7 64-bit sp1,AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor,NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450,4 GB RAM
This is my configuration, both types of cards operate stably-satisfied.
In general the intensity of the graphics processor and the computer will run faster.
Each DVBPlayer works with any graphics card, cheap can not swallow HD resolution.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
@n3ur0 @ Anubis_Ir @TheHighLander @$80 @MaRwAn26 and others
I am starting to understand you guys and our situation.

Normally CSA TS

Code:
STB<=Receive Sat Signal
STB==Extract TS(audio/video/ECM/EMM)
STB=>send ECM
Server<= received ECM
Server==Decrypt ECM and extract [COLOR="Red"]CSA-[DCW][/COLOR]
Server=>Send [COLOR="Red"]CSA-[DCW][/COLOR]
STB<=received [COLOR="Red"]CSA-[DCW][/COLOR]
STB==pass the received [COLOR="Red"]CSA-[DCW][/COLOR] to its specific [COLOR="Red"]CAS Hardware Decoder[/COLOR] to decode TS Video and Audio.

and the loops repeats...

PowerVU TS

Code:
STB<=Receive Sat Signal
STB==Extract TS(audio/video/ECM/EMM)
STB=>send ECM
Server<= received ECM
Server==Decrypt ECM and extract [COLOR="Blue"]DES-ECB [DCW][/COLOR]
Server=>Send [COLOR="Blue"]DES-ECB [DCW][/COLOR]
STB<=received [COLOR="Blue"]DES-ECB [DCW][/COLOR]
STB==pass the received [COLOR="Blue"]DES-ECB [DCW][/COLOR] to its specific [COLOR="Blue"]DES-ECB Hardware Decoder[/COLOR] to decode TS Video and Audio.

and the loops repeats...

The problem with most STB's are designed with just CAS Hardware Decoder and to be able to decode Video and Audio they require DES-ECB Hardware Decoder instead. So no maters what we do with SBLC/OSCAM/FAUSTO/VPLUG they do not have the internal hardware decoder to decode a TS encrypted Audio/Video.

n3ur0 thanks for your explanation, now I see you point.

It is a lot more than a simple adjustment.
Implementing the powervu algorithm would be the easy part. The problem arises because oscam only handles one CW for audio and video. Powervu uses two. Furthemore oscam provides the DCWs to the CSA descramber. It would have to be amended to provide the powervu A & V control words to the DES descrambler and almost certainly new drivers written to use them correctly..

For dreambox,your best solution would be to use a plugin that send the ECM to PC,DES video/audio decrypt there,and send back to dreambox player.

What is really important is that DES decrypt requires a lot of power from the PC

Now dream_fun is trying to establish that even thoght Hardware is missing we could try to implement a software solution in a programmable STB like dreambox or many other linux boxes.

He is establishing
...What is really important is that DES decrypt requires a lot of power from the PC [/COLOR][/B]

So for that reason he is proposing to create a pluging(software hack) to do.

Here is my suggestion:
PowerVU Plugin for STB/PC Streamer proposed solution. Lets say PC Server may be DVBViewer with Multicast Plugin 1.3 or NetStream Plugin
Code:
STB<=Receive Sat Signal
STB==[COLOR="Indigo"]Extract Encrypted TS(audio/video/ECM/EMM)[/COLOR], yes the whole encrypted ts file.
STB=>send [COLOR="Indigo"]Encrypted TS stream[/COLOR]
PC Server<= received [COLOR="Indigo"]Encrypted TS stream[/COLOR]
PC Server==Decrypt [COLOR="Indigo"]Encrypted TS stream[/COLOR] 
PC Server==In fact DVBViewer has Audio/Video unencrypted as discussed in this forum 
Server=>DVBViewer with Multicast Plugin 1.3 Send [COLOR="Indigo"]Unencrypted TS(audio/video)[/COLOR]
STB<=received [COLOR="Indigo"]Unencrypted TS(audio/video)[/COLOR]
STB==Pluging will just Play Network Stream [COLOR="Indigo"]Unencrypted TS(audio/video)[/COLOR] 

and the loops repeats...

Now a PC may be over kill due to power consumption. But we could use a x86 TV Stick just like wintel o meegopad" Search in ebay for meegopad, wintel, intell tv stick or Atom tv stick. The cost around $115 USD here are some different models

mZySy5wfmeCLc0JKyuFX-Bw.jpg

mZR-UU8JuK5ENOBY9aFAM0Q.jpg

m67JzdTYyhkpLud6E7MG4Cg.jpg

This devices are very low power consumption. Most common features are:
Code:
CPU: Intel Bay Trail-T CR Atom Z3735F Quad-core, Burst frequency up to 1.83GHz.
RAM: 2GB DDR3, ROM: 32GB.
Operation System: Windows 8.1, and compatible with Android 4.4 system (install from the APK).
Support 10 / 100Mbps Ethernet.
Support XBMC (install from the APK).
Network: RTL8723BS/AP6330, IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, 5.0GHz Dual band Wi-Fi.
Support DLNA, Miracast protocol, Bluetooth 4.0.
Support Intel Wireless Display (WiDi).
32-bit Windows 8.1 with Bing preinstalled.
Compatible software: Windows XP, Windows 7, IOS and Android.

Now this is the easy way and the fastest to do for guys with already dreambox or linux boxes.

But I am looking for a new linux box I will consider WeTek Play. Just only becouse is been build for Opensource. Now I do not like that it has an internal USB security dongle. I guees the Clon detector!! And it is prety low in resources
Code:
Specifications
Hardware Processor (CPU) AMLogic AML-8726 MX(1.5 GHz Dual Core)
GPU Mali MP400 (Dual Core)
RAM Memory 1GB DDR III
Flash memory 4GB NAND
       Tuners* Plug & Play
       DVB-S2 (satellite)
       DVB-T/T2/C (cable/terrestial)
       ATSC (over-the-air)
       ISDB-T (terrestrial)
       *can be purchased separately
Wireless LAN 802.11 B/G/N
Bluetooth 4.0
Ethernet 10/100 Mbit
MicroSD 1x
USB 5 (3 external, 2 internal)
SPDIF 1x
Serial Debug Yes, external
A/V Output 1x
HDMI 1x
Power socket DC In
LED 3x (power, LAN, WiFi)
IR Yes
RF With motion RCU

But It is a Open-source Android DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver. The problem is that develop has just started but it already has partial support in Android platforms like Cianogenmod. There is a Ubuntu 14.10 image and the common Openelect and Kody images!!!. Kody has already plugins for regular osacm.

At the manufacturer site they sell for around $115 USD

Now for all the latest to work a new kodi plugin with latest powervu patch has to be build. And a new plugin to warranty DES description if single alone setup is pursue.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
I have 2 concerns!!!

1) Now in a previous post I ask

I understand vu+ duo uses AVL6211 twin tuner. I seen on some forum something like:
Cryto System ... PowerVu (by Ev0)
So do you know, if apart from its name, does the AVL6211 tuner in vu+ duo 'can it do powervu demodulation?'

Yes the name of that box "vu+ duo" suggest is for powervu+, and there is comments in one of the Roms for that box that it has already implemented powervu "Cryto System ... PowerVu (by Ev0)". That box uses "AVL6211 tuner".

It just happens that the WETEK PLAY box I propose to study uses the same tuner type "AVL6211 tuner". Yes a DUAL "AVL6211 tuner", with suggest it could do powervu crypto.

OJO!, EYE on it, what i said is just a suggestion. That is why I ask if it is true that vu+ duo do powervu as suggested in the ROM description.

2) It has been insinuated that OSCAM requires extra patch to handle powervu extra kes. But that is conceivable to me. OSCAM patch was offered as the full solution for power vu. In fact early post claim it was working. Then Anubis_Ir came with VPULG and he even suggested that VPLUG solution came from oscam code.

So all that tells me that OSCAM-patch has fully implemented poewrvu requirements. Or I am wrong!!

I guess the people that had post that had trouble with oscam is because they are trying to us it with STB not capable of DES as described in previous post.

Last edited:

JimBizkit

Registered
OSCAM-patch sends DCW to CSA hardware. this does not work.
it needs to do DES decryption or make use of DES hardware. This part is missing.

mathey

Registered
I've made a test some time ago on Ferguson Ariva 250 and vPlug Server - the server calculated DCW, but screen was black. As I've read here, the problem is DES decryption, what was mentioned above. I was afraid, that ALi M3606 based Ariva don't have support for DES, but I found this information on Network:

...M3606/M3701 series with a comprehensive embedded security chip encryption / decryption functions, including DES, AES and DVB descramblers, etc., will support all the advanced security features...

So if that's true - does it depend on stb software to run DES against CSA or on vPlug Server to send back appropriate packet?

dale_para_bajo

Registered
OSCAM-patch sends DCW to CSA hardware. this does not work.
it needs to do DES decryption or make use of DES hardware. This part is missing.

Your comments is right, I am not sure if I understood you but let me refrece your comments
OSCAM-patch sends DCW to CSA hardware. this does not work...

Under the assumption of a none DES stb hook to oscam. 100% true.

...it needs to do DES decryption or make use of DES hardware. This part is missing.

Here is where I do not know at what you refer when you say "it".
If "it" is the STB yes 100% true.

Please keep in mind that without the previews proposed hack by dream_fun all "des decryption" of Audio & Video has to be performed inside STB.

I've made a test some time ago on Ferguson Ariva 250 and vPlug Server - the server calculated DCW, but screen was black. As I've read here, the problem is DES decryption, what was mentioned above. I was afraid, that ALi M3606 based Ariva don't have support for DES, but I found this information on Network:

Code:
...M3606/M3701 series with a comprehensive embedded security chip encryption / decryption functions, including DES, AES and DVB descramblers, etc., will support all the advanced security features...

So if that's true - does it depend on stb software to run DES against CSA or on vPlug Server to send back appropriate packet?

Again under a normal Client<=>Server sharing only 1 ECM is sent by the Client & 1 DCW ( 1 meaning only one of the two available DCW0 or DCW1 is used) is return to the receiver for both Audio and Video decrypting inside the STB. SO yes

It been said here that powervu uses 2 different DCW's one for Video and one different for Audio decrypting. So here is the first deference. Now I do not know what type of protocol is been implemented to transfer the two different DCW, or if in fact a simple CAMD protocol can do it since CAND already send 2 DCW, DCW0 for current decrypting and DCW1 for Future decrypting. But only one is used to decrypt both Video & Audio. Keep in mind that Current and Future DCW is not equal at requiring 2 deterrents DCW to open Video and Audio apart at any given time.

So going back to your question
...So if that's true - does it depend on stb software to run DES against CSA or on vPlug Server to send back appropriate packet?

Asuming we are not doing any hack to stream unencrypted TS back to receiver as explain in previous post. So under normal circumstances:

1) does it depend on stb software to run DES against CSA => Yes STB needs to know what decryption method needs to apply.

2) or on vPlug Server to send back appropriate packet? => NO Under what I understand there is no way that a CSA Key will open a DES Encrypted Data. I can imagine where your confusion comes, because the VPLUG hack in ALTDVB also rename a DES dll to be use for a CSA dll. That rename hack was just done to fool ALTDVB to use the new developed dll without the need to Compile a new ALTDVB program.

But "vPlug Server" will need "to send back appropriate packet?" in terms that a a New or Old protocol has to be used for the 2 different DCWs that seems to be required Aidio and Video apart.

There is another Issue that is been forgotten. In colibry site he post

"PowerVu with CSA instead of DES.pdf"
he wrote:
Since years I know that the newer PowerVu IRDs can also use CSA instead of DES because I have
partially disassembled the IRD firmware, but since a few days I saw that CSA not only possible, but
is really used.

Last edited:

dale_para_bajo

Registered
HI!!!!

I would buy a dvb-s2 to see both the encoding PowerVu than using it for feeds 4 : 2 : 2 also encoded .
which card do you recommend ?
Can I use a TBS-usb or be only a pci card ?

thanks!!!

Almost any DVB-S2 PC-SAT can be used. Regardless of PCI/USB. PC-SAT just required to send encrypted ts data to PC Program. I am not sure but I think that not even PC program may be important. As after decrypting I think only the LAV Codec is in charge of Mpeg decodification.

The only problem I had found with time is that PCSAT tent to get pretty Hot. Mine is an old USB Qbox DVB-S2. If I unhook it to the USB and reconnect while connected to Windows I get a FATAL Blue Screen and it shutdown.

iq180

Registered
From what I understand there will be a new tuner for the DM800 and
the DM800se on or around May 15/2015, the tuner will have a usb
flash port for software upgrade, the receiver will have e2 software
on it.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
Now the problem is what will be the cost? Same as a new receiver?
If you do not have one,what is the cost of a DM800?

A new PCSAT USB can cost as low as $69 USD for for example TBS5922SE USB DVB S2.

Now lets say you do not want to use a PC. Most of People have HDMI TVs so a new let say wintel TV Box with WIN8/WIN7 will cost you about $115 - $125 USD. Around $200 for a new package.

And this is proven open shared technology and do not depend on a Special Designed Tuner controlled by who knows. Well this Is how I think, but if you already have the DM800 and the cost of new tuner is fair I guess many will consider.

dale_para_bajo

Registered
changed oscam-emu, pass ecm PV, reads the keys but it is a problem with the DCW:
Code:
DCW:
8E C4 A0 56 B2 0E 6C 8E - AltDVB2.2.0.3912: correct 
8F C4 A1 57 B3 0E 6D 8F - oscam-emu

some bytes are one less...each time a different byte
somewhere in the source is small ERROR

Both are correct.
oscam-emu also fixed DES paritiy, so it is "more" cvorrect than AltDVB, but both work, because des parity does not matter.

I been reading and SatSmash seems correct, from wiki at h__p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_Encryption_Standard I read

The key is nominally stored or transmitted as 8 bytes, each with odd parity. According to ANSI X3.92-1981 (Now, known as ANSI INCITS 92-1981), section 3.5:

One bit in each 8-bit byte of the KEY may be utilized for error detection in key generation, distribution, and storage. Bits 8, 16,..., 64 are for use in ensuring that each byte is of odd parity.

So it seems yes "oscam-emu also fixed DES parity, so it is "more" correct than AltDVB"

Wao for me that a waist of bits.

Listen guys I do not have yet Satellite system setup, so I can not test. I am only learning about this. Yes i a newbee too, but like to learn.

Can some buddy with POSITIVE test with oscam tell me:

1) if oscam is in fact decoding and sending 2 DCW as explained ( One for Audio one for Video)

2) What card-sharing protocol is using to send the 2 DCW's.

3) What type of receiver you are using?

Last edited:

n3ur0

Donating Member
if anyone has a spare time:

receiver (dreambox, etc.) -> UDP transmission TS -> tsdecrypt -> VLC stream or locally at the receiver

The source of the CAS to change the DES and connect with oscam-emu
https://github.com/gfto/tsdecrypt

This is just one of the simple solutions