7.3W NORTH WEST AFRICA BEAM reception reports

pedro2000uk

Registered
Anyone receiving the North West Africa beam on 7.3w E7WA / Nilesat 104 in the UK? just trying to map out it's fringe reception coverage after it popped up on a blind scan.

It looks like it's maybe [wild guesstimate atm] 1m 1.1m on the south coast... 1.2 in London.. 1.35m in the Midlands, 1.5m south of Manchester [where I spotted it], so maybe 1.8m at Manchester lats, 2.4m-3m_ north of Manchester & those are first reception levels without too much margin.

It hasn't got the footy on it & several tps are using very low error correction with dvb-s2/8psk but 11560 v 27500 is a bit more ... forgiving.

Martin.Wigston

Registered
I get it on a 1.1m dish in the East Mids, although some channels are borderline when it's cloudy, like tonight and impossible in medium/heavy rain

pedro2000uk

Registered
I get it on a 1.1m dish in the East Mids, although some channels are borderline when it's cloudy, like tonight and impossible in medium/heavy rain

Does that include 11560 v 27500 mbc channels.

I've had surprisingly good results on 1.1 installs in the East Midlands for the MENA beam on 7.3w keeping JSC Sports / Bein Sports in heavy rain so is a good area but would be really good if it includes the North Africa Maghreb beam. (Be nice if mbc would up the fec to 3/4 (or even 2/3).. that should nail it for most with decent 90s -1.1s)

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Martin.Wigston

Registered
Does that include 11560 v 27500 mbc channels.

I've had surprisingly good results on 1.1 installs in the East Midlands for the MENA beam on 7.3w keeping JSC Sports / Bein Sports in heavy rain so is a good area but would be really good if it includes the North Africa Maghreb beam. (Be nice if mbc would up the fec to 3/4 (or even 2/3).. that should nail it for most with decent 90s -1.1s)

Thanks guys

Ahh sorry I thought E7WA was all on the same beam, no I dont think I can get that, certainly dont have any of the mbc channels scanned in.

To be certain I would have to check at night, get a better lock at night compared to daytime.

pedro2000uk

Registered
Ahh sorry I thought E7WA was all on the same beam, no I dont think I can get that, certainly dont have any of the mbc channels scanned in.

To be certain I would have to check at night, get a better lock at night compared to daytime.

Not to worry. . Would have been nice though

I think you are right about there being a cycle .. haven't quite mapped it out just yet to remove changing weather effects but I think generally later on is better a bit like the old nilesats but no so pronounced.