Go Back   Sat Universe > HDTV > Cuberevo - Ipbox 9000 > Cuberevo - Ipbox 9000 Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

***Loading Enigma 2 using USB stick for Cuberevo/IP Box 9000HD for Newbies***

Cuberevo - Ipbox 9000 Chat

Old 18-10-2009, 12:07  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff daddy View Post
Yeah reflash is probably required.
Well, reflashed with this image
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=133188

No change unfortunately. Still sticks at MULTIBOOT 2 on startup.

Not sure where to go from here...
Old 18-10-2009, 13:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

even with sifteam 10513 in flash,i installed the multiboot,then followed instructions,took me 3 attempts for it to work,but thats me,lol.i used the 8gb micro sandisk cruzer
Sponsored Links
Old 18-10-2009, 13:31  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I take it you have installed latest sifteam image & it works fine when u select option 3

Is it case of E2 is installed ok onto USB stick but does not boot when selecting option 2

Quote:
Well, reflashed with this image
http://www.sat-universe.com/showthread.php?t=133188

No change unfortunately. Still sticks at MULTIBOOT 2 on startup.

Not sure where to go from here...
Old 18-10-2009, 13:40  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

could be an uncompatible USB stick as well, i just bought a 2gb sandisk cruzer from comet for £6 , it worked first time.
Old 18-10-2009, 14:33  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

tried 3 different sticks - PNY 1gb, some generic 2GB and a Kingston Datatraveller 16GB
Old 18-10-2009, 14:35  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catseye View Post
I take it you have installed latest sifteam image & it works fine when u select option 3

Is it case of E2 is installed ok onto USB stick but does not boot when selecting option 2
Sorry, catseye, didn't see this at first.

Yes - that's correct. Pressing 2 leads to MULTIBOOT 2 screen and never changes. If I restart it stays on BOOTING.
If I restart and press 3, it says MULTIBOOT 3 and after about 20 seconds goes to load flash image.

I've just seen there is a new DGStation image out along with a SIFTeam version. I think I'll upgrade to this then try again.
Old 18-10-2009, 18:18  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Let box boot with DGS based flash image 1st

Then follow steps as per previous instructions to see if USB stick is installed

Using DCC program log into box with name -root & password relook

Then select FTP, then mnt, if stick is installed you should see USB & then USB0

If you cant see this it means USB stick isnt installed properly

Quote:
Sorry, catseye, didn't see this at first.

Yes - that's correct. Pressing 2 leads to MULTIBOOT 2 screen and never changes. If I restart it stays on BOOTING.
If I restart and press 3, it says MULTIBOOT 3 and after about 20 seconds goes to load flash image.

I've just seen there is a new DGStation image out along with a SIFTeam version. I think I'll upgrade to this then try again.
Old 19-10-2009, 11:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catseye View Post
Let box boot with DGS based flash image 1st

Then follow steps as per previous instructions to see if USB stick is installed

Using DCC program log into box with name -root & password relook

Then select FTP, then mnt, if stick is installed you should see USB & then USB0

If you cant see this it means USB stick isnt installed properly
Yep, done all that.

I can telnet to box and see /mnt/usb/usb0. FTPed to box to copy the image file (tried both PKT v 5.5 and PKT v6.0)and unpacked image using TAR - no errors shown. Ran sync and waited a while to ensure all data written to USB.

I thought the problem was in the boot image so I did a complete reflash with new SIFteam image (11102 I think) - that still didn't work. I reflashed with the multiboot image and that ended up with an Error 79. This relates to a wrong DB version (as far as I can tell).

At this stage, I got sick of messing around so just flashed with SIFteams 6.0 Enigma2 image and am working on that for the moment.

I would prefer to use the DGStation images but there is a (for me) major bug in that timeshift/recording of HD channels doesn't record sound as it only records the normal stereo channels not the Dolby sound. Enigma2 doesn't have this problem.
Old 19-10-2009, 19:05  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

I need some help i can see usb0 but i can not unmount it i get the following

welcome to cuberevo
cuberevo login: root
Password:
System bootup in progress - please wait
[Disconnect bypassed -- root login allowed.]
CubeRevo
Custom release - No Limits Board --> http://www.nlb.to

Release Edition - nlb10513
[NLB cuberevo /]$ mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/mtdblock4 on /var type jffs2 (rw)
none on /mnt type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
none on /tmp/mqueue type mqueue (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
/dev/sda2 on /media type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
/dev/sdb2 on /mnt/usb/usb0 type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
[NLB cuberevo /]$ unmount/mnt/usb/usb0
-sh: unmount/mnt/usb/usb0: No such file or directory
[NLB cuberevo /]$ unmount /mnt/usb/usb0
-sh: unmount: command not found
[NLB cuberevo /]$

where am i going wrong?

cheers
Old 19-10-2009, 20:02  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

command is umount not unmount
The Following User Says Thank You to guff daddy For This Useful Post:
Bacardi (19-10-2009)