HDTV Jerking Picture on FTA

telewestTUM

Registered
Sometimes my CubeRevo minis picture starts to jerk as if it cant keep up with the video

It happens on both FTA BBCHD and Sky HD channels

has anyone else had this issue? it usually happens after ive been recording for a while and even after ive stopped i have to remove the hard drive and turn off the box at the wall before it goes back to normal

Timeshift is turned off also

the Hard drive is connected via a eSATA cable and ive no idea whether it is ext 3 or 3

DKaftermath

Registered
Mine stutters badly on BBCHD , always has done on any image.

also i often get glitches on other HD channels after about 10 mins, i believe its still a bug with the IPbox and HD decoding.

It gets even worse when recording an HD channel, it is unbearable to watch.

daxv8

Registered
Hi

I am using the IP9000 and if you set the HDMI 1080p 24 then you do get jerky images set to 1080i and the picture quality is great no issues and ITV HD .Worth checking the set up.

Cheers

bobdisk

Registered
Jerky

I get the jerks on most channels, especially HD, although its not as bad as some here have. It seems that it has not got a big enough buffer memory to keep up, so it pauses to fill up. I get around it by a few seconds after selecting a channel, press pause for 20-30 seconds, and then you are watching 20-30 seconds behind live. This then acts as a buffer, and there is no jerking at all.:D