Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or pop-under ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

World-Of-Satellite

Dying LNB?

Signal Reception

Old 16-11-2017, 16:00  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Question Dying LNB?

Hi all, just wondered if anybody can help. I've recently bought a satellite PCI card for my computer, and have been playing with the spectrum analyzer/blind scan in DVB Dream. I've noticed that I'm not getting any signal on the high vertical band of my quad Inverto Black LNB.

Initially I thought that it was a problem with the card/drivers - but after testing signals on an actual satellite receiever too, I'm also seeing that there's barely any signal on anything high+vertical. In fact, only a couple of TP's on 13E come through on that part of the band!!

I understand that LNB's can blow (and it's possible that I may have shorted it with a loose connection or something) - but would it cause ALL of the 4 outputs to fail at that band? I though that a quad LNB was essentially like having 4 seperate ones?

I'm not sure how long it's been like this for (as I only tend to use the satellite to pick up feeds, which are usually low band), but anybody know what's could of caused it, and if there's a way to fix?

Here's the shots of the spectrum analyzer
7E: https://imgur.com/LoGwUaQ
13E: https://imgur.com/K4GdPPA