Help with motorised dish

meho7

Registered
Got a used Bigsat SG2100BS(i think its the same as a moteck) and i just cant configure it at all. I've put in the right elevation and inclination angles and can't get anything but Astra 19.2E. My receiver is a a Vu+Solo, i've also edited the latitude and longitude coordinates into the receiver.I just don't understand what im doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a few pics of my setup.
https://imgur.com/a/hvtBKUo

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
How plumb is that scaffold pole ? Need to be perfect.

manic01

Super VIP
Got a used Bigsat SG2100BS(i think its the same as a moteck) and i just cant configure it at all. I've put in the right elevation and inclination angles and can't get anything but Astra 19.2E. My receiver is a a Vu+Solo, i've also edited the latitude and longitude coordinates into the receiver.I just don't understand what im doing wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here's a few pics of my setup.
https://imgur.com/a/hvtBKUo
Whats the usals setting? Where are you located?
Is that pole straight, or as ferret says you have no hope.
Usals can be used to set up on any sat, but everything needs to be plumb to start with.
Those elevation figures are just a guide.
Try set up on bbc world 1 west and see what you get on there.

meho7

Registered
Whats the usals setting? Where are you located?
Is that pole straight, or as ferret says you have no hope.
Usals can be used to set up on any sat, but everything needs to be plumb to start with.
Those elevation figures are just a guide.
Try set up on bbc world 1 west and see what you get on there.
I have the Config mode to Simple
CTqwlJ1.jpg

I'm from Slovenia. I took out the spirit level and it's not completely straight :( . Guess thats it?

Last edited:

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
CTqwlJ1.jpg

I'm from Slovenia. I took out the spirit level and it's not completely straight :( . Guess thats it?

Could see from the picture it looked off straight, sort that first and then refer to the other points manic01 mentioned.

Mikelsat

Registered
CTqwlJ1.jpg

You're latitude should be set to North, eg: google - long lat Celje = 46.2397° N, 15.2677° E

meho7

Registered
OMG Mikelsat
tyvm!!!
It's working now

edit: Seems like not all sats are working

Last edited: