4:2:2 What Receivers?

serkanguzel

Registered
yes I know, but I think you misunderstood my question

let's explain ;

i am doing on device local streaming with software based re-encode, but my device (vu+duo2) processor insufficient and re-encoding = 1fps
If the re-encoding is 25fps, it can be viewed on the e2device without the need of pc.
That's why I wanted to know how powerful the processor is.
otherwise I will need to buy a device to learn it (eg. vu+ ultimo4k)

I mentioned it here, In my previous message ;
1. The power of the 4K processors is enough. ( Mpeg4 up to 1080p )

whakanw

Registered
Lg 32LF630V-ZA ledthis television has a blind Scan feature that yelvizyon feed solves the broadcast

Last edited:

dog-man

VIP
Donating Member
I think any television will display a 4.2.2 image. I use a computer and PC card connected to my television to display 4.2.2 feeds.

kebien

Registered
I don't see why not my 8 year old Sony Bravia supports 4:2:2

I think you are mistaken.
If you send the video from PC to your TV,you are not sending a 4:2:2 signal to TV,you are rendering the 4:2:2 video in your PC,the video card output is set to 4:2:0.

Now,if you tell me you put the 4:2:2 video in a usb stick,then you plug this stick in the TV and it plays it,or if you can play it through the network as a media file,then you can be correct.

Martin.Wigston

Registered
I think you are mistaken.
If you send the video from PC to your TV,you are not sending a 4:2:2 signal to TV,you are rendering the 4:2:2 video in your PC,the video card output is set to 4:2:0.

Now,if you tell me you put the 4:2:2 video in a usb stick,then you plug this stick in the TV and it plays it,or if you can play it through the network as a media file,then you can be correct.

With the LAV video codec you can select output formats, at 4:4:4 I got no picture but with just 4:2:2 selected the picture was outputted just fine at 8-bit but not 10 or 16-bit

sattechtips

Registered
With the LAV video codec you can select output formats, at 4:4:4 I got no picture but with just 4:2:2 selected the picture was outputted just fine at 8-bit but not 10 or 16-bit

Yes, but @kebien say if you play 4:2:2 files with internal player of TV will not play 4:2:2 or with stream send by enigma2 to tv also will not play 4:2:2, you play on your pc and you connect pc to tv.

kebien

Registered

You are not sending to TV directly from your LAV filter,it goes through your video card.
Well,your video card output does no support 4:2:2 output,you are sending a 1080/720 signal that IS NOT 4:2:2.
And that's what your TV receives.

I think you do not understand video rendering in PC is not the same as your video card output to TV.

Try yourself to render this 4:2:2 file using as media your TV plays through network or USB stick.
That is the ONLY way to confirm your TV plays mpeg2/mpeg4 4:2:2 chroma,which it won't,of course

william-1

Feed Hunter
There has only been these 2 in the last couple of years:-
AZBox Premium + & AZBox Elite but no upgrades for MPEG-4 in 4:2:2 :eek: :(

kebien

Registered
So, anything out there that can do 4:2:2 in UHD?

Not even one that can do HD mp4 4:2:2 (beside commercial,and with no chance of hacking)
And probably won't be.

Not sure about chipsets that support those profiles in a consumer receiver,either.

serkanguzel

Registered
So, anything out there that can do 4:2:2 in UHD?

Next best thing would be a GPU that can do it. Anything yet?

For 4;2;2 all GPUs are enough. ( Windows or linux PCs only... not android ! )

Of course, with the help and use of codecs.( Lav Filters, FFDShow etc )

During 4;2;2 decodes, CPU or GPU usage will be around 35%. ( 8bit & H.264 & 4;2;2 )

UHD & 4;2;2 has not yet been tested.( All UHDs ; 10bit & H.265 )

! For 10bit; first, hardware suitable for 10bit is required.

CPU; Intel coffelake or cabylake architecture CPUs.

GPU; GTX1000 series.( Hardware acceleration capability )

Finally ; 10bit video color depth is too much. Is there a need to use 4;2;2 for 10bit video? I am not sure.

Last edited: