Help. Can't Boot from internal SATA.

Willey

Registered
Hey

heres to summ it up

when i boot on internal sata i come as far as OSD Multiboot 6

it boots fine on enigma with Multiboot2 USB /w Internal HDD
boots fine works like a "charm" with the occacionally GreenScreen.

ive tried copying the files from my usb stick while booted in DGS.
ive tried extracting a new image onto it using a image that works fine when i extract it to USB unit

ive gone to fdisk and set the bootflag for /dev/sda1

ive then made sure to run sync in commandline.

but still it doesnt boot.

hope someone out there can help me

Best Regards
Mr Willey.

Willey

Registered
its working now nvm did the above and i think if im not mistaken used Multiboot 5, though if you have any idea where the multiboot bootlist is located then please enligten me.

zboard

Registered
is this any help:

Then press number button which you want on RCU when start up from shutdown.
Multiboot function supports as below style.

# 1 boot with CDKroot(NFS)
# 2 boot from USB memory stick, with internal HDD
# 3 original images as current flash memory
# 4 boot with NFS
# 5 boot from USB memory stick, but without internal HDD
# 6 boot from internal SATA HDD
# 7 boot from flash memory for another image

Default value : no.3

Willey

Registered
do i realy have to boot with my usb stick with working bootable version to run it off the internal SATA HDD?

Willey

Registered
i see i must be booting from the usb then i use menu option 5 to boot still in need of help are you the expert or have idea what to do please help me.

Best regards
mr Willey

Willey

Registered
Hmm Works now

strange since i didnt do anything different.

last actions were that i booted menu 5
fdisk /dev/sda
p
checked for bootflag
q
umount /dev/sda1
reboot -f while holding button 6 on remote

the list was great though ive seen it other places, but ofc little unsure weather it was validate info.

Best Regards
Mr Willey

Willey

Registered
Internal FLASH NLB 12413.

USB ACT 096 Rev mod1

SATA ACT 096 Rev mod1

sata is partitioned as following

/dev/sda1 ext2 bootflagged a small disk for the boot partition
/dev/sda2 ext2 rest of my drive to store TV recordings ect.

if i boot from menu 2 transfer file to hdd
reboot it boot from 5 USB without internal hdd.
let the image install it self
then boot from Internal SATA then it works

ive tried this twice im going for a third time, if the box freezez and i reboot it im more or less back at step 1 booting from usb with internal hdd.

i just finished my third try and be damned i rebooted after ive installed it and boom it still not working.

after install on sata and boot on internal sata, i reboot and it just says booting nothing else. help plz

zboard

Registered
sounds like you will need to modifiy the uboot script then, i will keep an eye out for you, and post back when i find it.

Willey

Registered
Zboard: ive been looking for a guide for that just havnt found anything usefull yet if you come across it i would be delighted if you would share it.

Best Regards
Mr Willey

zboard

Registered
uboot scripts

hi there in the sif/nlb imgs dgs based that have u boot built in to it. you will need putty set to com 115200 baud, press ctrl + z so that when the box boots up it says console on the front.

Be very careful how you do the next tasks because these are the most important to get it to succeed.

Copy and paste the following without any space at the start and end of Text selection then press ENTER in PUTTY console window – remember to change sdb1 to sda1 depending on if you have HDD or not.

Copy and paste:

setenv menu_1 'setenv bootargs "console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 root=/dev/mtdblock3 bigphysarea=1500";setenv bootcmd "bootm a0060000";save;boot'

PRESS ENTER in CONSOLE - you may get an error message saying “’setenv’ is not recognised command. Simply ignore this and re-paste the same text again and press ENTER again. This second time – there is no error message.

Then Copy and paste below, changing the ip and gateway address to your own network:

setenv menu_2 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.74;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootide "run bootargside;ide reset;ext2load ide 0:2 a5ff0000 boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";setenv bootargside "setenv bootargs console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 bigphysarea=10240 root=/dev/sda2 rw rootfstype=ext2 init=/bin/devinit ip=$ipaddr::$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000";setenv bootcmd "run bootide";save;boot'

PRESS ENTER in CONSOLE again and everything will be fine – no error message.

Next copy and paste again this line below:

setenv menu_3 'setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.74;setenv gateway 192.168.1.1;setenv netmask 255.255.255.0;setenv bootusb "run bootargsusb;usb reset;ext2load usb 0:1 a5ff0000 boot/uImage;bootm a5ff0000";setenv bootargside "setenv bootargs console=ttyAS1,115200 panic=3 bigphysarea=10240 root=/dev/sdb1 rw rootfstype=ext2 init=/bin/devinit ip=$ipaddr::$gateway:$netmask mem=128m coprocessor_mem=4m@0x10000000,4m@0x10400000";setenv bootcmd "run bootusb";save;boot'

PRESS ENTER in CONSOLE again and everything will be fine – no error message

Then type “saveenv” without quotes “” in console and press ENTER. – you will see a screen similar to below:

cuberevo-mini> saveenv
Saving Environment to Flash...
Un-Protected 1 sectors
Erasing Flash...
Erased 1 sectors
Writing to Flash... done
Protected 1 sectors

then shut down putty and turn your box off at the back then back on.

If this worked all ok choose the option you want.

1) box flash
2) hdd img
3) usb img