OCTAGON SX88 H.265 HEVC HD

Francescone

Well Known Member
That's a very good news! Just read the other thread regarding SX88+ but DD+ was not mentioned, so your information is very useful.
Do you know if a combo version is planned? Thanks.

aranycsapat

Registered
Dt4azNn.jpg

I've this problem (see image attached) from today when I plugIN the receiver, black screen and does not recognize any input from remote.
Please help me

aranycsapat

Registered
I need help from users of Octagon SX88
I need a copy of the binary of OSCAM, because I have lost it from receiver.
It is in this directory into FTP
/home/gx/local/oscam/oscam-gx
Please send to me through private message, thanks.

vakula

Super VIP
Can someone gently explain, why this box after scanning the 10747 V 4000 on 10°E
found only ZAPVIVAHD VSAT ( MULTISTREAM 173) and not found the other channel on the same TP: TLN NETWORK ( MULTISTREAM 171)
regards

bkatbim

Registered
I need help from users of Octagon SX88
I need a copy of the binary of OSCAM, because I have lost it from receiver.
It is in this directory into FTP
/home/gx/local/oscam/oscam-gx
Please send to me through private message, thanks.

did you got chance to install it your self /

mich33

Registered
Hi,i updated the octagon sx88 firmware to the unofficial SW 10470 from july last year as that seems to be the latest unofficial firmware and also downloaded a multisat channel list but now the powervu keys for the sis racing on 4.8 east do not seem to auto update anymore to clear the channels like they used to so have to manually add the keys so wondering if someone might know what the problem might be or does the octagon sx88 still auto update the keys for these channels,thanks.

MrZeta

Somebody knows how can i do for the receiver makes autoroll on powervu? I don't know how can insert the EMM or aditional information for make the receiver do this. Please help!

Last edited:

vakula

Super VIP
Somebody knows how can i do for the receiver makes autoroll on powervu? I don't know how can insert the EMM or aditional information for make the receiver do this. Please help!

What channels are you trying to open?
Mine SX88 clears mostly PV ( no AFN )
Have the latest firmware

MrZeta

What channels are you trying to open?
Mine SX88 clears mostly PV ( no AFN )
Have the latest firmware

I need to open a mux that is not on the default settings of Octagon firmware (113w mux). I know how can put the actual keys, but during the days the keys are changing so i want that the receiver makes the autoroll, and thats the thing that im trying to find out.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Octagon SX88+ & SX88,

To answer some of the questions in this thread:-

These receivers support Multi-Streams, Power Vu & Biss,
French audio fixed on SX88+
No support for Tandberg,
Only single tuner receivers available in this range,

Built in wireless version of SX88+ now available,

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.u...tal-receivers/multistream-satellite-receivers,

Excellent supported Firmware updates via Ethernet,
On Screen message New SW version available,
Regular updates Press yes to download,

The Octagon SX88+ is an excellent receiver for watching normal DTH TV of feed hunting.

Last edited:

donvito80

Octagon SX88+ & SX88,

Excellent supported Firmware updates via Ethernet,
On Screen message New SW version available,
Regular updates Press yes to download,

The Octagon SX88+ is an excellent receiver for watching normal DTH TV of feed hunting.

Firmware updates that mean nothing to DX. Blindscan with no scanning range and polarity selection, is poorly suited for searching for feed hunting.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Firmware updates that mean nothing to DX. Blindscan with no scanning range and polarity selection, is poorly suited for searching for feed hunting.

Believe it or not the Blind Scan on these receivers SX88 range is very efficient & thorough I have been feed hunting for over 20 years & still use my TM6902HD & TM5302HD has they all have their usages,

It is nice to set your own blind scan range but when the SX88 receivers can scan the whole Ku band in less time than it takes to boil an egg I will choose the Octagon SX88 Blind Scan as it is much easier & faster.:thum:

vakula

Super VIP
Believe it or not the Blind Scan on these receivers SX88 range is very efficient & thorough I have been feed hunting for over 20 years & still use my TM6902HD & TM5302HD has they all have their usages,

It is nice to set your own blind scan range but when the SX88 receivers can scan the whole Ku band in less time than it takes to boil an egg I will choose the Octagon SX88 Blind Scan as it is much easier & faster.:thum:
Confirm and pay (agree:D:rolleyes: )
One other thing you forgotten...
SX family has hardware blindscan, that gave's you almost double faster instead "classic"(software) blindscan's other boxes has it on.