OCTAGON SX88 H.265 HEVC HD

Skideric

Registered
Here goes again.
Got this box coming in a couple days from US Dealer with US Sats/Channels Loaded.Glad to hear about PV/Biss Support!Wish there was a N/S America Softcam File for it.
But i do have 3 GSKY V7 Boxes anyways!

zayden

So "unofficial" software can be written to this ? Is It not check-summed or is that a side effect of this being Linux based ?

Last edited:

LoveMyDish

On the unofficial firmware, what is the FTP password?
and
where do you get the latest unofficial from? Is there a site that has a version list of unofficials?
Also, when i try and FTP in, it tells me my connection was purposefully refused. So, Its like its blocking my IP??

Last edited:

chepor

hi.
It´s possible play 4k films from a hard disk connected to this decoder in h.265 format video?
Thanks

natedogg20050

Donating Member
On the unofficial firmware, what is the FTP password?
and
where do you get the latest unofficial from? Is there a site that has a version list of unofficials?
Also, when i try and FTP in, it tells me my connection was purposefully refused. So, Its like its blocking my IP??

you need to enable ftp on the box menu

i think that the password was sky123 but i will check it for you

natedogg20050

Donating Member
So "unofficial" software can be written to this ? Is It not check-summed or is that a side effect of this being Linux based ?

its linux but closed source , it runs also unofficial oscam so you could compile your own oscam if you know what they used.

LoveMyDish

Thank you.. I'm in..

How do you watch the satellite channels through webpage?? When i goto the IP address of the machine, it just netsettings, iptv and stb update.

How do you get to where it lists the channels?

natedogg20050

Donating Member
Thank you.. I'm in..

How do you watch the satellite channels through webpage?? When i goto the IP address of the machine, it just netsettings, iptv and stb update.

How do you get to where it lists the channels?

Thats a bit tricky , you need to use Kodi or any other DLNA Device to grab the links out of your box.

(it works also just fine with PS4 or Xbox One)

Here is how to do with Kodi.

Go to Kodi on Mac or Windows go to Video press add Video Playlist go to DLNA Devices wait for your box to Appear ... than select MS go to the folder and select live tv add this folder to kodi and press okay.

After that you can select your channels and watch even 4:2:2 Mpeg 2 (H264 is Buggy on Mac).

to find out the links for other players like vlc just go to your kodi logs you will find something like http://yourip:port of the box/ url of the video.ts

LoveMyDish

I have tried to update my channels with dreamedit, and I see the files are copied over too : /home/gx/local/enigma_db
But, i reboot, and it still shows the previous satellites etc...

What am i doing wrong?

mikeisyou

Thanks for the updates on this receiver, I'm very tempted in buying it.

Would it be possible to have some screenshots of the "0000" BISS menu? I assume it works in a similar fashion as the Openbox/Skybox receivers whereby you enter the key in manually?

Also, apologies if already mentioned but A) Is CCCam possible on this receiver? B) Can you stream channels over the network like with Openwebif?

Likewise, I'm having some issues access the CAS menu in the settings, I've tried 0000, 6363, 3636, 0088 but nothing changes. I'm using the official software will it work with this? Please can someone post screenshots of this.

Youknowme02

Likewise, I'm having some issues access the CAS menu in the settings, I've tried 0000, 6363, 3636, 0088 but nothing changes. I'm using the official software will it work with this? Please can someone post screenshots of this.

That is your problem, you need to use the unofficial firmware.. 51 is the newest version.