OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

william-1

Feed Hunter
Still no Blind Scan implementation by the time they get around to it the box will be obsolete :confused:

Ramboide

Still no Blind Scan implementation by the time they get around to it the box will be obsolete :confused:

As usual, the deficiencies of the functions and the technical deficiencies are solved in the following model of the brand or manufacturer, not with an update. If you want things that are missing in the model you have, buy the next one, the current model will remain as it is forever.

Octagon SF 8008
https://octagon-forum.eu/threads/octagon-sf8008-4k-uhd-e2-dvb-s2x-dvb-c-t2.2907/

molhopicante

Donating Member
Or don't buy the next model and instead buy another brand.

I gave the 4008 to my dad and bought a DM920, and it was the best thing i did.

Octagon, never again...

Ramboide

There is version of OpenATV 6.2 for Octagon SF 8008, it seems to be that have the same tuner, it has blind scan, but the image is not compatible with Octagon SF 4008; it can be charged, but does not work, it remains in "booting...", but it can be restored with the backup made before. The bugs of Otagon SF 4008 are forever, only solved in newer models. I hate brands and manufacturers that make this, Octagon is not the only one, is have seen that is usual of cheap brands of no-Linux receivers, but I see that this happens also on some Linux receivers.

Last edited:

Ramboide

Or don't buy the next model and instead buy another brand.

I gave the 4008 to my dad and bought a DM920, and it was the best thing i did.

Octagon, never again...

I am considering buying another brand, although is more expensive, but it seems to be that it is not worth to buy another Octagon.

kaza7

Registered
Anyway, I tested the new sf8008 and everything is working fine!
Just hope no bugs in the future.