OCTAGON SX88 H.265 HEVC HD

mich33

Registered
Just bought the octagon sx88 and rather impressed,just found out it also auto updates powervu channels on afn on 9 east and sis racing on 4.9 east after about 5-10 minutes without manually adding the keys in the secret menu so hopefully a firmware update might fix tandberg for arena sports 39 east and even better the premiership football on 7 and 10 east when a fix comes available.

Last edited:

mich33

Registered
Please could someone tell me if these firmware updates have to be put on in sequence,for example the box came with v1.04.15 firmware on it and after that i put v1.04.18 on the box so obviously i have missed a few in between and noticed today v1.04.20 has come out,will it make any difference thanks.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Please could someone tell me if these firmware updates have to be put on in sequence,for example the box came with v1.04.15 firmware on it and after that i put v1.04.18 on the box so obviously i have missed a few in between and noticed today v1.04.20 has come out,will it make any difference thanks.

All the latest upgrades are included in the latest patch.

dankargo

Donating Member
Thanks for the updates on this receiver, I'm very tempted in buying it.

Would it be possible to have some screenshots of the "0000" BISS menu? I assume it works in a similar fashion as the Openbox/Skybox receivers whereby you enter the key in manually?

Also, apologies if already mentioned but A) Is CCCam possible on this receiver? B) Can you stream channels over the network like with Openwebif?

Last edited:
C

campag5242

Sorry no screenshot but yes, manual key entry. Digits 0-9 by keypad or onscreen keyboard, A-F by the onscreen keyboard. You can omit the last checksum & the key will work to speed up key entry. Alas it doesn't recognise a 12-digit key as a CW without checksums for even faster key entry.

BISS keys are stored one per channel by THCAM, so there's no shenanigans with clashes with other feeds like you get with OSCAM.

CCCam is there (untested) either by way of the proprietry "THCAM" emu or OSCAM. The OSCAM binary is visible in the FTP folder, so self-compiled (C-SKY CPU) user-upgrade may be possible if it's a vanilla dvbapi. If it's not, they should publish their sources.

Last edited:

mich33

Registered
Put firmware v1.04.20 on today but no fast key editor menu for biss and powervu channels comes up anymore pressing pin 0000 so went back to firmware v1.04.18 and all ok,can anyone confirm and test firmware v1.04.20 just to check please.

Last edited:

Coastman

Just received this stb and going to set it up but a quick question for anyone who has put the firmware on does it need a factory reset after done or as i read it does a receiver reboot but is this sufficient to get all the functions of the patch?
So which is the best option.

C

campag5242

Take the firmware from the zippyshare link & flash from the on-screen menu.

No need to factory reset. When it reboots, navigate to the Settings menu & key in 6363. A new menu item will then appear at the bottom of the Settings options, on a second page.

There you can choose THCAM or OSCam. THCAM allows you to enter BISS (& PVU) keys with the remote - enter the dummy channel number 0000 whilst watching TV. Haven't really checked it out as an emu for other CAS.

C

campag5242

Has anyone had any success streaming a live channel or recording from this box? My Samsung TV sees the box's DLNA server, but all three displayed folders are empty :(

C

campag5242

@Dragonm It's stated on another forum (by a beta tester) that the chip used does not have the Dolby licence for audio on 5W.

In the kernel log, I see "##WARRING## Register Dolby Codec Failed, NOT -D chip[0], firmware is hard decoder" which seems to be saying the same thing.

Dragonm

Registered
Thanks for the useful reply. It looks like its a no then. Shame because otherwise it has a lot going for it at a good price.

ultra_signal

Registered
Comprei o octagon sx88 e instalai a versão que encontra-se disponivel com as cam 1.20. Porém, não encontrei a forma de editar cccam.cfg como na dream. Alguém tem a lista das biss dos sat 70w, 75w banda c?

faisal6

Well Known Member
hello I would like to know how to connect my octagon sx88 with dcc thanks a greeting