OCTAGON SF4008 4K UHD 2160p Linux E2 Receiver

stpierre

I don't know if I can post a link to another forum ?
But try to search with this :
T2-MI reception on E2 STB with SDG image - A complete step by step guide

aranycsapat

Registered
With a TBS 5925 interface?

The TBS 5925 is not necessary, Octagon SF4008 is capable to open multistream services with proper firmware and image installed.

Hello aranycsapat and thanks,

I think T2-MI is open with stream Relay !

I think not, is the new firmware upgrade, that allow the SF 4008 to open also the T2-MI multistream services. The stream-relay is not mentioned.

stpierre

Hi,

In the picture below, you can see a part of a channel list with the 3 transponders
04.8e 12188,H,IS=10 T2-MI
04.8e 12188,H,IS=20 T2-MI
04.8e 12341,H,IS=30 T2-MI
First sou have to choose one of them (to lock the tuner) and then you can open a channel from this one.
It is really stream relay!

But before you have to install "astra-sm to de-encapsulates T2-MI.

Big thanks to "athoik"

stpierre

Receive the Octagon SF4008 today, test T2-MI 4,8 east...hard work!
04.8e 12188,H,30000,3/4,IS=10 T2-MI
04.8e 12188,H,30000,3/4,IS=20 T2-MI
04.8e 12341,H,30000,3/4,IS=30 T2-MI

Cannot make grab, don't work at the moment with OpenATV 6.

SilverHippy

@William-1

Yeah looks like a very interesting box I've reading all the comments on the forums & once they sort out the blind scan then I might get one, but 10/10 to Octagon for their marketing & support to their customers a lot more customer focused than others.

Regards :thum:

Last edited:

Francescone

Well Known Member
Software or hardware limitation? What about internal tuner? Please note that if tuner is not hardware blind scan capable, it will be always a bad quality blind scan. We saw with Vu+, it needs TBS5925 to really add good blind scan and multistream capabilities.

maxilive

I think it is software limitation...

DescriptionThe Si21662D integrates two separate high-performance digital demodulators for the DVB-S2/S and DVB-S2X standards into a single compact package. Leveraging Silicon Labs' proven digital demodulation architecture, the Si21662D achieves excellent reception performance while significantly minimizing front-end design complexity, cost, and power dissipation. Connecting the Si21662D to a dual satellite tuner, results in a high-performance and cost optimized TV or STB front-end solution.
The satellite reception allows demodulating widespread DVB-S, DIRECTV™ (DSS), DVB-S2, DIRECTV™ (AMC) legacy standards, and new Part II of DVB-S2 (S2X) satellite broadcast standard. A zero-IF interface (differential) allows for a seamless connection to market proven satellite silicon tuners. It also integrates two DiSEqC™ 2.0 LNB interfaces for satellite dish control and, for each satellite demodulator, an equalizer to compensate for echoes in long cable feeds from the LNB to the satellite tuner RF input.
Variable Coding and Modulation (VCM), QPSK/8PSK, 8/16/32APSK demodulation schemes and broadcast services profile are the main specifications of the DVB-S2/S2X demodulator. Silicon Labs' innovative LDPC and BCH decoding architecture delivers best-in-class reception while exhibiting low power dissipation.
The Si21662D offers an on-chip blind scanning algorithm, as well as blind lock function.
The Si21662D embeds two independent programmable transport stream interfaces which provide a flexible range of output modes, including a cross-bar functionality, and are fully compatible with all MPEG decoders or conditional access modules to support any customer application.

Last edited:

aranycsapat

Registered
Hi,

In the picture below, you can see a part of a channel list with the 3 transponders
04.8e 12188,H,IS=10 T2-MI
04.8e 12188,H,IS=20 T2-MI
04.8e 12341,H,IS=30 T2-MI
First sou have to choose one of them (to lock the tuner) and then you can open a channel from this one.
It is really stream relay!

But before you have to install "astra-sm to de-encapsulates T2-MI.

Big thanks to "athoik"

Is possibile to have a miniguide to make it?
Or better, the set of file needed (astra-conf, bouquet and scripts..)
I've installed the astra-sm with success, but other instructions made in the official guide are very hard to make for me.

strong5000

any friend can send TS file of Multi-stream sat channel to me, i have got an box said supported ACM/Multi-stream/HEVC ,want check Multi-stream function with this box in my side now. thanks