How do I Install TS Panel??

Nolia

Registered
I am new to this, how do I install on VU+ Ultimo?, I am trying to install using FTP and it won't log on. I am using File Zila(FZ) on Windows 7 and my VU IP as host add and SFTP (ssh file transfer protocol). Logon is normal. User is the name i use on Network Browse & mountpoints (CIFS hard-disk) and the password. When I click connect on FZ it says open "my username@ my VU IP add.........." 22 then it says PASS after that it says authentication failed, critical error and could not connect to server. Where am I going wrong??

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
You need to change from SFTP to just FTP (which will also change port from 22 to 21), username= root and password= blank (ie no password), as long as your IP address is right this should then connect fine.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Press green the yellow for addons panel then manual install.

Sat-Shop

Board Sponsor
Have found this won't often sometimes correctly on a few different firmware versions just by using the .ipk and manual install option via the menu, if this applies to you then you need to use either telnet to force the install or DCC to install the .ipk file, the other important bit is to give the receiver a full reboot after install (power off, leave a few seconds, power on) and it should be there.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Think the main issue is installing over older versions

However if you do have a install issue then this is the telnet command to use after transfering the ipk to the tmp folder

opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-tspanel_6.1_mipsel.ipk

The above obviously works for the latest version if your using a older version just change the version number in the command or use *

fankoosh

Super Moderator
TS panel uninstall itself if u click uninstaller (inside TS panel) > uninstall package > from list choose enigma2-TS panel to uninstall it , then it is done & restart ur e2 , u will not find it anymore , so u can install after that any version u like by diff ways but i would prefer via telnet

Nolia

Registered
Have managed to install it, the only problem I have is trying to get a emulator that will read my card, as the diablo seems to clear some channels but some don't work at all. What's the best multi-crypt emulator out there? When I install do I have to do a reboot as well?

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Whats your cards encryption type ?

Most installs will require a reboot.

Ferret

Marching On Together !
Staff member
Administrator
Irdeto & Seca depending on the version may be read in CCcam.

Scam is very good for reading Irdeto cards.

Oscam cam be set up to read a great range of cards but this can be very complex.

I guess it is a matter of trying them.

Nolia

Registered
Irdeto & Seca depending on the version may be read in CCcam.

Scam is very good for reading Irdeto cards.

Oscam cam be set up to read a great range of cards but this can be very complex.

I guess it is a matter of trying them.

so there isn't a multi card reader that is just plug and play

o.sailor

Registered
Have managed to install it, the only problem I have is trying to get a emulator that will read my card, as the diablo seems to clear some channels but some don't work at all. What's the best multi-crypt emulator out there? When I install do I have to do a reboot as well?

Hi

I have the same problem with installing Tspanel on Vu+ duo BH 1.7.6.
Did you use the telnet command suggested by Ferret? Or did you install another way.
Thanks

o.sailor

Registered
Thanks. But this does not work for me. And I try to install via HDD but after installation process which look all ok; I can not find the Tspanel anywhere. And, Yes, I did restart box after.
When I try to install manually I have an error message (now I dont remember exact words).