DM or VU+ Advise?

scorpion007

Registered
Hi I have had Dreambox and VU+ receivers I want to buy a newer model like the DM920 uhd or the VU+Duo4k. I have a Zero4k but it has a few bugs which VU won't sort out and if you email them they never reply.
this is the reason I would like to switch back to DM? can you please advise as I don't know what the DM support is like these days,

slayer7

Donating Member
There isn't many good ones on the dm920 imo. dreamelite had so many bugs in it for me. The best one i have come across is dreamOsat image its the fastest and most stable. I tried all the atv 6.1,6.2.6.3 they all seem slow through the menus...very annoying. still a long way behind the Vusolo 4k image wise imo. but obviously the vusolo4k has been out a lot longer. picture wise similar although to do a proper test you would have to have same picture on side by side on two tv's.

Last edited:

tahir85pk

Super VIP
if you want to enjoy Android plus E2 the go for dinobot 4kse/u5pvr endless possibilities & many E2 support like openatv,opennfr,hdfreak,openspa,opendroid to name a few,Kodi working flawlessly in android,internal storage option etc.Have a look yourself.

kebien

Registered
Also consider Octagon SF8008.
Is also E2,and most everything works right.
No exception,it has some bugs,but all boxes have.
I am a DM owner,from the original dm7000,dm7025,dm800hd.
I keep my boxes on 24/7 for years.
Just got the Octagon because of DVBS2x tuner,thought would be a good tool in case any of that start being used.
Surprisingly,it works ok,oscam no relay,streaming works fine,webif,decent video quality,does UHD.
Been working for couple weeks none stop,and very little problems,no heat.
Again,is new,who knows how long it can last,time will tell.
Some box to consider,specially when it cost half the price.

Stickan

Registered
I have DM900 and Vu+Ultimo 4K and a couple of older DM-boxes. My experence is that my DM900 with tripple tuner works very fast. Much faster than the Vu-boxes. so if I would by a new tuner I would definitely chhose DM920uhd.

mmg1818

Donating Member
I have DM900 and Vu+Ultimo 4K and a couple of older DM-boxes. My experence is that my DM900 with tripple tuner works very fast. Much faster than the Vu-boxes. so if I would by a new tuner I would definitely chhose DM920uhd.

I'm tired of the blue screen from Dreambox.

Serjoga

Latvian satfat
Staff member
If is FBC tuner I think 8 or 16, but I dont know I use openvision image and this not with oe 2.5