Satellite Dish size guide for UK & Europe

BLACKCRUSADER

Is the Inverto Black Ultra lnb the gold standard for Ku Band?

Not even close. You want the absolute best then use a prime focus dish and Norsat

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
$1,056 ??? is that a typo ??
can not see that LNB being of any use on my Prime Focus dish is wrong shape to fit my holder ,
3W is ok for me on my 2m prime focus but yes at least 1.2m even bigger is better .

BLACKCRUSADER

can not see that LNB being of any use on my Prime Focus dish is wrong shape to fit my holder ,
3W is ok for me on my 2m prime focus but yes at least 1.2m even bigger is better .

They come with a special mount so you can have V & H and yes we use them in broadcasting. Price is not a typo. These lnb's are often worth the difference between a 1.2 and a 1.8m using regular KY lnb's as they have better gain. I haven't worked out to upload pictures to this site otherwise would show you LNB's like this on a prime focus KU band setup.

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member

It is a WR75 flange LNB that fits onto a WR75 OMT or WR75 single port waveguide.
It depends on what feed assembly was provided by the manufacturer with the dish as to whether that LNB type will fit.

I have attached a couple of pictures below that illustrate how this type of LNB can be fitted to a Prime Focus dish.
In the 2nd picture below, the dish with the single SMW LNB was a Precision Amtennas 2.0m Prime Focus dish.

Precision WR75 OMT pic 01.jpg

SMW WDL Type E LNB (WR75 Flange) p4.jpg

barney115

Donating Member
Staff member
Administrator
i see the LNB Itself does not help the rest of the parts are required and are designed for a particular type of 2 meter dish and holder mine is much different than the pictures and my dish arms are much lighter than the picture #2 also ...it is very expensive however more than €1K Euro for only LNB ....
probably another €1K Eur for the other parts required , lol's

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member
i see the LNB Itself does not help the rest of the parts are required and are designed for a particular type of 2 meter dish and holder mine is much different than the pictures and my dish arms are much lighter than the picture #2 also ...it is very expensive however more than €1K Euro for only LNB ....
probably another €1K Eur for the other parts required , lol's

The other parts in the pictures were shipped with the dish by the manufacturer as part of the package when new.
The design was applicable across the range for all Precision Antennas dishes ranging from 90cm to 4.5m.

It is broadcast grade equipment as used by BBC, SKY UK etc, they do not have budget restrictions in this type of price range.
Most commercial installations use these type of LNB's for Ku-Band, manufacturers include Japan Radio, Norsat, Swedish Microwave and XMW.

The C120 LNB's and 40mm collar LNBF's are those found on most hobby satellite setups.
In tests, I have found that an Invacom C120 dual output and quad output perform as well in terms of signal level (SNR dB) as the more expensive WR75 flange LNB's.

For most hobby satellite setups it is a no brainer, fit the C120 LNB or the 40mm collar LNBF and throw it away and buy a new one if it goes wrong.
Broadcasters prefer long term reliability as well as performance so go for the WR75 type of LNB such as the Norsat presented above by @BLACKCRUSADER
There is a global market among broadcasters for the WR75 flange type of LNB, if there were not, the suppliers would be out of business.

Last edited:

BLACKCRUSADER

I use that twin LNB setup on my 124e and 128e KU band 3m dishes for the Sky Perfect satellite. Also Japan uses a special 0/22khz switch setup so you cannot use a normal multiswitch.
I use Norsat 11300 lnb. As I live in a country where Typhoons hit not losing signals is quite important.

moonbase

VIP
Donating Member
You can see the twin KU band setup on the 3m dish pointing to the left at 124E

Yes, easy to see the pair of WR75 LNB's on the orthomode.
What have you got the H & V outputs connected to at the other end, is it a "2 In - n Out" multiswitch?

I have had decent results with a Spaun SMS 281 F multiswitch, H & V in and 8 outputs.
The SNR dB level on the multiswitch outputs is only very marginally reduced by fractions of a dB compared to direct from the LNB's themselves.

BLACKCRUSADER

Yes, easy to see the pair of WR75 LNB's on the orthomode.
What have you got the H & V outputs connected to at the other end, is it a "2 In - n Out" multiswitch?

I have had decent results with a Spaun SMS 281 F multiswitch, H & V in and 8 outputs.
The SNR dB level on the multiswitch outputs is only very marginally reduced by fractions of a dB compared to direct from the LNB's themselves.

There are two dishes for Sky Perfect Japan 124e and 128e at my place they are 3m Prodeline dishes.
The cables first go to splitters which then go to special MS 34 input. The output then go to Pulse control Switch. So one feed is 124E H & V the other feed is 128 H & V
You cannot use a normal multi switch because Japan uses a different system. RX out to each STB.

lp45qsl

Registered
I use powered multiswitches and yes there is no drop really from LNB direct. 8 in 16 out.
Signal levels matter lol

Can I help myself with configuring dvbdream using multiswitch? I have a LNB QUAD, and with the multiswitch I have 8 outputs. But what happens is that many times the dvb crashes, I have to restart the dvb.