HD receiver: opinion

andy1978

Registered
Guys,

I am thinking of buying a new receiver, a HD receiver. I would like to have your opinions about the best choices. I would like a HD receiver but compatible with Diablo Cam and that could be patched with new firmwares, if possible. Can some of you give your personal opinions?

Thanks

Rocknroll

Staff member
Administrator
I'd also give my vote to ipbox910 atm. Although it is too early to call since it is not released yet. But hardware wise, they've proven with ipbox900 and 9000 they've done a good job. Software wise, they claim they'll release ipbox910 with enigma installed.
So in terms of features you get for affordable price think they have the best balance.
Don't really know how well is diablo supported, but I assume it works fine.
Azbox hd when and if it ever comes :) might be good but that just hard to predict for now.

But if you are just concerned about watching channels diablo can provide you with then I guess you can go with some cheaper box.

crasher

Registered
guys, this would be a stupid question but is there any way to make my skystar2 dvb card work for HD channels ? something like a ROM update or special software? or maybe codex? or this is a pure Hardware issue ?

cranebrook

Registered
Technomate 6900 everytime

I have had my technomate 6900 HD combi for a while now

Apart from missing out on ITV HD :-( it's brill !

danndg

Registered
cranebrook. you can get itvhd on 6900 no problem try loading the latest channel listings