Manually Install Ccam and Ccam config

pmmali

Registered
Hi Guys
Its possible to Download and install Ccam and Ccam config file Manually to Dream DM500s? (first download Ccam and config file to computer and transfer to Dream)
if it possible then in Dreambox witch folder i have to added these files also whare can i get Ccam config files)

i know its possible to dream directly via Blue button and go to dream server. but i need to Download and transfer via computer.

Regards.

Demolition

Registered
you can install Cccam manual from your pc into your dm500

You can do that with an FTP programm like DCC ( Dreambox Control Center).

FTP CCcam.ppc to var/bin

rename CCcam.ppc to CCcam

set the atributes on 755 ( reed right execute )

FTP the config files to : var/etc

Butt... to start and stop the Emu you need a script.
It depends on the Image you use , you can not use a script from nabilo Image for EDG Image ( for example )

You can start the Emu with Telnet commands

var/bin/CCcam &

But using a script is more Comfortable

so... if you tell us wich Image you use someone from this board can help you further

pmmali

Registered
Still I dont install any new image on that receiver. its Pre installed Gemini old version. and guys can u pls give me a correct link for download ccam and config file also script.

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
here you go, ftp them both to tmp, then do a manual install from the remote

pmmali

Registered
Hi Stillabrummie.

Thank you very much for the files. and only one dought. i have downloade both files. now want to transfer these file without extarct?
coz each zip file have 3 folders.

and there is no any way to send these files via Com port? or we cannot brows inside dream folder via com cable?

Last edited:

vicarage

Registered
thanks for the help on this topic but i still cant seem to get this working! there is a config file in var/bin and in etc?

Brummie

Staff member
Administrator
what image are you using, most images you can download from the remote, providing the unit is connected to a router