PCEditor backup problem.

llad

Registered
Hello All

I'm a new cuberevo HD owner.
I was trying to do and image backup with PCeditor latest v 1.2.60. The box is as came and reports R13759 is status info.

Everything seems to work so far apart from create image backup.
It seems to crash/hang the box if I check the kernel_root option.
Video freezes and wont respond to anything.

The all_noboot option seems to work fine and downloads an image to my PC.

Do I need kernel_root to restore the box back to current?

Or does all_noboot have everything I need?

Tried the no ping option on and off no difference.

Just trying to make sure I can get back where I started if I mess it up.

Any help/suggestions appreciated.

carrpet

Registered
Hi there, I regularly use PC Editor for creating backups, and I always use the all_noboot option. Never had a failure. I use the backups to install a new image when I setup a new box. Very fast and reliable.

llad

Registered
Hi carrpet
Thanks. After quite a bit of checking I tried, with fingers crossed, and as you say it worked ok.
Not sure why it stops on the kernel_root option from what i can tell it is only a subset of the all_noboot.

I have new problem now can't find it mentioned elsewhere here but when I set daily recordings the next day they are all listed twice in the recording status area where you can edit them also in the webclient.

carrpet

Registered
Hi llad, have you checked to see whether you are actually getting two recordings on media/hdd ? How many partitions on HDD do you have. How is it formatted is it ext2 or ext3 ?

llad

Registered
Hi carrpet
Thanks. Seems to have solved itself I just deleted them and put them in again on the receiver menu.

I think it had something todo with putting them in or editing them in the web interface.