Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

serkanguzel

Registered
@William-1, for infos thanks.

Technomate 5302 HD, What is the processor used in the Marks and model number ?

Regards.

william-1

Feed Hunter
TM5302HD Specifications

TM5302HD Specifications

32 bit processor (256 MHz)

Flash memory 8MHz

Video Decoder: MPEG-2, MPEG-4 HD, H.264, PAL, NTSC

Audio Decoder: MPEG-1/2, Dolby Digital Plus AC3 Audio

High-Definition HD: 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 576i, 480i

SDRAM / Flash: 256Mbytes / 64Mbytes

Front Display: 7-Segment 4-Digit

15,000 TV & Radio channel memory

For searching, there’s a hardware blind search tuner which is much more accurate than software blind search.

The satellite tuner is super sensitive to pick up weak signals and weak transponders.

SCPC & MCPC receivable from C/Ku band satellites LNBs supported:
Universal, Single, Single S & C band wideband LNBs

MP3 player and JPEG viewer via powered external HDD or USB Flash Drive (memory stick)

DiSEqC 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 & 1.3 (USALS) compatible
With current software upgrades over the last 6 months has transformed this receiver to a excellent addition for the Feed Hunter.

Regards..........William-1

Robinson74

Registered
I could not agree more with you the TBS card beats evrything available at the moment bar none
So for today, which is the most recommended DVB card which can successfully deal with ACM/VCM, 16APSK, 32APSK and 4:2:2?

yes if you enter the details... if its 4.2.2 then use vlc ,regards mdt
Do you mean to record the feed, copy to my computer's HDD and watch using VLC? What's the best way to go about it with minimum time delay?

amdaley

Registered
Best Blind Scan Receiver for Feed Hunting

Blind Scan HD satellite receivers for Feed Hunting update November 20th 2013

After trying several other HD Blind Scan receivers over the last 6 months I have now made the Technomate TM5302 HD the best for Feed Hunting.

The Top 5

1/Technomate TM5302HD (Blind scan range of 600 to 45.000 symbol rate) reliability scores 95%
Display includes Symbol Rate, Modulation type DVB-S QPSK DVB-S2 8PSK or DVB-S2 QPSK,FEC,MPEG-2,MPEG-4, (APSK when found in search but does not display atm,)
Bit rates for Video & Audio displayed,Frame rate,TS Info,ECM & BER readouts,
Blind Scan is set @ 6MHz steps finds all transponders from 1000 to 45,000 symbol rate,
The Blind Scan is available in these MHz steps 1-2-3-4-6-8-16 & 32
For 98% of feeds found @ 6MHz steps - @ 4 MHz will find some lower symbol rates in the 800 to 45,000 range,
After the recent upgrades the TM5302HD has just got better & better for Feed Hunting,

2/Spiderbox HD9900 (Blind scan range of 600 to 45.000 symbol rate) reliability scores 90%
Display includes: Frequency,Symbol Rate, Modulation type DVB-S QPSK DVB-S2 8PSK or DVB-S2 QPSK,
8 MHz stepped blind finds all transponders with symbol rates
1,800 to 45,000 S/R
6 MHz stepped blind scan finds all transponders with symbol rates 1,500 to 45,000 S/R
4 MHz blind scan finds all transponders 1,200 to 45,000 S/R

3/Spiderbox HD9000 (Blind scan range of 500 to 45.000 symbol rate) reliability 90%
Blind Scan Specification as Spiderbox HD 9900

4/AZBox Premium HD+ (Blind scan range of 500 to 45.000 symbol rate) reliability scores 90%
+ 4:2:2 capability on the AZBox
The stepped Blind scan @ 5 MHz finds most transponders with symbol rates from 1,500 to 45,000
AZBox P+ is let down by poor support & has not kept up with recent developements such as avc codec, elecard & MPEG-4 in 4:2:2

5/TM6900HDSuper+ (Blind scan range of 2000 to 45.000 symbol rate) reliability scores 90%
Stepped Blind Scan @ 4 MHz finds most transponders 2,200 to 45,000

The TM6900HD would have scored higher but for these issues
(Overwrites symbol rates with the next active transponder when within 4MHz so that 12734 H 2170 becomes 12734 becomes 2604 as the next transponder is 12738 H 2604 on 10 east & effectively wipes out the channel data,) cannot find symbol rates below 2000cps,

Technomate TM5302HD is without doubt the best Blind Scan receiver for Feed Hunters.

Others tested TM5402HD Super M1,Blade 7000s, DrHD D15 all exibited the same Blind Scan fault of 45,000 symbol rate found when a low symbol rate is in use so not included in Best blind Scan Receiver,

Other developements The TM5402HD with the latest software has started to display Multi Streams not perfected atm but looks interesting.

Regards...........William-1

Hi William.
Is this still the situation or is there a better receiver with blind scan out there for feed hunting.
Just getting back into satellite after a long time away from te hobby.
Thanks.
Tony.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Hi William.
Is this still the situation or is there a better receiver with blind scan out there for feed hunting.
Just getting back into satellite after a long time away from te hobby.
Thanks.
Tony.

The TM5302HD is the most accurate blind scan I have tested still with the TM5402HD M3 a close second with much faster blind scans in 1/3 of the time of anything else in my previous list some data base errors let this receiver down but it has very good support.

amdaley

Registered
The TM5302HD is the most accurate blind scan I have tested still with the TM5402HD M3 a close second with much faster blind scans in 1/3 of the time of anything else in my previous list some data base errors let this receiver down but it has very good support.

Thanks William.

william-1

Feed Hunter
Please, i want a recommendation for a receiver for 4:2:2 (reception feeds).
Thanks

There is only one to my knowledge AZBox Premium+ if you can find one as it is no longer in production,
Maybe someone can advise on the more recent AZBoxes ? or any other stand alone receiver that does 4:2:2.

SatFeedTV

Registered
one suggestion , what model DVB card ? dvb card extern with USB , exist ?

thanks

Dear koko67,
I can suggest you TBS 5925,is one that I use it and am verry happy.
Professional TV Tuner external box, built with the highest industry standard, with its rock reliability is the device that any personal enthusiasts or engineers in digital satellite TV industry dream to have. The applying of an unique DVB-S2 demodulator chipset makes it possible to receive special streams broadcasted with ACM, VCM, Multi Input Stream, 16APSK, 32APSK. The built in hardware blind scan feature allows scanning of unknown satellite transponder with symbol rate as low as 200ksps, while most satellite receiving device can receive no less than 1Msps symbol rate.

auxius

Registered
Is it true that Azbox Premium HD+ only support MPEG-2 4:2:2?
But not the MPEG-4 4:2:2?

I someone can really confirm this.

taper2000_uk

Registered
Dear koko67,
I can suggest you TBS 5925,is one that I use it and am verry happy.
Professional TV Tuner external box, built with the highest industry standard, with its rock reliability is the device that any personal enthusiasts or engineers in digital satellite TV industry dream to have. The applying of an unique DVB-S2 demodulator chipset makes it possible to receive special streams broadcasted with ACM, VCM, Multi Input Stream, 16APSK, 32APSK. The built in hardware blind scan feature allows scanning of unknown satellite transponder with symbol rate as low as 200ksps, while most satellite receiving device can receive no less than 1Msps symbol rate.

So will this decode 4:2:2 ?

william-1

Feed Hunter
Very limited use due to lack of support upgrades the AZBox cannot decode Codecs used with 4:2:2 transmissions hardware is limited due to the receivers capacity Biss codes cannot be updated without the aid of a server,

There is no stand alone satellite receiver that can handle all transmissions types as well as the TBS 5925 & other pc cards of this type.

stephan94

Registered
Good Morning

The best receiver for BlindScan is currently the Openbox SX6

He found very quickly all frequencies between SR250 and 60000

one problem it does not indicate the type of modulation.

stephan94

auxius

Registered
@william

sir what firmware and specific version you installed on your Premium+? or what do you think is the best for blindscan for this receiver. THanks