Go Back   Sat Universe > Emulators & Cardservers > Chat > CCcam Chat

Note: Visitors from certain countries might see in-text advertising(underlind words in posts) or slide-in ads.
It is only shown to unregistered visitors or members that haven't made any posts. So you can easily get rid of it.

CCcam only connects to IP not DNS!

CCcam Chat

Old 08-06-2017, 23:56  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Default CCcam only connects to IP not DNS!

Hi guys,

Maybe someone can help me with this strange issue. CCcam 2.3 does not connect to DNS, but does connect to IP's.

E.G test.dtdns.net will not connect but the IP for it will (xx.xxx.xxx.xxx)

Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing in the cfg file? Or is this an issue with my internet provider?

I am using vu+ duo with blackhole 3.0.3H.

Pretty confused about this.

EDIT: I have a new internet provider and there is no option for Dynamic DNS. However I would have thought this only affects my ability to operate with DNS, and would not affect my ability to connect to DNS.

Many thanks, Mac

Last edited by TheMac; 09-06-2017 at 00:00..
Old 09-06-2017, 20:58  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

All stumped? Join the club...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 21:25  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

have you tried other cccam versions

I also have use of a vu duo
and found cccam2.3 not that good ecm time missing and some c-lines wouldn't connect

im using cccam2.2.1 and no probs
VU+duo
EDG Nemesis
Old 12-06-2017, 10:54  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

Hi, thanks for your reply.

I never had a problem with 2.3 reading dynamic DNS lines until last week. Very strange. Maybe I will try a new image or new softcam.

Old 13-06-2017, 22:04  Translate from English to Italian  Translate from English to French  Translate from English to German  Translate from English to Spanish  Translate from English to Dutch  Translate from English to Greek  Translate from English to Portuguese  Translate from English to Russian  Translate from English to Russian

OK so the solution to this is to ensure you have set up the Primary and Secondary DNS in your network settings on your box. So find out what these are for your ISP.

Thought I'd be responsible and post the solution, nothing worse than an unfinished thread with no solution...hope this helps someone in future
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMac For This Useful Post:
Ferret (13-06-2017)